NEurope

What? I don't get what you mean with that.

What's a jump fodder? Are you addressing the right guy? lol

Shonen Jump, its easy to read, sells etc, c'mon, you read bakuman like me ;)

???????????????????????

I'm completely oblivious to what you're saying.

I discuss on how One Piece gets a lot better later, and I didn't like the first chapters.

And you say its easy to read and sells well?

Sorry, I'm kinda dumb, I don't get where you're going

I've read the later bits of it, the bits where it gets better, but i don't see it, just bigger battles..sometimes, and oda doesn't really seem to know whats going on, just keeping the plot plodding along nicely, i mean can you see an end in sight?

and it reads easily, brain doesn't have to think too hard etc.

Did you read the bits without reading behind?

*Facepalm*

I'l explain to you then why I consider it a little different (altough it is 80% like you said)

[Fanboy]

Attention, altough I can feel it, I explain it badly, but I'l try anyways:

Every single island in the world interligates in one big story, the world of One Piece is always moving, without the need of the Straw Hats being closer to them, things evolve, there's not only "past" and "present" for the other characters besides the main characters, there's the entire life, the entire life that gives them that personality, we get to see them changing, we get to see something beyond the "LOL, I'M MEAN, I HAVE MY OWN REASONS TO FIGHT, AND I'M FUCKING BADDASS", no...

We also get to see actually fight-based evolution instead of "LOL, POWERUP" that's so usual in Shonen's.

Its not "I lost against this idiot, so I'l pull a move out of my ass that will certainly defeat him, only to be useless later", the characters use moves according to the situation and use their own personality in fighting.

Ex: Zoro's a man with honor, he doesn't like attacking the back, being attacked in the back, saying the adversary cheated, etc", he always gets the attacks when he knows that he has no other way to avoid them unless he cheats.

He has some special rules against one girl that seems like a old friend of him, he also is used to 3 Swords, and when he loses one of them, he gets far weaker, which changes his fighting style to the according situation.

Another (and better) example is Sanji:

He likes to use his feet, and doesn't like to use knifes or things like that.

However, when fighting with a food man, he used his Cooking abilities to cut the entire food (in a comical way) and to later use his kicks.

He's also a pervert who likes to respect ladies, so he does not attack ladies, be it his adversary or not. He only uses defense against them. The case gets worse if they are children/grannies AND EVEN WORSE if the woman is beautiful.

Another thing I love in One Piece is the storytelling by Oda, not only does he have everything planned, foreshadowing things (some fans noticed that most of the things that happened later in One Piece were foreshadowed before, which is why there sites just to analyze every possible information trying to foreshadow anything), and One Piece is so unpredictable due to the crazy, sometimes silly but awesome and baddass storytelling by Oda.

Sure, you won't experience the battles due to many reasons if you go to the bits instead of watching the entire show:

First, you won't see the foreshadowing, and have those "BRILLIANT" moments when you see the foreshadowing Oda made (some of it is obvious, another of it is not).

Also, you won't feel the characters changing and having battle evolutions if you just go to the most awesome parts of the battle, without knowing their personality and feels over each other, their past, etc.

Also, you won't have the feelings we, the ones who read the entire story, have, such as: "OH MY FUCKING GOD, THAT FUCKING PIRATE WAS THE ONE WHO WAS ABLE TO SLICE SHANKS, WHO IS ONE OF THE 4 EMPERORS OF THE NEW WORLD, ALSO, HE WAS THE ONE WHO HELPED LUFFY BE A PIRATE, ALSO, HE WAS A PIRATE FROM GOL D ROGER, ALSO, GOL D ROGER HAS A FIRST MATE WHO (I'l stop here due to spoilers)", that is important to feel the big world of One Piece, in which you see every character is interligated.

To end, you won't feel the battle if you just go to the bits, you have to watch the entire ark (as you said "latter bits", it doesn't seem you did see the entire ark), you have to feel the characters suffering, the villain using them, the entire emotional power, the dreams that were shattered in the past due to that villain or friend/father from the Villain, you won't feel the emotional battle as you go all "FUCK HIM, LUFFY", you also won't feel the screams from Luffy going through your spine (specially in the Anime, due to the great voice actor) and you won't see the Villain getting fucking defeated in a baddass and awesome way, while feeling the entire City/Island/Country/Ocean/World feeling better after the big battle.

Basically, you see bits and expect to like it, failling miserably.

I'm not saying that you'l love One Piece, or that One Piece is the best, or that One Piece is fucking awesome (Altough it is :P), I'm just saying that it gets a lot better, and you can't judge it unless you actually saw the entire thing, because you won't feel the slight things that make the entire experience Worthwhile

[/Fanboy]

I don't know why I wrote that shit, no one will read it, but whatever.

Anyways, kudos for you to read Bakuman, that manga is AWESOME

Edit: He's right, Shino, it is made for idiots like me, but its also made for guys who want a fucking great experience (like me, too)

How can you people right so much.

Skipping to the edit, I meant no offence I like one piece too, and I only watched the first 25 eps (I've also watched stuff further ahead on tv).

Gosh, did I write that much' Didn't even notice, it was almost as if my fingers were tipping for me.

Well, Shino, it seemed like a Offence to all the One Piece fans, sorry for the Edit, then

So....

