NEurope
Dante

Sengoku Musou Wave

Ah! Very valid point, i forgot pretty much only 2 Wii games have been in development for a while, Zelda for years hence the awesome graphics and Red steel for a year and a few months I think.

I think we all need to remember that, these are only the first wave of games and developers may not have had much time or want to reduce production costs as much as possible to make an affordable game.

Ah! Very valid point, i forgot pretty much only 2 Wii games have been in development for a while, Zelda for years hence the awesome graphics and Red steel for a year and a few months I think.

I think we all need to remember that, these are only the first wave of games and developers may not have had much time or want to reduce production costs as much as possible to make an affordable game.

Rogue Squadron II was made in 6 months.

Zelda uses 0% Wii's power, it's a GC game at heart, meaning the graphics stay unchanged, judging from what the developers said.

And I've seen/played games in GC made by twelve people teams (like chibi robo) that look way better than this game... that is a really bad omen for this one.

Thank you, I never really look for the bad things, as well this game isn't coming out until early 2007 in Jap so theres plently of time to improve. Also this game will be more like house of the Dead in gameply terms than previous Dynasty Warriors

Alright, who gave them an N64 dev kit and a normal TV remote?

Own up...

Well then, looks like we're gonna have to wait a while for those good graphics to come in, the gamecube launch had better graphics than most of the wii's. Not that it matters, but still, its best to see a system being pushed to make the public believe £180 is a suitable price, if I didnt know any better i'd be thinking what a load of shit and would of went the 360 way.

(...)this game isn't coming out until early 2007 in Jap so theres plently of time to improve. Also this game will be more like house of the Dead in gameply terms than previous Dynasty Warriors
Fair enough, they have a few months left, but they really have to redo pretty much everything that goes in-game. Unless they are just porting a existing PSP game to work on Wii going for the gameplay first... (and then redoing all the rest)

They're probably running these in a direct port of the PSP engine:

dynasty-warriors-20050112042035810.jpg

Well then, looks like we're gonna have to wait a while for those good graphics to come in, the gamecube launch had better graphics than most of the wii's. Not that it matters, but still, its best to see a system being pushed to make the public believe £180 is a suitable price, if I didnt know any better i'd be thinking what a load of shit and would of went the 360 way.
Don't count on great graphics for this one though.

Also GC had a launch line-up with good, above average graphics, in a few games, but still, Wii is looking better, there's a big diference between monkey ball GC and Wii version, rayman 3 versus rayman 4, etc... Also most games are using better texture resolutions.

lets get this straight, the wii has a similar architecture to the cube correct, Nintendo made this point clear, so the developers would already know how to make games for it, they should be used to this architecture.

Frankly i cant believe shit like this is being accepted by Nintendo.

Frankly, every game on launch, SHOULD look better then any current gen game, instead quite a few look worse. How the hell does that happen?

The Wii is looking like another Nintendo console where 90% of all the games i buy for it are from Nintendo. Whats the point in having 3rd parties then?

Wow, this game looks so great!

Wait, did I say "great"?

Damn it! I've done it again!

I meant "absoluotly fucking shite".

looks awful, god its getting disappointing more and more every day, as more and more third party games come out with shocking looking graphics.this is console placed somewhere between xbox and the 360, at the minute some games are not doing this justice.

I heard Iwata said we will not tell the difference between ps3, 360 games and wii games?

Funny, because I heard Iwata say Smash Bros would be ready for launch...

I heard Iwata said we will not tell the difference between ps3, 360 games and wii games?

IE Capcom games? ::shrug:

Wow I totally forgot Iwata saying that...Nintendo's generations of broken promises, not like that I care about the DVD playability..

That lie about not being able to tell the difference may have to be the biggest one, second being the fact we were going to play smash bro's at launch online, not online wont we be playing it, we wont be playing any other title online this year.

Its time Uk Resistance made a Nintendo Lie Watch
Nah, this game graphics are fault of the developer, not Nintendo. Still it would be good for Wii's reputation for this game not to come in stores (not like this).

Sony prohibited 2D games on PS2 (unless with special authorization) because she felt these games would harass the people awareness of the power (or lack of it) of the console.

We always have a thin line in this matter (I don't think Sony acted well), but Nintendo should certainly be more firm about this, because they have more to proove, graphics-wise... things like 16:9 support and Progressive Scan should be a standard obligation on Wii (they aren't).

That lie about not being able to tell the difference may have to be the biggest one, second being the fact we were going to play smash bro's at launch online, not online wont we be playing it, we wont be playing any other title online this year.
Did you want a unfinished game at launch? I honestly don't give a damn, I actually root for Nintendo to release their games when their done. even if they miss the launch.

It's been known since last E3 that Smash Bros is not intended for 2006, no use in whining.

Actually the biggest Nintendo error is the fact that Wii sports has no online. they should work 24/7 to implement it in time for launch.

Wow I totally forgot Iwata saying that...Nintendo's generations of broken promises, not like that I care about the DVD playability..

Tony Hawks is online at launch so there

Isn't this just a new Samurai Warriors game for the Wii?

I have Samurai Warriors for Xbox, and quite like it - it's a nice bit of old-fashioned hack-and-slash.

Tony Hawks is online at launch so there
it isn't.

Yesterday we posted a temporary boxart for Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam on the Wii. The reason why this boxart was so strange is because it had the Nintendo Wi-fi Connection logo on it. The boxart was found at EB Games/Gamestop, and just today it popped up on Best Buy as well. Instead of posting, I emailed the good people at Activision to find out what the situation is.

Those are pre-final images, and the final box will not have the wi-fi logo. Activision’s in the process of updating the retailers with finalized images.

Source: http://gonintendo.com/index.php?paged=9

Pokemon is online right?

There have only been two promises broken by Nintendo. That's child's play compared to what the other two got up to. At least you can rely on the fact that the Wii will work without endangering you!

Pokemon is online right?

There have only been two promises broken by Nintendo. That's child's play compared to what the other two got up to. At least you can rely on the fact that the Wii will work without endangering you!

Pokémon is online, but will only come back on Japan by years end. Sure, Wii comes out on december 2nd there (great line-up).

But, Wii Sports should be online. comming with the console and all, it's a incentive, and a good game to be online. same woth Excite Truck, being offline is a little shame.

Don't really care about "these" broken promises though (they never promised those games would be online) I just want(ed) the extra mile.

Did anyone else ever play a similar game in the arcades? I think it might've been by Namco. In fact, I thought this was just an arcade conversion when I first caught a glimpse of it in the conference video the other day.

It was one that worked on a similar premise, with a plastic sword and sensors around the screen that detected movement.

The novelty of the whole hack and slash thing wore off as your arms grew more and more tired...

I know graphics aren't everything, but I'm a little concerned that perhaps Nintendo aren't giving as much support/knowledge to the 3rd party developers as they'd like. :\