NEurope

Some CLANNAD after story promotional stuff:

58822_yoshino_yusuke_122_518lo.jpg

The one I saw in Akiba, and I love it. The white text on the right says "Right, work. Let's go."

2008-09-01-113611.jpg

Lots of Nagisa. Why do you think she's wearing that dress?

1LCDV4PQM6_203_1024_768.jpg

That's Fuko's name on the board behind Tomoya, and you can see the Furu of "Furukawa" behind Tomoyo, but then we knew about that bit of writing already. The pink text says "If this place could exist without changing..."

nagisa-1.jpg

Nice simple one. Where could Nagisa be?

Clannad_Scans_Au_01_by_Rionie.jpg

I can't be bothered to translate everything (can't even read it in this quality, anyway), but the white text in the bottom corner says "Nothing beats this happy day to day life."

I'm looking forward to seeing the anime deal with after story, it should be great.

The guy started this horrible drawing fad of male characters should be shot.

The worst perpetrator in this is Zombie Loan, they look like their made out of twigs :blank:

That's pretty standard in shojos.

To make this post more worthwhile; Clannad After Story will start airing on 2nd October. If you didn't know. I didn't.

I'm looking forward to seeing the anime deal with after story, it should be great.

Aw, man, I cannot wait for After Story. I absolutely love Clannad. Currently re-watching it at the moment and it just seems even better than when I first watched it. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

You still have much to learn, not everything needs to be disclosed.

Grrr, i'l bust you some time trying to kill me.

I like the boy, at his age I used to have this stupid opinions and ideas, its only normal, although I was always discouraged by my parents and that if you have nothing good to say than you shut the fuck up or else... And even if you have something good to say, it's always a risk. So I wasn't nearly as vocal as Maase.

It is the Best Anime/Manga ever (for me anyway :P). And yes it gets increasingly better.

;________________;

Well, you didn't have a forum to speak shit when you had 14 years old like i do, so i rule, you don't ^^

I just started watching Death Note and it's awesome!! - I heard good reviews and thought it'd be to my taste but didn't expect it to be this fun :) I'm only 4 episodes in at the mo! - I like the character building they've done already with Ryuk, he's ace, and Light is such a stubborn kid. I liked the whole part where L tricked Light to kill him (but used someone else) to track him down and now someone's following Light and I don't know who?! I hope it stays this good!!

Get ready for more pwnage, miss!!!

But yeah, Death Note rulls a lot.

Okay, after finishing a rewatch of Clannad (:bowdown:), I'm thinking of watching Kanon and Air. The other Key adaptations that KyoAni have done.

Which one should I watch first? And, if you can, gizza link to them please.

Kthanxbai. :smile:

Never actually seen Air, but Kanon (2006, i.e. the KyoAni one) is mostly good in my opinion. Lots of people seem to think it's amazing, but I'm inclined to disagree.

Detroit Metal City is so awesome.

QFT, I've only watched a couple of episodes, but it is mega cool

Wasn't terribly impressed with bleach but it was a nice battle. Seemed somewhat repetitive. The arc better end soon.

The arc might end soon but the fillers will still go on way into next year, there's still barely any material, around 24 chapters, and half of that isn't even about the battle they left the anime at since the manga sort of went back in time for a little bit.

Also going through the FMA manga, didn't realise just how much I love it :heh:

The arc might end soon but the fillers will still go on way into next year, there's still barely any material, around 24 chapters, and half of that isn't even about the battle they left the anime at since the manga sort of went back in time for a little bit.

Also going through the FMA manga, didn't realise just how much I love it :heh:

Bugger it. :(

I've just watched Beck episode 1.

It was alright, although the video quality was really feckin' terrible. Sound out of sync, low-quality visual, low-quality sound etc. But I still thought the show itself is okay.

Ok, I've been watching fair amount of anime the past few days! :D

I caught up with Soul Eater right to episode 24! WOW! excellent, I enjoyed every minute and each episode from 20 just got better and better and there were so many awesome moments.

It was really weird to see Maka going insane Krona style which was really freakishly cool to see! :grin:

I loved the slight comic relief between Blair and the bunny rabbit woman transforming with the Fish. :p

Then we had Stein against Medusa which ended extremely well but I was like OH NOES medusa is dead. :( (as I'm on evils side in this show!)

But luckily she has just lost her legs! ^_____^

Then when I thought Black Star had stopped the Death God from being realeased I was like LAAAAAAAAME but fortunately that was also a Hallucination and I was like HELL YEEAAAAAAAAAH!That is so great it really suprised me that he was realeased.

