NEurope

I prefer the movie ending, also L is my favourite character

aswell. The reason Near and Mello got introduced was so they could beat Light since the creator wanted Light to lose and L couldn't win alone.

Also Near is the character I dislike the most.

aswell. The reason Near and Mello got introduced was so they could beat Light since the creator wanted Light to lose and L couldn't win alone.

Spoiler that I reckon, on the very off chance that someone in here hasn't seen it all yet.

Anyone fancy summarising the film's ending for me? I'm interested in these differences...

Un-quote me, it's been done :heh:

Also Mokongs summarised the ending in his post. Pretty much how it's different apart from the anime except the Yotsuba arc got replaced.

But as the film showed L could win alone, it just required some self sacrifice. The main thing that lead to L beating Light in the film was he knew Misa had become Kira again and managed to switch her Death Note (obviously inspired by the anime/manga and Near's ending, but here it works better). How the L in the anime after being so smart and and a step ahead did not do this is ridiculous.

And this this ending works much better since L wins by actually out smarting Light. Rather than Near getting very lucky. Had Mikami not gone and made the mistake of using his "hidden" Death Note too early, Near would have never known the one he switched the pages on was a fake. Pure dumb luck, where the focus of the series was who would "out-smart" the other first

Did you see the 3rd film also about L?

Different seeing as there's no Death Note but still very awesome. Get to see even more of L's character which was great. The actor who played L did an awesome job in all 3 films, capturing his character and becoming him much like Heath Ledger becoming Joker.

I've noticed I started eating more sweets and chocolates too lately, haha, and holding them like L does.... always took loads of sugar in my tea anyway so that didn't change. Not sitting like him though... yet, haha

Might try incorporate some L mannerisms into future Youtube vids, haha: peace:

Anyone fancy summarising the film's ending for me? I'm interested in these differences...

You'll get a rough idea from the spoiler boxes in my posts but you should try watch the films to truely enjoy the awesomeness

I wonder how long before Hollywood decides to butcher this one :shakehead:indeed::shakehead

But as the film showed L could win alone, it just required some self sacrifice. The main thing that lead to L beating Light in the film was he knew Misa had become Kira again and managed to switch her Death Note (obviously inspired by the anime/manga and Near's ending, but here it works better). How the L in the anime after being so smart and and a step ahead did not do this is ridiculous.

And this this ending works much better since L wins by actually out smarting Light. Rather than Near getting very lucky. Had Mikami not gone and made the mistake of using his "hidden" Death Note too early, Near would have never known the one he switched the pages on was a fake. Pure dumb luck, where the focus of the series was who would "out-smart" the other first

Did you see the 3rd film also about L?

Different seeing as there's no Death Note but still very awesome. Get to see even more of L's character which was great. The actor who played L did an awesome job in all 3 films, capturing his character and becoming him much like Heath Ledger becoming Joker.

I've noticed I started eating more sweets and chocolates too lately, haha, and holding them like L does.... always took loads of sugar in my tea anyway so that didn't change. Not sitting like him though... yet, haha

Might try incorporate some L mannerisms into future Youtube vids, haha: peace:

You'll get a rough idea from the spoiler boxes in my posts but you should try watch the films to truely enjoy the awesomeness

I wonder how long before Hollywood decides to butcher this one :shakehead:indeed::shakehead

Not seen it yet, i'm getting it on DVD when it's out. The first is out, second is in a couple of weeks and the 3rd is the start of next year, so i'll get it then.

Well the movies aren't really canon since the writers didn't make it and only wrote the manga and left the anime/movies to other folk. And the guy who wrote the manga wanted Light to die pathetically since he was building up his and not through his own mistakes, which what Mikami done. The 13th volume of the manga(enclopedia) has a load of answers about DeathNote :heh:

Also they're doing an American adaption of the movie(s)

Not seen it yet, i'm getting it on DVD when it's out. The first is out, second is in a couple of weeks and the 3rd is the start of next year, so i'll get it then.

Well the movies aren't really canon since the writers didn't make it and only wrote the manga and left the anime/movies to other folk. And the guy who wrote the manga wanted Light to die pathetically since he was building up his and not through his own mistakes, which what Mikami done. The 13th volume of the manga(enclopedia) has a load of answers about DeathNote

:heh:

Also they're doing an American adaption of the movie(s)

3rd film is on DVD 29/Dec according to play.com

Even though I've already seen them I am gonna get the DVDs (especially the special edition boxes that come with Death Note replicas, hahahaha), birthday is coming up in a few weeks so just waiting to see how much money i get from that haha

Damned Hollywood, I had a feeling they might be.

What is their problem with not wanting to mass market asian films?

