NEurope

Yeah proper awesome this weeks Bleach, seen it twice again already. What's cool is the scale of the fights already. Whole areas of the city are being leveled and we're only at Vice-captain level. I can't wait till some of the captain's fights begin.

So if you were to take a guess how many episodes away from catching up to the manga are we?

Yeah, not sure how many episodes I would guess it would take to catch up since I dunno how fast anime is moving and I can't remember everything that's happened, but there's a lot to get through. No signs of it finishing soon in the manga :heh:

So will it actually end? Does it have a planned finish point or will it just go on until people stop watching. I'm hoping the former.

The manga certainly doesn't look like stopping anytime soon, although as you know its concerning Aizen, so if they manage to pull it off or however it folds out, I'm not sure what will happen after since this has been a building story for what seems like the very beginning!

Fairy tail is sweeeeeeeet. Fighting isn't extremely great as it seems quite quick sometimes but then again its got some fun characters and the main guy really reminds me of Luffy of off One Piece.

A6872-11.jpg

luffy.jpg

Hmm.

Tbh, i can see an end in sight, when the battles over i think it'll end, no other enemies or whatever.

I can't, after this arc I still see more happening. Aizen is doing all this to get the Kings Key or something, so I can see that being the next 'area' to go to, so to speak. Meaning more powerups and fights etc.

I just want to say, Tetsuwan Birdy Decode has some of the most epic animation I've seen. The first season was better than the second, but the second did have some awesome moments. Especially the final fight scene you watch.

Hey guys I was wondering if you guys could reccomend me any anime feature length films of a certain style (I have a few Anime DVD', like Anime but dont take a regular interest in it) anyway I like films such as The Bourne Trillogy, Heat and The Shooter, you know the kind of stuff 'intelligent' political/cop/military action films and wonder if anyone could reccomend some Anime (the grittier the better) DVD's like this.

Of course it can be set in the future ;) . I have the apple seed film.

Edited by Pete

I'm thinking Ghost in the Shell and Akira?

I'm not really knowledgable on any anime movies so I wouldn't know too well.

Anyone watching Eden of the East?

Six Countries Unite to Make Live-Action, English Bubblegum Crisis Movie

Bubblegum Crisis is an anime series about women who are lingerie entrepreneurs by day, a rock band by night, and mega-armor-wearing hunters of evil Boomers by late night. Now it's going to be a movie.

And a very special movie it is. It will take the cult series from animation to live action, Japanese to English, and combine the financial resources of six nations: Japan, the UK, Australia, Singapore, Canada and China. The $30 million adventure will be shot in Australia, with a release date in 2012.

According to Hollywood Reporter:

The contract will make use of the Singapore-Australia, Australia-Canada, Canada-Singapore, China-Australia and China-Canada co-production treaties, potentially enabling the film to tap into soft money from the national governments and also qualify for mainland China release . . . Director and cast have yet to be decided. The spokesman said that "Crisis" will feature two male leads and a quartet of female action babes — two Caucasian and two Asian.

OK, fine, I guess I can accept these changes, though I think if they're going to change the ethnic composition of the group they should go all Star Trek and try to have representatives from several different cultures. I just hope that the girls' band is still going to be called Priss and the Replicants. Because that was just too awesome.

For the uninitiated, the original Bubblegum Crisis (not to be confused with prequel AD Police, or the late 1990s reboot of the series) takes place Megatokyo, a future version of Tokyo where a quake has destroyed the city. Synthetic creatures called Boomers, created for slave labor, have taken to breaking free and going rogue. Only the AD Police, including our heroines, can stop them! It's sort of like Charlie's Angels with cyborgs and seriously cool smart armor.

I'm thinking Ghost in the Shell and Akira?

I'm not really knowledgable on any anime movies so I wouldn't know too well.

Thanks for trying man.

I've been meaning to, simply because the OP is by Oasis. :blush:

>_>

I'm on Episode 22 of Gurren Lagann again. :D I'm loving it more the second time round. It remains as awesome as ever.

