NEurope

Is the manga the same story as the anime? or a completely different story? :)

Same story. There's little bits added in to link people with other people.

How Dayakka met Kiyoh. In the last part of the anime they were suddenly married and expecting a child.

In the manga it shows how they met beforehand. They changed the meeting of Kamina and crew with Kittan and his sisters.

They met just out and about if I remember, in the manga it changed.

In the anime Kamina was killing the animals for eats and meets Viral and fights him. But in the manga Kamina meets Kittan there aswell.

I've had Gurren for ages and i've watched maybe 5 episodes :heh:

Does it get better? Thought it was kinda meh just now since it seems stand alone episodes just with everyone trying to reach that base. Still want to watch the rest though since it seems it might pick up and only heard good things.

It's not that it gets better or that the story picks up, it picks you up and makes you better.

Same story. There's little bits added in to link people with other people.

How Dayakka met Kiyoh. In the last part of the anime they were suddenly married and expecting a child.

In the manga it shows how they met beforehand. They changed the meeting of Kamina and crew with Kittan and his sisters.

They met just out and about if I remember, in the manga it changed.

In the anime Kamina was killing the animals for eats and meets Viral and fights him. But in the manga Kamina meets Kittan there aswell.

Okay! Great, thanks! :grin:

I'm going to start reading the manga so I can get more of Gurren Lagann. :D

and still get on with other anime. :p

"I feel sick." I love Evangelion

seriously though I really do feel ill

Okay! Great, thanks! :grin:

I'm going to start reading the manga so I can get more of Gurren Lagann. :D

and still get on with other anime. :p

You won't regret it. The manga is great. Although the releases are a bit long apart it's still good.

I've had Gurren for ages and i've watched maybe 5 episodes :heh:

Does it get better? Thought it was kinda meh just now since it seems stand alone episodes just with everyone trying to reach that base. Still want to watch the rest though since it seems it might pick up and only heard good things.

I am in exactly the same boat. You know what the problem is, for me? Over-hype. People keep going on and on about it so you expect every moment from the word go to blow you away. I'm sure it gets better but so far, my expectations have been so high that I haven't felt totally into it.

I am in exactly the same boat. You know what the problem is, for me? Over-hype. People keep going on and on about it so you expect every moment from the word go to blow you away. I'm sure it gets better but so far, my expectations have been so high that I haven't felt totally into it.

Over-hype? There's no way one could over-hype

gurrenlagann1pi2.jpg

I just saw the 13 minute long Detroit Metal City OVA. It was awesome. This needs a full fledged anime series. There's also live action movie coming out one of these days, I'll be checking that out for sure.

No Weekly Shonen Jump this week? How will i survive without One Piece? :nono:

I HATE THEM!!!

Yeah i'm with you here. I think because of reading impressions people kept making out that the series was great and awesome and say how great it is but just don't think it stands out too much just now.

Over-hype? There's no way one could over-hype
gurrenlagann1pi2.jpg

I don't see what's so great about it yet :heh:

Just want to say:

TTGL actually doesn't appeal to me at all, I'll probably not watch it soon like I intended...or ever.

Saw Episode 25, 36 and 37 of Death Note again, and my reactions still are the same:

L'S death:

1 - ???

2 - Ahahahah, L is doing some trick.

3 - Wait a minute, is that... Is he... Having a Heart Attack?

4 - No... It can't be... NO... ARE YOU GOING TO DIE?

5 - SHIT, AT LEAST KNOW THAT LIGHT IS THE KIRA, DAMNIT!

6 - SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!

Light's Death:

1 - ...

2 - He's going to do some trick, for sure.

3 - Near busted him...

4 - AHAHAHAHA, HERE, YOU SUCKER!!! TAKE THAT, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!

5 - AHAHAHAHAH, JUSTICE, EH? YOU GOT BUSTED!!!

6 - Well, its a shame he wasn't busted by L, tough :'(

Has anyone bought Yen Plus magazine yet? It's the second English manga anthology I'm aware of after Jump, and it's pretty good. They're running stuff like Sumomo Momomomomomomomo and Soul Eater. It seems like it's gonna be a pretty good mag, and it's less than the price of two Simpsons Comics, for about 20 times as many pages :-p

Saw Episode 25, 36 and 37 of Death Note again, and my reactions still are the same:

L'S death:

1 - ???

2 - Ahahahah, L is doing some trick.

3 - Wait a minute, is that... Is he... Having a Heart Attack?

4 - No... It can't be... NO... ARE YOU GOING TO DIE?

5 - SHIT, AT LEAST KNOW THAT LIGHT IS THE KIRA, DAMNIT!

6 - SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!

Light's Death:

1 - ...

2 - He's going to do some trick, for sure.

3 - Near busted him...

4 - AHAHAHAHA, HERE, YOU SUCKER!!! TAKE THAT, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!

5 - AHAHAHAHAH, JUSTICE, EH? YOU GOT BUSTED!!!

6 - Well, its a shame he wasn't busted by L, tough :'(

Some form of answer.

L knows that Light is Kira when he dies.

Some form of answer.

L knows that Light is Kira when he dies.

He actually knew before the happening, the reason why he didn't arrest him was because he was his only friend, you can notice that in Episode 25 (not only), he gave many hints, the best one was the "Well, i guess this is the farewell".

Its a shame, but in the end, at least he died with 2 friends, a shame again, he's so cool, and the only friends he can manage to have are the ones who want to kill him :\

According to my friend, in the manga there's not indication that L knows at all, is this true?

According to my friend, in the manga there's not indication that L knows at all, is this true?

As L's dying, he thinks "Light! I knew it! i wasn't wrong! but..." and then dies

I believe the great Clue isn't there, but there are still a lot of other clues around there, at least that's what they told me, i don't want to check out :heh:

Edit: Oh, really, DomJcg? Well, that's an even greater clue than the other, xD

Just finished Berserker.

The last episode is truly disturbing..... very very disturbing.

Just finished Berserker.

The last episode is truly disturbing..... very very disturbing.

Berserker? Is that another anime or do you mean Berserk...because I'm sure you were watching that too. If it's Berserk then yeh the last episode is truly disturbing, but at the same time made me want to find out what happened so I got a load of the manga.

Yeah I meant that.

It has also raised my interests in buying more of the manga because the ending of the episodes dosen´t make any sense...

I believe the great Clue isn't there, but there are still a lot of other clues around there, at least that's what they told me, i don't want to check out :heh:

Edit: Oh, really, DomJcg? Well, that's an even greater clue than the other, xD

There's not much indication in the manga that L sees Light as his friend compared to the anime since some of the scenes from the anime didn't happen in the manga, like L and Light out in the rain, drying each other etc.

Though I like to think that L and Kira were enemies but Lawliet and Light were friends.

Yes, that scene was a "Filler Scene", but it pretty much simplified what L VS Kira is all about... And there is in fact a clue, i saw it:

Only that in my translation it says:

"So... it was him... i knew it... i just couldn't..."

Yeah I meant that.

It has also raised my interests in buying more of the manga because the ending of the episodes dosen´t make any sense...

Same with me but I just read up on it. Berserk has been going so many years and it's still going I don't think I want to collect the manga.

To anyone who knows, what's the 'order' of GITS? On the back of the 2nd GIG boxset it says 'After the Laughing man incident...' but when I was reading I'm sure I read that that movie was a different timeline.