NEurope

Japan's Weekly Anime TV Rankings

The top ten anime series on TV in Japan for the week of August 18th - August 24th are as follows:

1. Sazae-san

2. Chibi Maruko-chan

3. Death Note Rewrite 2: L's Successors (What!? :confused: )

4. Crayon Shin-chan

5. Doraemon

6. Gegege no Kitarou

7. One Piece

8. Pokemon: Diamond & Pearl

9. Atashi'n chi

10. Keroro Gunsou

Japan's Weekly Manga Rankings

The top ten manga in Japan for the week of August 26th - September 1st are as follows:

1. Fullmetal Alchemist, Volume 20

2. Yotsuba&!, Volume 8

3. Koukou Debut, Volume 12

4. Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu, Volume 12

5. Nodame Cantabile, Volume 21

6. Bokutachi wa Shitteshimatta, Volume 4

7. Switch Girl!!, Volume 6

8. Uwasa no Midori-kun!!, Volume 9

9. Dragon Quest Saga: Emblem of Roto ~Monshou o Tsugu-mono-tachi e~, Volume 7

10. Rozen Maiden Shinsou-ban, Volume 5

Um, whats with deathnote?

Death Note Rewrite 2: L o Tsugu Mono (Death Note: Rewrite 2: L's Successors) special on August 22. Like the first special, this new compilation will summarize a part of the 2006-2007 television anime series.

Eh why? :indeed::confused:

Damn this Naruto episode was awesome it really got me pumped ^^
Ehh you got my hopes up, I thought it was boring :heh: There was no sense of progress in the waterfall stuff, it just went from splish splash to done.

What the... im speechless...

Did they die? Such a crushing defeat, i feel sorry for them, the "I could not save one nakama" was so BAWWWWWWWWW

Hey, wow! Dante, I just noticed you have Xam'd as your sig :yay:

Im playing catchup, watched 4 episodes thus far, it's so good!

Hey, wow! Dante, I just noticed you have Xam'd as your sig :yay:

Im playing catchup, watched 4 episodes thus far, it's so good!

i even had avatar of the logo :)

The opening scene has become Lord Genome's past story. Kid Lord Genome indeed looks like Nia

-The Chouginga Razengan that appears in the past story

-The first half is basically the same as the TV version. Certain places were skipped.

-Episodes 4-6 are shown as sort of a reminiscence of meeting the Black Siblings, Rossiu, Gimmy, and Darry

-Yoko has original scenes added into places such as staying up all night studying, and a scene taking from the footage of the early OP

-To make up for there not being much of episodes 9-10, Simon's broken state is given a stronger impression and Nia’s loveliness is completely reanimated to make her look wiser, more innocent, more kind, and more… well, lovely

-Nia introduces herself to the Dai-Gurren-dan on her own as the "Helix King's First Princess Nia"

-After which Simon gives Nia a horrible glare (Nia goes to apologizes to him, and asks him to kill her if he truly hates her that much, he ends up crying on her chest)

-Adiane, Guame, and Cytomander all attack together

-Nia's strength is emphasized, not only when dealing with Simon and Yoko but also she stands against the entire army all by herself and demands an audience with Guame

-Viral rides a new mecha called "Daiganzandu". It's a Enkidu-like Daiganzan.

-Simon climbs up Shuzack to rescue Nia

-Starting with King Kittan DX, all of the second string Gunmen pilots are given a stronger impression

-Yoko VS Adiane

-The Four Generals' battleships combine. Viral takes Thymilph's place.

-To fight against them, Simon and Nia use, with the help of the entire Dai-Gurren-Dan, "Giga Drill Break Special" and crush the Four Generals

-Yoko rides a Gunmen named Yoko M Tank for a little while. It's a pink Dayakkaiser.

-Nia stands in front of Kamina's grave, talks to him about Simon. It’s probably the best new scene of the movie, the 2channer that wrote this review was crying.

-Movie ends with Teppelin being revealed as a giant Ganmen

iup683926ds7.jpg

wowow, what's this.

Lucky Star OVA out September 26th.

Awesome.

Has this already been posted?

shit. I've gone and spoiled Code geass 22 for myself twice in a row.

Code Geass is getting so weird each time an episode passes.

I hope they make everything clear in the last episode

Code Geass is getting so weird each time an episode passes.

I hope they make everything clear in the last episode

I have it on hold to watch, but it's supposed to be great, or so I've heard.

Its great, don't get me wrong, but its very confusing, a complete Mindfuck, specially in this last episodes, even though i have a theory for what's happening.

Ah man, I just had a FullMetalAlchemist binge over the last few days and read all of the manga online. Now I've got as far as they've got and I have to wait for it to be translated and scanned etc. ARGH! I can't cope, I've become obsessed. I loved the anime but the manga is unreal, it's awesome

Gurren Laggen Parallel Works #7 - Libera Me From Hell

:blank:

next week is Gurren Laggen Parallel Works #8 - 'Get fired up, all of you!' and is the story of Lord Genome's past. :D

Ah man, I just had a FullMetalAlchemist binge over the last few days and read all of the manga online. Now I've got as far as they've got and I have to wait for it to be translated and scanned etc. ARGH! I can't cope, I've become obsessed. I loved the anime but the manga is unreal, it's awesome

Yeh, it's a shame it takes so long for the next books to come out (I buy the books which are a collection of 4 chapters, so it takes ages to come out). :/

Okay so I took a bit of a break from anime but now I'm back and pumped for more animated goodness.

I started watching Xam'd this morning the first two episodes and was immediately hooked it has this eureka 7 vibe about it (I know Bones) while being completely different and the animation style is superb. :grin:

The story is excellent thsu far and takes a slightly different turn than I was expecting from this type of anime. I'm impressed.

Though I took a break from anime I've still been reading the manga and The Gurren Lagann manga recommended to me by Stefkov is great stuff. :D

Gurren Laggen Parallel Works #7 - Libera Me From Hell

:blank:

next week is Gurren Laggen Parallel Works #8 - 'Get fired up, all of you!' and is the story of Lord Genome's past. :D

You gotta be shitting me... Gainax just took a dump in my monitor.

I preordered my copy of dbz season 6 ( The cell games) Yesterday and its already been shipped. Its not even out till next tuesday

I preordered my copy of dbz season 6 ( The cell games) Yesterday and its already been shipped. Its not even out till next tuesday

My copy of of DBZ movies 3 and 4 shipped last Thursday and it's not out until the 16th.