NEurope

Vaguely on topic (and figured this is probably the best place for it): anyone used the Kana de Manga books? Contemplating picking up the ones for Hiragana & Katakana but heard both "they're great" and "they're a waste of money" and with nowhere near me stocking them I can't just paroose (sp?) them first.

I won't, feel free to ignore my post ;)

Succinct, polite, educated, without swearing, no constant use of internet memes and no "CAPSCLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!". Easily your best from the last string of posts.

Vaguely on topic (and figured this is probably the best place for it): anyone used the Kana de Manga books? Contemplating picking up the ones for Hiragana & Katakana but heard both "they're great" and "they're a waste of money" and with nowhere near me stocking them I can't just paroose (sp?) them first.

Are they to learn Hiragana and Katakana? I would have to go straight with 'waste of money'. I was tought both by a primary school teacher, her best method was the chants and telling me things like ち (chi) looks like a cheerleader jumping and コ (ko) looks like a coffee cup handle. Well, they looked more like them on her little doodles, which were supplemented with hats, and drawings of Pikachu and Hello Kitty. Man, Stage One Japanese was awesome. We also decided オ (o) looks like Jesus with a cape, which doesn't remind you of 'o' but somehow makes it easy to remember anyway.

My point is, you should never spend money to learn the kana, it's easy and just takes practice, print off some cards. Kanji on the other hand....

Kana books are a waste of money. There are plenty of good websites to learn kana with. Smart.fm is a cool learning tool.

Kanji is a dirty bitch, I really hate it :heh:

I fucking love it.

smart.fm is an extremely good tool to help learn. I've not used it in a while but It helped me practice all of the kana again. Plus learning new words and the kanji of that word is extremely good.

To further Shorty's point about kind of linking them with other things, I've always thought た to actually look like ta. み looks like a 4. つ looks like a tsunami/wave. The み one might not make sense but like Shorty said it works if you remember it.

I know the kana but learning the actual language is a lot more difficult.

a nice wall of text :heh:

Yeah, 25 episodes in just 2 days would be to much for me too. I usually see 3 or 4 episodes per day. It flows much better or I'll lose focus on the 5th one onwards or so.

Don't look much into the animesuki and such forums analysis. They're probably just going over-analytical over everything. Toradora is not that deep of a show that needs a PhD in sociology to be understood.

Minorin was a mixed bag to me. I liked the character sometimes but at other times she went a bit over the top more than she should. But yeah, it was sad for her in the end. As for Ami, yeah it was weird but she was the only character that knew everything that was going on and she tried to sort everything out by squeezing Minorin, perhaps with too much force, literally.

My favourite characters were the main ones because, as I said before, they were always there to help each other out and there was a nice feeling of complicity between them during the whole show.

And yup, I was scared in the last episode too, but when the last moments kicked in I was happy that it ended that way, though I wanted a bit more. But that's what the OVA is for. Let's just hope for it to be real because the novels have the material for it.

Are they to learn Hiragana and Katakana? I would have to go straight with 'waste of money'. I was tought both by a primary school teacher, her best method was the chants and telling me things like ち (chi) looks like a cheerleader jumping and コ (ko) looks like a coffee cup handle. Well, they looked more like them on her little doodles, which were supplemented with hats, and drawings of Pikachu and Hello Kitty. Man, Stage One Japanese was awesome. We also decided オ (o) looks like Jesus with a cape, which doesn't remind you of 'o' but somehow makes it easy to remember anyway.

My point is, you should never spend money to learn the kana, it's easy and just takes practice, print off some cards. Kanji on the other hand....

Mhm I would like something like mmmmmmetronics (or whatever the word for "remembering stuff through picture association" is) and I heard KdM does it, or similar so was trying to find the truth in words and rhymes and notes, and all the things I wish I'd wrote.

Was planning to print out cards and practice sheets and stuff. Not going to start learning (again) til summer when I can dedicate a whole day or two to it but had some time yesterday on my hands so spent it looking into this. Thanks :)

Kana books are a waste of money. There are plenty of good websites to learn kana with. Smart.fm is a cool learning tool.

Thanks for the link :)

Don't worry, I didn't forget about you.

So, were you fighting the germans in WW2?

1237496420081.jpg

strikewitchescharacterg.jpg

I wonder who finds all of these.

Blue_Ninja0! :heart:

Thanks for that. :grin:

I went onto Animesuki and into the Strike Witches thread, WOAH SO MUCH WRITING! I got lost as to what exactly they were discussing. :o

I've started reading the manga, see what that is like.

Will there be a Second Season?

I miss Gundam 00 already, last episode was epic. Movie should be interesting but that's so long away :heh:

FMA, DBK and Hayate should keep me occupied for a while anyway. Though might rewatch Gundam 00 again, there's little bits of information in the series that will contribute to the movie.

I got my copy of the 4th Zelda volume today (Oracle of Season). I had no idea it was out this month, so I was surprised to see the shipping notification e-mail yesterday.

Sengoku bassara comes out today. I'm actualy interested in this one. Never played on the game but the anime doesn't look that bad

Will there be a Second Season?

Well, can't answer that. I didn't watch it and I'm not well informed on it, but AFAIK there hasn't been a word about it.

I've been re-watching the Freeza saga, gonna be so funny to see that stripped down :heh:

I've been re-watching the Freeza saga, gonna be so funny to see that stripped down :heh:

yeah it might actualy take 5 mins for namek to explode instead of 3 friggin hours

and ive just watched the 1st ep of asura cryin, which is quite good

Edited by ssj

You mean almost 20 friggin episodes!

Wow, Radditz is already dead in the 4th episode? This is going to be really fast. Nice!

Word is that Haruhi's second season will probably air in between or after the reair of the 1st season, in which, after all their lies, I don't believe.

And speaking of KyoAni, K-ON started airing with the diabetes inducing moe overdoses and nice smooth animation to be expected from them. Here's the OP and ED:

Won't watch until further proof of confirmed awesomeness.

Edited by Blue_Ninja0

Word is that Haruhi's second season will probably air in between or after the reair of the 1st season, in which, after all their lies, I don't believe.

And speaking of KyoAni, K-ON started airing with the diabetes inducing moe overdoses and nice smooth animation to be expected from them. Here's the OP and ED:

Won't watch until further proof of confirmed awesomeness.

I read that about Haruhi yesterday. It seemed too god to be true, especially being a little past April Fools. If it's true then awesome, I guess I'll watch it.

K-ON has already been subbed which was quick. Hopefully it's not a troll but I'm looking forward to it.