NEurope

*is disappointed by your bleach-lacking list!!!*

I wanted to put it in, I wrote it, then unwrote it, then repeated. I loved Bleach once upon a time. All the way up to the end of the Seireitei arc, I was loving it. Then it just started to fluctuate so much, not just with the Bount arc but the way such awful humour is mixed in to slow the show down. How do you reccomend that to someone in a list of great anime? "Oh this, it's good, but only episodes a-b, c-d, e-f, g, h etc...."

If there was a stripped down version of Bleach where you only got the good stuff, I'd say that.

*still hasn't got round to watching one piece*
I'm sure you will really love it. The characters are so immensely lovable, the story arcs are emotional rollercoasters and it's so much more varied than Naruto or Bleach.
WHY DOES NOBODY TALK ABOUT SHIPPUUDEN ANYMORE ¬_¬ just when its getting bloody good too.
Fo sho. The latest few episodes have been killer awesome. Although in the last one I was seriously annoyed with how bad Ameterasu looked. In the manga it looked like something out of Okami, artistic almost. In the anime it looked like black puke. That aside, the story has really gone into overdrive. I just hope they don't ever need a filler again which is long enough to warrant its own OP.

Most of my faves, split into 'types'.

Action (Shonen):

One Piece,

Naruto,

Cowboy Bebop,

Trigun,

Death Note,

Hikaru no Go,

Ghost in the Shell,

Hunter x Hunter,

Xam'd,

Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X),

Eureka Seven

Samurai Champloo

Bleach

Thoughtful:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya,

Escaflowne,

Neon Genesis Evangelion,

Higashi no Eden (Eden of the East),

Kure-nai

Mushishi

Clannad

Funny:

Great Teacher Onizuka

Skip Beat

Crazy:

FLCL

Excel Saga

I invite anyone to c&p my list and add more to it :) (you can even cross some out with the tag)

Edited for great justice!

I wanted to put it in, I wrote it, then unwrote it, then repeated. I loved Bleach once upon a time. All the way up to the end of the Seireitei arc, I was loving it. Then it just started to fluctuate so much, not just with the Bount arc but the way such awful humour is mixed in to slow the show down. How do you reccomend that to someone in a list of great anime? "Oh this, it's good, but only episodes a-b, c-d, e-f, g, h etc...."

You can say that about Naruuuto too! But yeah fair point.

If there was a stripped down version of Bleach where you only got the good stuff, I'd say that.

I'm sure you will really love it. The characters are so immensely lovable, the story arcs are emotional rollercoasters and it's so much more varied than Naruto or Bleach.

I will watch it sooner rather than later - long story short - had a problem with t'internets that I wasn't able to download without whoring everyones browsing (very slow) but my dad complained and its been sorted. So I shall commence downloadage soon.

Fo sho. The latest few episodes have been killer awesome. Although in the last one I was seriously annoyed with how bad Ameterasu looked. In the manga it looked like something out of Okami, artistic almost. In the anime it looked like black puke. That aside, the story has really gone into overdrive. I just hope they don't ever need a filler again which is long enough to warrant its own OP.

It's very similar to Sai's inky stuff. Fuck. Right. Off. I want it to be awesomesauce, like

ichigo's hollow reiatsu

or

the fox's cloak

Agreed on the last bit - both bleach and Naruto seem to rush canon waaay on ahead, then have to stop. I think I'd prefer a few gap weeks, or no double eps, and have consistent episodes. I'm sick of the Bleach meander into the zanpaktou rebellion. It seems like eons since

ichigo squared up to "green-eyes-number-4-name-escapes-me" for ze epic battle to end all battles. Bring eet on.

I did like the arc at the beginning, when it was a mystery and there was character building (which no doubt will be completely forgotten because its not caaaanon *sadface*)

Action (Shonen):

One Piece,

Naruto,

Cowboy Bebop,

Trigun,

Death Note,

Hikaru no Go,

Ghost in the Shell,

Hunter x Hunter,

Xam'd,

Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X),

Eureka Seven

Fullmetal Alchemist

Thoughtful:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya,

Escaflowne,

Neon Genesis Evangelion,

Higashi no Eden (Eden of the East),

Kure-nai

Mushishi

Clannad

Kanon

Funny:

Great Teacher Onizuka

Cromartie High School

Azumanga Daioh

Crazy:

FLCL

I invite anyone to c&p my list and add more to it :) (you can even cross some out with the tag)

You asked for it.