That was odd as well having him wrapped in his own skin. o________0

And to top it all off you have the fight between him and Shinigami which was brilliant you see him in a completely different light and when he fights His voice and expression change and you realise that he is not just a goofy head of shibusen! also that was without a weapon I'd LOVE to see what he can do with a weapon.

There was so many twist and turns that I wasn't expecting I nearly exploded with two much excitement!!! :yay:

Then I also watched Xam'd lost Memories up to episode 9! Which is again excellent though I'm rather confused and excited where the story is going to go next. After all that I needed some brainles action so I watched Agent Aika which was pointlessly mental. Fun times. : peace:

And today I watched the 3rd episode of To Love Ru which was hilarious. :)

I have so much to watch its scary :P need to get around to finishing kurenai still, clannad ive seen to episode 6 or 7, sould eater ive only seen up to like 6 or 7 too. then ive downloaded xam'd too. vampire knight i need to finish although i only want to finish it since i started :P mobile suit gundam 00 i need to finish :P i keep starting these animes then getting distracted by something new and shiny lol

I've just watched Beck episode 1.

It was alright, although the video quality was really feckin' terrible. Sound out of sync, low-quality visual, low-quality sound etc. But I still thought the show itself is okay.

I advise you to get it in better quality :P

I´m up to episode 10 of Code Geass and just wow....

It´s like the bastard child of Death Note and Gundam 00 resulting when the episodes are trying to be serious it´s so bad that I can´t help but laugh at it and most of the main male characters look like they could be killed by a swift breeze.

Seriously, if your interested in developing an brain aneurysm you should watch this it´s so bad.

Not a clue what you're on about tbh :p. Onto R2 now and I'd say it's a good series.

I understand the Death Note comparison though, since the main character pretty much has the intelligent student persona and has big plans for the world, but that's where the similarity ends. Unlike Light, Lelouch isn't so clear cut in his personality (just going at justice like a mad townsperson with a pitchfork), which is why I kind of like the series. The mood of the show seems to change every few episodes, and things happen that I honestly couldn't predict.

Sure the characters are all awfully drawn (some sort of efeminate style) but I still think it's a pretty good series. :heh:

So yes, I watched Air... for KyoAni Key adaptions, my judgement is:

Kanon < Air < Clannad

So yes, I'd put Air in the "quite good" category. It had a few great moments, but I found it a little disjointed.

Memento's autumn 2008 anime list

Autumn 2008 Fansub Wiki

It has been two years since Majin Buu was defeated. Satan has become a hero for defeating Buu (the poster asks how this can be since everyone but the main character’s memories of Buu have been erased by Shenlong, but during the last chapter or so of DB, Videl or someone says that everyone remembers that Satan saved them, they just don’t remember from what. Though it seems that later reporters to explicitely mention Buu, which would be a plothole). Videl remembers the truth about those events, and seems to be embarrassed about her father. A gigantic hotel is built in commemoration of Satan, and is finally completed. Satan sends for Goku and the others who fought with him, and throws a party. Meanwhile, Goku, Chi Chi, Gohan, and Goten are making their living growing radishes (daikon, or “deekon”, as Nozawa calls them). Videl comes and asks Gohan to bring his family to the party. At first Goku doesn’t want to go, but he decides to when he hears that he will be able to eat rare food there.

Later, many jet fliers set off for the hotel, with Kame-sennin, No.18, Kuririn, etc, and they give Goku and family a lift. Piccolo doesn’t ride one though, but rather flies after them on his own. A group from Capsule Corporation arrives at the hotel first, and when Vegeta and Goku meet they soon get into a fight. But since the party is starting, Goku goes off to the assembly hall. Apart from Goku and family, Vegeta and family, and Kame-sennin’s group, the crowd includes Dende, Popo, Karin, Yajirobe, Chaozu, Oolong, Gyuumao, Kaio, Bubbles, Gregory, Kibito-shin, and Elder Kaioshin.

Despite the fact that there’s supposed to be no coverage of the party, members of the press appear and ask Satan questions about Buu’s defeat. As the Z Warriors are eating, two round spaceships lands on Earth. Piccolo and Gohan are the first to notice, then No.18, and then everyone stops eating and the atmosphere becomes tense.