Why does it have to be remade with American actors when the original films are already so awesome. :mad:

3rd film is on DVD 29/Dec according to play.com

Even though I've already seen them I am gonna get the DVDs (especially the special edition boxes that come with Death Note replicas, hahahaha), birthday is coming up in a few weeks so just waiting to see how much money i get from that haha

Damned Hollywood, I had a feeling they might be.

What is their problem with not wanting to mass market asian films?

Why does it have to be remade with American actors when the original films are already so awesome. :mad:

Cool, it does look the 29th, amazon has it for that aswell so there's credibility there. All 3 movies in the space of 5 odd months, awesome :heh: I think all the DeathNote movies are the special edition ones so far that is in the DeathNote replica. Haven't seen it with just the movie alone so far.

Hopefully you get enough for the movies, but make sure you still get Dawn of the New World :heh: I need another Lloyd & Sheena fan claiming they'll get together...

Well they like to ruin Japanese franchises by the looks of things, American-ising DeathNote, killed DBZ with the live action movie... Why...

About Death Note, everything was thought since the beginning, the Near and Mello ark where not fillers...

It's a lot of lessons in one, the Mangaka who was the writer of the story did say that in a interview (forgot where)

And i actually think that Light was clearly in advantage, in a normal match, L would won.

I mean...Light knows everything about the Death Note that L doesn't, and even knowing it, he has a lot of difficulties against L, who manages to discover almost everything.

L is clearly more intelligent than Light.

Also, i love Near and Mello, they rule so much.

All of that is makes me want to see the anime again and the movies, but only after I read the manga. I've never watched the movies. Maybe I should.

Also, IT'S OUT! (4 hours ago)

1222352362166rl6.jpg

This isn't the J-Drama thread, but man Akihabara@DEEP is awesome. I finished watching it a few days ago. The zombie episode, and the rival maid café episode were my favourites.

On the matter of Death Note, has anyone read Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases? I've got this book and have to say, it's awesome! It tells of the past case of Naomi Misora's where she works alongside L, it's a great read!

Also, I CANNOT WAIT FOR SEASON 2 OF GUNDAM 00!!!

Another J-Drama post... I just saw the first episode of My Boss My Hero. It's about this 27 year old Yakuza guy who isn't very smart. This is what prevents him from following in his father's footsteps and becoming the next Boss. That's why his father sends him back to high school, and he must graduate (which he never did) to become the next Boss. Awesomely funny. Here's my favourite scene from the first episode:

Just caught up on the last 3 eps of Naruto. Man... it's really poor. I'm so disappointed with the anime, I thought they were getting back on track but its back to ugly animation, 90% unfunny filler, slow moving nonsense.

D Gray-man ends next week and it gets replace with Bleach. :sad:

Yeah it's a shame, though the anime is really catching up to the manga and fillers are just horrid. Hmm, seems I might be wrong about the reason being lack of material.

I'm reading some mixed things, some say it;s due to low ratings/sales, others just saying lack of material. Is there an official reason?

Hell yeah, bitches:

One Piece owns Bleach and Naruto again, according to One Manga.

Anyways, HELL YEAH, WE FINALLY KNOW:

the seventh shichibukai, she's hot as hell, she looks kinda dangerous though, i hope that Luffy kicks her ass in this ark, that would be awesome.

And Ace is going to get executed in one week, poor guy...

Epicness awaits ^^

I hope it rumours of the reasons but the manga has been giving alot space for anime to fill in.

Like the graveyard and the ghost hand chess game in the manga.

I've been reading a lot of reports there and it seems that it just didn't get picked for a 3rd season since the manga is 22 odd chapters ahead which would make barely any anime. So it's going on a haitus so there will be more material and hopefully picked up later again at somepoint.

To many mixed views about it just now, need see if the final episode says anything.

Detroit Metal City Chapter 1 - 57 have appeared online on a manga site. :D

I've been reading a lot of reports there and it seems that it just didn't get picked for a 3rd season since the manga is 22 odd chapters ahead which would make barely any anime. So it's going on a haitus so there will be more material and hopefully picked up later again at somepoint.

Okay. I find it funny the anime staff were giving details to fill in that not appeared in the manga yet or giving details that were not shown in detail in manga.

I think it didn't get included since they were running thin on th number of episodes left to produce. It can't go further than 103 since that would involve getting a 3rd season license. If this arc finished a few episodes or so ago, they could of added some of that in.

Just ordered the Zelda manga and 4 volumes of Rave Master from Amazon. It's funny, when you pick anything but the free delivery, it will get sent straight away, apart from on a weekend, but as soon as you pick the free option, it gets sent a different day. It's as if they're trying to make you pick first class.

ive finished reading the 57 chapters of the manga Detroit Metal City online. :D

Sweet Lover / Satsugai (full versions)