Monster.

After that you will realize that there is no other anime that can match it in quality and that there is no other need to watch anything else.

One Piece is awesome too, up to 350 and love it

I watched the Cowboy Bebop film a few days ago and it was really good. The animation in it was just... lip syncing. When you have lip syncing hand drawn animation it's the best ever.

Canaan I'd like to add to that list. One of the recent ones and it was quite good. I really enjoyed it.

Also:

Noein

Paprika for a film to watch

Sword of the Stranger which Bones just released on DVD over here.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 for a really moving anime. Everyone will feel sad at the end of that show.

Welcome to the NHK for something funny.

And the Sky Crawlers.

Hmm, I'd say NHK is somewhat too serious to go in the funny category. But it's amazing, one of my favourite shows ever.

More funnies: Azumanga Daioh, Yakitate!! Japan, School Rumble.

More thoughtful (well perhaps): Higurashi no naku koro ni, Elfen Lied.

More Shounen (ish): Mai-HiME.

Some Shoujo: Honey and Clover, Maria-sama ga Miteru.

You can say that about Naruuuto too! But yeah fair point.

Ah but Shippuuden does have a cut down version :heh: Made by Catterix over at the NarutoFan forums is "Shippuucut", a chopped up version of Shippuuden made to better fit the manga, with all drawn out crap removed. Genius.

One Piece Complete Season 1 (Episodes 1 - 53) Bundle $89.99! (Plus a little for shipping). Retail price is normally $199.92. Each set is available separately for $23.99 as well. Amazing deal.

DVD's include the excellent Funi Dub and Japanese Audio + Subtitle.

That's a good deal, although I can't bring myself ever to purchase from a poor looking site. If you can't afford good webdesign, you must be doing something wrong! And even though it's a good deal, it would cost $720 by the time they were all out on DVD up til now.

That's a good deal, although I can't bring myself ever to purchase from a poor looking site. If you can't afford good webdesign, you must be doing something wrong! And even though it's a good deal, it would cost $720 by the time they were all out on DVD up til now.

Rightstuf are trustworthy plus they are FUNImation's official store, I've bought all my One Piece DVD's from them. They ship pre-orders super early as well. They also have excellent customer services, I always get a quick response. They may not have the best web design, but I've seen worse. I 200% recommend them.

Edited by Ike

Hmm, I'd say NHK is somewhat too serious to go in the funny category. But it's amazing, one of my favourite shows ever.

Yeah my bad. I remembered how depressing it really was at the end. Both the anime and the manga.

Just been watching Black Lagoon and it's good. Massive change from all the moe shows that've come recently. I need to see more like it.

I have not watched all the One Piece episodes (at 370) but can someone tell me if it spoiler safe for me to watch the films?

Also the trailer for the 10th one is epic.

I have not watched all the One Piece episodes (at 370) but can someone tell me if it spoiler safe for me to watch the films?

Yeah you'll be fine, the first 9 movies take place long before episode 370. Movie 8 is a retelling of the Alabasta arc and Movie 9 is a retelling/sort-of-what-if of the Drum Kingdom arc.

Gahh, don't tease us with trailers for movies that won't be subbed in a reasonable quality for about 2 years >.<

amazon, forbiddenplanet.com (not .co.uk, very unreliable), thebookdepository.co.uk

Any good book store really.

Wouldn't usually post about any of this stuff here, but anyone read the latest FMA manga chapter?

Really good stuff, as always though. I've been following FMA in manga form for about 5 years now and it consistently offers me the best read I get in a month.

Things are working up to a very epic conclusion now. When the new Brotherhood anime covers all the recent events I'm sure there will be a lot of astounded viewers.

EDIT: For some reason it says I'm viewing page "460 of 468" on this thread. What the hell is up with that?

Wouldn't usually post about any of this stuff here, but anyone read the latest FMA manga chapter?

Really good stuff, as always though. I've been following FMA in manga form for about 5 years now and it consistently offers me the best read I get in a month.

Things are working up to a very epic conclusion now. When the new Brotherhood anime covers all the recent events I'm sure there will be a lot of astounded viewers.

I know. Amazing what happened in this last chapter. I honestly can't wait to see Brotherhood catch up.

Also, apparently we have the same favourite character :p

Edited by Jonnas

Ding dong

itachi's dead

AND

he implanted the black flames (which suck) into sasuke....to protect him?!

What is this nonsense?!

AND!!!!!

Tobi is the other Uchiha survivor?!