From the two spaceships emerge a sharp-eyed Saiyan, and a small alien about 60 cm tall. Using his scouter to detect high battle powers, the Saiyan arrives at the party, and when he sees Vegeta he calls him “big brother”. The Z Warriors are all shocked by this sudden event. The Saiyan is named Table, and the other alien is his wife, named Grey. Vegeta says that Table was sent off to a remote planet because he had no talent for battle. It turns out that Table wants them to defeat Abo and Kado, who ravished his planet, and as the two of them have pursued him to Earth, Table begs Vegeta to save him.

But Goku says “Are they strong? I wanna fight them!”, Gohan wants to help as well, Goten and Trunks think it sounds interesting, Kuririn and Chaozu say they want to try as well, and finally even Kame-sennin wants to fight. Table measures the Z Warriors battle powers with his scouter, and says that they’ll be of no help since their battle powers are so low. But Vegeta scolds Table for relying on his scouter, and Goku gathers ki to show his power. The battle power reading on the scouter steadily increases, and it breaks as Goku goes Super Saiyan and then Super Saiyan 2 (with sparks and everything), making Table understand Goku’s power. Since it will be unfair to the weak people if everybody fights, Goku suggests they select a single representative to fight. Tenshinhan and Lunch aren’t present for this, but Kuririn’s daughter Marron is.

Goku teleports Goten, Trunks, Piccolo, Chaozu, Kuririn, Kame-sennin, Videl, Chi Chi, Bulma, Table, and Grey to Mount Paozu (meanwhile Satan, Fat Buu, Kibito-Shin, and Elder Kaioshin ignore Table and just go on drinking). At Mount Paozu, Goku suggests that they each draw a radish, and the person who draws the longest radish will be the representative. Goten draws out a very long radish, and it seems he will be the one to fight. This makes Vegeta very jealous, and he tells Trunks to pull out an even bigger radish. Pressured by Vegeta, Trunks pulls out a very thing but incredibly long radish, and becomes the representative.

Meanwhile, two round spaceships land on Earth, containing Abo and Kado. Pursuing Table, they come to Satan Hotel, and a panic erupts. Goku and the others soon return, and things clam down. It turns out Abo and Kado are remnants of Freeza’s army, who have taken control of Freeza's planets now that he is gone. Vegeta also knows about them, and says that they were supposed to rival the Ginyu Special-Squad. Table says that the two have become even stronger, and have now acquired so much power that they wouldn’t lose even to Freeza.

Goku loses his enthusiasm when he hears that they’re “only” at Freeza’s level, and decides that it’s OK for Trunks to fight them. With some difficulty, he also gets Vegeta’s permission for Goten to fight as well. At first Abo and Kado underestimate their child opponents, but Goten and Trunks clobber them and knock them into some boulders. Getting serious, Abo and Kado each split into three people, and toy with Goten and Trunks.

Trunks and Goten are completely unable to counterattack now that Abo and Kado have become six people. Vegeta advices them to sense their ki to locate the real Abo and Kado, but the two say that’s easier said than done. Gohan offers to help, but they turn him down. They settle on having Gohan merely tell them where the real Abo and Kado are. With Gohan’s accurate advice, Goten and Trunks drive Abo and Kado to the wall (incidentally, Goten and Trunks haven’t become Super Saiyans even once).

Cornered, Abo and Kado merge to become even stronger, becoming “Merged Aka” (a purple Dodoria?). Put on the defensive by Merged Aka’s attacks, Goten and Trunks try to use their secret weapon, Fusion, but since it’s been so long they fail the first time, and become fat Gotenks. The second time they succeed though, and Gotenks overwhelms Merged Aka, using Yamcha’s Rouga-Fuu-Fuu-Ken, Tenshinhan’s Haikyuuken, and to finish him off they use Satan’s Great Ultra something-or-another attack (the poster forgot the attack name), going Super Saiyan the moment they punch Merged Aka into a lake. It looks like the fight is over, but…

Merged Aka isn’t defeated, and having become enraged, he lets out a super destructive energy wave, firing from both hands and his mouth. It hits Gotenks and collapses the Satan Hotel. Aka next starts shooting energy bullet-type things out like a shotgun, damaging each part of the hotel one after the other (this technique is called the “Wahaha no Ha/Wahaha Wave”).

In order to protect his friends, Piccolo deflects each energy bullet with a Makankosappo. Kuririn uses a Kienzan to save No.18 and Marron as they’re about to be crushed by rubble (No.18 gives a satisfied smile). Yamcha protects Bulma from the falling rubble by repeatedly using the Sokidan, Yajirobe saves some people by slicing some rubble in half, and Kame-sennin protects a beautiful woman from the rubble.

