NEurope

I watched Episode 1 of Fairy Tale I was looking forward to it as I love the manga but I came out disappointed. The main structure is there but they focus too much on the silliness which while funny detracts from the seriousness of the story. The animation doesn't help with this either as compared to manga the characters facial expressions are rather bland and lack the depth needed to rightfully portray the true emotions of them. Particularly Natsu in the final fighting scene! ...

I must say, having watched it I agree! The manga is still mega-awesome though!

Good start to series 2 of the Bloody Monday!

Amazing cliffhanger at the end to start it off :santa:

Think I'm going to avoid the anime of Fairy Tail, manga is too good to ruin!

IGN's Best Anime Characters

Our criteria for selection involved a little bit of everything – each character's lasting fame, the impact they had on the medium and their particular genre at the time, the depth and quality of their realization on screen, and of course, a little bit of personal taste. Everyone out there has their own damned opinion, of course, so have a look at ours, and then feel free to share yours afterwards.

1.Goku

2.Astro Boy

3. Speed Racer

4.Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

5. Himura Kenshin

6. Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)

7. Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)

8. Pikachu (Pokemon)

9. Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon)

10. Rei Ayanami (Evangelion)

11. Shotaro Kaneda! (Akira)

12. L (Death Note)

13. Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)

14. D (Vampire Hunter D)

15. Arsene Lupin III (Lupin the Third)

16. Jubei Kibagami (Ninja Scroll)

17. Vash The Stampede (Trigun)

18. Light Yagami (Death Note)

19. Haruhi Suzumiya (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

20. Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)

21. Vegeta (Dragonball)

22. Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

23. Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)

24. Totoro (My Neighbor Totoro)

25. Shinji Ikari (Evnagelion)

No Alucard, No Seras Victoria, No Simon, No Revi etc. :hmm:

Edited by Dante
Opps

Pikachu in the top ten of a best character list?

They must be meaning something else because I can´t see how a giant rodent that can only say its name qualify´s as a "best" character in anything.

He umm...he has staying power. And when he cried in the first movie. Touching.

The only cool thing about Pikachu is that his seiyuu also does Konohamaru and Tony Tony Chopper.

Good start to series 2 of the Bloody Monday!

Amazing cliffhanger at the end to start it off :santa:

Think I'm going to avoid the anime of Fairy Tail, manga is too good to ruin!

Bloody Monday series 2?! YES!!!!!!!!!

I'm off to read it!

Update: I've just read it and I'm speechless! What a way to start the second series!

Ellmeister, I have to thank you once again for getting me into Bloody Monday, it really is fantastic!

Edited by Kav

Anyway I've also been watching Darker Than Black. I'm on episode 10. It's good and I'm enjoying it and everything but something doesn't click with me that takes it into AWESOME.

Out of all the characters you could chosen, you pick the joke character as your avatar. ::shrug:

Dragonball season 2 set has been shipped. I was hoping it was the Dragonbox, but apparently it's been pushed back a week. I still haven't watched the whole of my Season 1 set yet.

Have most people here given up on the Naruto anime? It used to be a popular topic, now nobody is bothered. Its been epic for the last few episodes and consistently great either side of the recent filler arc.

Sheeet, Jiraiya's arm, 6 Pains. He's blates gonna die. I don't want him to die

:weep:

On the other hand, I want to get back to a Naruto related storyline. And it can't just be all "grr, you killed Jiraiya, red eyes chasing you" a la the Deidera/Gaara bit.

Have most people here given up on the Naruto anime? It used to be a popular topic, now nobody is bothered. Its been epic for the last few episodes and consistently great either side of the recent filler arc.

Sheeet, Jiraiya's arm, 6 Pains. He's blates gonna die. I don't want him to die

:weep:

On the other hand, I want to get back to a Naruto related storyline. And it can't just be all "grr, you killed Jiraiya, red eyes chasing you" a la the Deidera/Gaara bit.

I still watch it and talk about it, problem is most people read the manga now.

The anime became great again since the Asuma arc, and currently I would say its as good as the chunin exam, opening et all (best one since Haruka Kanata).

*checks Taka-Fansubs*

Taka still hasn't released 132 :(

Taka still hasn't released 132 :(

HorribleSubs have, they get it out a couple of hours after it pops up on crunchyroll, and their subs are good.

I still watch it but I fear for manga spoilers so I don't post about it too often.

Enjoyed the last episode, the frog song was pretty awesome!

I decided to re-watch the start of Naruto again, so I've spent all night watching the first 20 episodes. The Zabuza/Haku arc never fails to reduce me to tears, it's so tragic! It really is heart-wrenching!

I've never known anything that manages to pull on the heart-strings like Naruto does!

Try One Piece. Almost every character has a backstory 100x more heartwrenchingly tragic and upsetting than Zabuza and Haku's fate. It's like Oda wrote the story thinking "who can I kill to make this story more upsetting? Ah screw it, I'll just kill everyone they've ever loved".

I don't find One Piece anywhere near as heartwrenching as Naruto, don't get me wrong, I love it but I don't find it has the same pull on me that for some reason Naruto does.

I feel like we've had this discussion before, but c'mon even Robin's backstory? Or the end of the Alabasta arc? Or the ultimate one:

The unexpected appearance of the Going Merry

In my eyes, the only really sad moment in Naruto is that one you mentioned, when Zabuza shows his emotions and their story concludes. There hasn't really been a moment as moving as that since it happened, every badguy ninja since then has been a solid and obvious cartoon villain, unwavering in their deep set 3vil ways. It's hard to be bothered by Sasuke's tragic past when its turned him into such a nonce. Sakura's love for Sasuke was always so utterly stupid and baseless (it was just a crush on a 'bad boy' that evolved further despite no returned feelings whatsoever) and Naruto's past would still be sad if it hadn't been brought up about 50 times.

Oh I just remembered Gaara's past though. Again that would be sadder if it hadn't turned him into a psycho.

I forgot there was no Naruto manga this week but while looking for it I stumbled across a topic about Code Geass. Im not a huge anime follower so I had never heard of it before but everyone in the topic was raving about it so I checked it out and now im hooked.

I think the whole story is fantastic as are the characters and I really find myself torn between who I want to win. Im on to the 2nd series at the moment ( episode 33 ) but it looks like it ends at episode 50, is this correct? I was hoping would be a long running series like DBZ or Naruto.

I was hoping would be a long running series like DBZ or Naruto.

Have you tried One Piece?

I tried years ago when it first started on Cartoon Network but I couldnt get into it.

The 4kids one is terrible, give either the FUNImation or Japanese dub ago.

I tried years ago when it first started on Cartoon Network but I couldnt get into it.

Ugh, I'm not surprised. The dubs made a massacre of it. The voices were awful, it was cut to ribbons to the point where cigarettes became lollies, guns became water pistols and killer darts became killer sucker pads. One of the main guys from the Marines is called "Smoker" and he goes everywhere with 2 cigars in his mouth, in the 4kids dub he just walked around everywhere with his mouth weirdly ajar and inexplicable smoke floating above his head. Not only that but they didn't even show it in order so the story didn't make sense!

As Ike says, try watching the Funimation uncut episodes or, ideally, subtitled :)

I may give it another go then although I have 10 episodes of Code Geass left to watch and then im starting Death Note. My mate has been raving about it for a while so it had better be good.

I may give it another go then although I have 10 episodes of Code Geass left to watch and then im starting Death Note. My mate has been raving about it for a while so it had better be good.

Death Note is better than anything... ANYTHING!