NEurope
Phube

You've got your Wii home, What's the first thing you do?

I thought I'd start a nice friendly discussion (i.e. not graphics arguments!!)

So you've got back from the shops (or it's just been delivered) you've plugged it in, and now you've turned it on...

What is the first thing you're going to do?

Personally, and you can call me sad I won't cry, I'm going to create my very own Mii. Two reasons:

1) It just looks sooo cool and fun to do...

2) Also I believe its the perfect thing to help you get used to using the Wii-mote.

Your turn.

Ill most likely be foaming at the mouth and trying to cram Zelda TP into the Wii. I have a feeling that self-loading slot is gonna slowwwwww

Probably create Mii, have a round of Tennis then boot up Zelda. Sounds like a fun day planned for me.

`Rub my penis over it.

Break out Wii Play and Wii Sports with a few mates I reckon.

Sleep at 6am, then maybe play some Super Monkey Ball mini games the next night.

Might check out those Wii channels and see how much of a gimick they are and fiddle with any downloadable content available.. DS demos, Wii demos for instance.

This is all under the assumption that NintendoConnect24 will launch with the system.. I have a suspicion that Smash Bros has been delayed because Connect24 has.

It's not a wildly superior game.. new graphics, same controller.. new characters so some tweaking perhaps.

I see no god damned reason why it's being delayed besides that.

First I will wipe away the drool, then I will begin playing Zelda and I will keep playing it until my eyes start to bleed.

Its gonna be tough not to just stick Zelda in but I may try to resist and have a go on Wii Sports. But dont expect me to succeed in playing anything else than Zelda until atleast we're well into January.

If I get a Wii at launch I'd like to download a couple of VC games if the service is up and running and then mess about in the menus and photo channels and things.

Look around all the menus. Make a Mii. Play Wii Sports and try and get used to the Wii-mote

If I get it on the night, i'll play around with Mii/WiiSports/WiiPlay for a while and then first thing next morning start Twilight Princess.

First off I'm going to go have a wii. So then I don't have to take a break from playing the system for like 8 hours straight.

Then as most people have said here. I'll make a profile with my Mii and then start playing Zelda!

First I'll unpack it, then I'll connect all the cables, turn my TV and Wii on. The first thing for me will be to find the options menu where I'll calibrate everything for my liking and then I'll play either Red Steel or TP.

Once it's all set up I'll probably stare at it for about a minute and then turn it on. I'll check out the channels and create a Mii. Then I'll play Zelda for the rest of the day.

Plug the console in, adore it abit. Then I gotta try out Wii Sports for a while and then play the game I'm bought with the console. Twilight Princess I reckon.

:santa:

I'm suprised how much love Wii Sports is getting.. I would have thought most people would consider them as inferior as they're a freebie.

I'm not sure how long Wii Play/Sport will last for me.. but I think it would be great fun for at least a few weeks. I imagine it will be easy to master to an extent where you get a home run every time in Baseball.. 10 pins every roll in Bowling etc..

Golf and Pool are good games for me, can't afford to do either in real life.

so no one is gonna invite their parents to play a round of Wii tennis? Interesting...

so no one is gonna invite their parents to play a round of Wii tennis? Interesting...

If I can afford a second Wii-mote on launch, I'm sure I'll have a few rounds of tennis with my flatmates :)

After it's all set up and running (it will probably make you calibrate the controller when you first turn it on) I'm going to explore all the menus and get used to the controller then depending if my brothers home we'll either play Red Steel on co-op (if it has it) or a game of tennis.