NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic Boo

Richard Hammond Accident

His brain damage really doesn't sound good... lets hope he can recover.

It was my brother that originally got me into the top gear show, Top Gear is the only car show that I could ever sit down and watch due to the humour of the show between the 3 presenters and the tasks they are given.

I never laughed so hard before when they had to convert cars into boats.

Richard is by far my favourite out of the 3 presenters.

My bro and i was watching the news last night when we heard of richards crash and our hearts litterly skipped a beat, hes a great guy and all of my hope goes to richard and his family, such a sad day to hear of something so terrible happening to such a great guy.

Most of todays newspapers are claiming that crash occured at a speed of around 280mph. Despite denials, rumours are persisting that Hammond was attempting to break the British land speed record. This could become significant later as both the BBC and the HSE & Police have now launched their investigations.

well, A friend I know had "significant brain damage" about this time last year.

at first it was weird - it wasn't really them.he was a bit slower, in speech and thought, got words muddled up, and seemed to be easily confused, was a little scary.

but approaching a year later and he's back to his old self, and his scar seems to have healed very nicely.

So hopefully its similar, and its just a case of monitoring and making sure everything is good. first 72 hours are the most important, and he had assistance immediately so they are all good signs.

I can't say I watch much of what he presents, but I must say what little I have seen, he does come across as a good presenter.

You know he's a tough mother when he survives a 300 mph crash, much props, he's a very cool guy and I hope he makes it.

As i said in the meaningless thread, i was shocked to hear the news, the guy is a legend....i hope he is gonna be alright.

Let's hope this serious injury is just a lot of broken bones, nothing lasting. He's fantastic on Top Gear and Brainiac.

1.jpg

Whoa check out those gouges. He's now been moved from intensive care, and his condition has been downgraded from "serious but stable" to "stable". Apparently he hasn't susatined any severe physical deformities, so his face isn't mangled or anything. Good to know. :smile:

"Mr Clarkson told the Sun newspaper that he had insulted Mr Hammond's driving skills - prompting a smile from Mr Hammond."

I like this, I can imagine the scene and it just seems really touching. Sounds like he's on the way to recovery, excellent news.

Sign in to follow this