Next Haruhi airs in April.

Where did you read that?

Because if it is true then I love you and everything.

If it´s not true I will love everything except you.

Well since It was a Snow Day I decided to get lots of Anime watched.

I watched Soul Eater Episoes 41 and 42 And also 12 Episodes of One Piece which takes me up to Episode 20 now!

I've made a small dent only another 377 episodes to go! :grin:

Soul Eater continues to be awesome and it is all ending in about 10 episodes so I'm wandering where they are going to take this as there appears to be a lot they have to wrap up. Do I trust Bones to do the right thing?

Probably. :) I'll have to get reading the manga afterwards!

I love the fact I've made a small dent in this series now as it is always off putting how long it is! But still what I've seen so far is awesome! :D I'll be watching some more tomorrow.

Also on the Weekend I watched Soul EAter Episode 40 and the first two Episodes of RideBack.

Ride Back is pretty cool, beautifully animated I have to say but I am unsure just what kind of anime it is trying to be. Still it is only 12 episodes long so I'll go along for the Ride.

YAY! :yay:

As much as I love the Soul Eater anime, I find the story in the manga a lot better. I deffinitely recommend it! The anime is still pretty awesome though! :grin:

Shorty, for god's sake, start reading the manga :P

Also, prepare for a big surprise on who Duval is (unless you were already spoiled), he's someone you saw before.

Yeah I guessed since they're hiding his face :heh: been trying to figure out who it might be. Don't tell me! I'm thinking maybe that iron jaw guy right from the start, or Don Krieg, but nobody gave Krieg a scar.... Shh!

As for reading the manga, why? If I read the manga I'll be caught up in a matter of hours, then I'll have the same problem - needing more than the weekly fix. Except with the manga chapters I'll be getting even less each week. Plus I find a lot of the humour in the characters voices, and really prefer animation over images. If I switch over I'll be what, one maybe two arcs further on, but I'll still be in the same situation. I'm happy with the anime :D

So....

Next Haruhi airs in April.

Where did you get this information?

Tell me!!

I read it on other websites, only just read it on ann now.

Also suzumiya haruhi chan manga. I think a group will be scanlating that. I also think that raws for it should be floating around somewhere aswell.

Apart from that ya'll should read the TTGL Gakuen manga. Chapter 4 had a massive watermelon fight. What's not to like?

Maase, you didn't even answer mah question!!! Mind you, you kinda did, oda, unpredictable, you say foreshadowing but half the time it feels like he potshots the characters "oh why not use x for x" or "lets bring back x" eg.. buggy :P

Anywhose if you like this obscenely big world thats taken 500 chapters to create and can be destroyed (something about a gate? i can't remember, they diviate so quickely from things) in one meh your call.

read fma

Oda has everything planned in the story, its pretty obvious that every single Ark is important for the future.

Example: It was important for Ace to give him that paper to Luffy in Alabasta and to see the evolution of the paper in Thriller Bark, reason why this ark is going on.

Also, they wanted to go on Fishamn Island for a long time, but at that time it was a peaceful, now that they get there, because of the last war, it will be a mess.

Everything was planned by Oda, in fact, he has the entire story planned, every character.

The only things that are off of his mind is the actual design of the characters.

Everything we now saw until now was planned, because Oda thought it would only take 2,5 Years to make this (Yes, he doesn't know shit about the time it takes to do a manga, but it was his first serialization)

And the world can't be destroyed by one gate in one chapter, wtf are you talking about?

And I shall read FMA soon...

It's not the new series after all, just a re-broadcast of the first series...

picard-facepalm.jpg

kyongo4.gif

Another moment of false hope, quashed again.

Yep, I'm pretty miffed. So much so, I made two posts to show it.

yay for Japaneses animators that likes to hold popular animes for long times. :sad:

I've been looking around and I need some help.

Has anyone else seen Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka?

If so please, please, would you explain the ending to me. I'm extremely confused. If what I'm thinking is right

Junichi loves his sister in a boyfriend/girlfriend type way and not a brother/sister type way. That's so... shit. Saying he can't live without her and whatnot.

He loves his sister that way but then doesn't love the nicest looking girl in the anime that way. I really thought this was a good anime. Now I'm just annoyed.

Me too!

2809371ru3.gif

(Hey, no offense guys! :heh:)

I was going to scream bullshit because they have teased about it dozens of times before and some things were blatant lies, but luckily I saw all the facepalming first.

But it's incredible how much they're delaying this. And now KyoAni is producing that new series (was it K-ON?) that will probably delay it even more. How many eps are there for them to finish Clannad? Will they animate the other after stories, if there are any?

I've been looking around and I need some help.

Has anyone else seen Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka?

If so please, please, would you explain the ending to me. I'm extremely confused. If what I'm thinking is right

Junichi loves his sister in a boyfriend/girlfriend type way and not a brother/sister type way. That's so... shit. Saying he can't live without her and whatnot.

He loves his sister that way but then doesn't love the nicest looking girl in the anime that way. I really thought this was a good anime. Now I'm just annoyed.

I thought it was a deep love of they cant live with out each other not a boyfriend girlfriend way

All this talk made me start wathcing The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya for the first time.