Goku and Vegeta decide to finish off Aka. They argue over which one of them will get to defeat him, but Goku points away and goes “What’s that?!”, causing Vegeta to look away. With Vegeta distracted, Goku takes off for Aka, while Vegeta objects that that was dirty of Goku. Aka fires a Super Wahaha no Ha, and Goku counters with an extra large Kamehameha, then nails Aka with a punch that has all his heart and soul behind it (not the Dragon Fist, though).

As Aka is defeated and the battle is over, Videl tells her father that having his hotel smashed was a punishment from God [i guess Dende can be a bastard like that], but encourages him by saying she’ll help rebuild it. Goku also encourages him, saying it can just be rebuilt, and the party starts again amid the hotel rubble. But Vegeta gets mad when Goku eats his sushi, and eats Goku’s Char Siu in return. Angry, the two finally turn Super Saiyan and fight, as everyone else watches in amazement.

I advise you to get it in better quality :P

Do you know where I could? I'd like to watch more. :smile:

So yes, I watched Air... for KyoAni Key adaptions, my judgement is:

Kanon < Air < Clannad

So yes, I'd put Air in the "quite good" category. It had a few great moments, but I found it a little disjointed.

I read all the '<' the wrong way at first. I thought "WTF, Grunchy?", then realised my mistake. I'm a silly bitch. :blush:

Welp just Clannad and 00 season two's for me I think. I'll check out Yozakura Quartet but only because I like the character design from the eyes down but I'm not expecting much more than a haruhi knock off.

Clannad, Gundam 00 and maybe Tales of the Abyss for me. Good old Shinsen Subs and SS & Eclipse will do me I think.

Though since I had conclave for 00, might just go for them again, i'll see who's faster.

Just finished Kurenai, can't believe how something only 12 episodes long can be that good :) liked the ending too which is a surprise for me, endings normally dissapoint me :P

Just finished Kurenai, can't believe how something only 12 episodes long can be that good :) liked the ending too which is a surprise for me, endings normally dissapoint me :P

Awesome. I was looking at what the studio who made Kurenai was working on. (by the way they're also responsible for the excellent Baccano). Right now they're doing Natsume Yuujinchou which I watched the first episode of and thought was lame but I'll watch a few more eps of just to be sure. Then I checked what they were doing after and it seems it will be a show called Aikikan which I quote:

The story revolves around a typical high school boy named Kakeru Daichi and the can of melon juice soda that he bought from a vending machine. The can suddenly transforms into a beautiful but standoffish girl that Kakeru nicknames "Melon," and more "Akikan" ("empty can") girls appear. However, Akikan girls need to be infused with carbon dioxide from kissing to survive.

Oh dear. Wasted talent.

Just finished watching Death Note... if it wasn't for work and having to sleep i could have watched it all in one day. I was hooked, I would start watching and be up at 1am going..."hhmmmm just one more episode i have to see what happens"

Awesome stuff.

Also got the 2 live-action films.

The basic outline of the story follows closely the anime/manga, with a few alterations which work pretty well. Plus the actor from Battle Royal playing the lead was cool... he played him in a different way to how the character is portrayed in the anime/manga but was still awesome, and i thought helped the audience sympitise with him more.

They changed the ending in the 2nd film which I actually prefer to the ending in the anime/manga. And there is a 3rd film which is a spin-off centered around one of the other characters from Death Note... however if you've not seen the 1st two films, DO NOT look up info on the 3rd film as learning info about that could ruin the awesome ending of the 2nd film.

truely awesome series, it even had me acting like L for a while (still hold some objects like he does). L was my fav. You gotta watch the 2nd film again follows the anime closely but again with a few changes here and there, but they work so well.

I found it awesome how they managed to condense 20ish episodes (like 10 hours) of anime into two, 2 hour films and have it still flow so well. And seeing some scenes from the anime recreated in live-action was awesome (well actually vice-versa, i saw the films first, :heh:) and ones that changed still worked well.

Both versions I enjoyed immensely. But ending wise, I prefer the film to the anime. Prolly because I liked L and didn't really like Near. At the end of the anime...

I was actually hoping for Light to win and thought he would. Really Near only won because he got very lucky because Mikami got stupid. But in the films L wins because he did in fact out smart Light, even if it was at the cost of his own life. The final scene when Light (and the audience) thinks he won, then L appears and shows he wrote his own name in the book was awesome. I felt the whole Near arc in the anime (though I believe it was more fleshed out in the manga) was more like a filler to extend the show.