NEurope
Dante

Sengoku Musou Wave

Oh no! It (still) lives!!

Wii remote slash, Sengoku Musou Wave dated

Koei announced Sengoku Musou Wave when Nintendo spilled the details about the Wii remote. At the time Sengoku Musou Wave looked interesting because it blended the Dynasty Warriors concept with motion controlled sword fighting. I imagined it might have been something like Blade of Honor, but with more things to slash at on screen.

After a long period of silence about Sengoku Musou Wave, Koei announced they will release it in Japan on September 20 under a new name, Sengoku Musou Katana. On top of Wiimote sword fighting, Sengoku Musou Katana adds in bow shooting and horseback riding, though controls for each of these features have not been announced. If you add in the international releases of Dynasty Warriors: Gundam (PS3 / X360) and Warriors Orochi (PS2 / X360) the market is going to be flooded with Warriors games and braindead enemies.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2007/06/29/sengoku-musou-wave-finally-coming-out/

Is it a good sign that I got annoyed at that trailer?

Seriously the "ouch" sound the enemies make alone could send me on a killing spree.