I've also started reading Fairy Tail. I'm on Chpater 10 thus far. I'm enjoying it immensly!

The story and characters feel so fleshed out and alive and it's only the beginning. I'm hooked. :grin:

Also watching Queen's Blade. Each season I wonder how far a show can take it's ecchiness. each new season I am shocked. :oSHOCKED!

The show is so ridiculous it makes me laugh!

Eden of the East is a damn good show. I dislike the OP song, but the animation used suits it well.

The story is different, it's a great show to watch week by week. It's one of those shows you really want to know what's going to happen, it's hard to see where anything is going. What I got from the latest episode is that this company is called Eden of the East, and the program they've made is damn cool. What they were talking about with NEETs I saw somewhere in there that this program would help Takizawa with his mission when he got the phone.

Speaking of the phone NEC are actually making them. And it looks damn fine. Shame phones made in Japan wouldn't work over here.

Coolness: Whose Queens blade subs are you watching. It's like everyone has dropped it because of it's ridiculousness.

Eden of the East is a damn good show. I dislike the OP song, but the animation used suits it well.

The story is different, it's a great show to watch week by week. It's one of those shows you really want to know what's going to happen, it's hard to see where anything is going. What I got from the latest episode is that this company is called Eden of the East, and the program they've made is damn cool. What they were talking about with NEETs I saw somewhere in there that this program would help Takizawa with his mission when he got the phone.

Speaking of the phone NEC are actually making them. And it looks damn fine. Shame phones made in Japan wouldn't work over here.

The phones that Saki and Akira have are real? :o

The Selecao phone history list. :hmm:

Edited by Dante

Coolness: Whose Queens blade subs are you watching. It's like everyone has dropped it because of it's ridiculousness.

I didn't know but I just checked it out for you it is Peruna Zing Subs. :)

They seem to have done episode 7 but I don't know whether they are continuing!

The phones that Saki and Akira have are real? :o

The Selecao history list.

Not Saki's, Akira's/ the Selecao phone:

http://www.nec-dp.co.jp/information/20090409.html

I didn't know but I just checked it out for you it is Peruna Zing Subs. :)

They seem to have done episode 7 but I don't know whether they are continuing!

Are they any good? The subs I've watched for that series have had extremely poor English.

Not Saki's, Akira's/ the Selecao phone:

http://www.nec-dp.co.jp/information/20090409.html

Are they any good? The subs I've watched for that series have had extremely poor English.

Yeah, I think so. :) Have you been reading subs with like spelling mistAks and ^____^, ^___- face's in? as those ones are either terrible or a joke!

I orginally watched the first episode Raw. Man that is a brain bender. I had no idea what was going on then that bunny girls breasts explode. :laughing:

That confused my mind so badly I don't think it has recovered.

Since Eden of the East is in America, do the american characters talk in english?

I was also the first time I saw a 9/11 terrorist attack reference in an anime. They even talk about the Freedom Tower. In which year is this anime set up?

Hey guys I was wondering if you guys could reccomend me any anime feature length films of a certain style (I have a few Anime DVD', like Anime but dont take a regular interest in it) anyway I like films such as The Bourne Trillogy, Heat and The Shooter, you know the kind of stuff 'intelligent' political/cop/military action films and wonder if anyone could reccomend some Anime (the grittier the better) DVD's like this.

Of course it can be set in the future ;) . I have the apple seed film.

intelligent+political+military+action+futuristic = Ghost in the Shell

Never watched it myself but I heard it's very good. Bit of a brainfuck though.

Since Eden of the East is in America, do the american characters talk in english?

I was also the first time I saw a 9/11 terrorist attack reference in an anime. They even talk about the Freedom Tower. In which year is this anime set up?

intelligent+political+military+action+futuristic = Ghost in the Shell

Never watched it myself but I heard it's very good. Bit of a brainfuck though.

Only the first ep is set in US and the anime is set in 2010.