NEurope

God damn the acting in the Lovely Complex live action is horrific. It's hilarious.

got the death note movie through the post today

the packagings great

Ah right, thought you said you pre-ordered it along aith volume 2 of DN a while ago.

Packaging is pretty nice isn't it. I've watched all the second disk with the extras, just not the movie yet :heh:

yeah Im gonna watch the english dub tonight, the extras tomorrow and the jap version over the weekend

People should watch 'Xam'd: Lost Memories'.

It seems to have Nausicaa, E7, Cowboy Bebop & Evangelion feel to it. :)

Plot

Sentan Island is a small island surrounded by the Yuden Sea. It exists in a state of dreamlike tranquility, cut off from the war between the Northern Government and the Southern Continent Free Zone. Akiyuki Takehara lives on Sentain Island along with his mother Fusa, He is currently separated from his father, the town doctor Ryuzo, but the bond between father and son remains. One day, after taking Ryuzo the lunch that Fusa has made for him as usual, Akiyuki is caught up in an explosion along with his friends, Haru and Furuichi. The explosion produces a mysterious light which enters Akiyuki's arm, causing him excruciating pain. He's given no time to understand it, however, as the white-haired girl who rode on the bus with him guides him to a power unlike anything he's ever known. He transforms into a creature called Xam'd, and his rampage is only stopped when a red-haired foreign girl appears and threatens to turn him to stone if he doesn't go with her.

3xg4.gif

So I watched NGE Death and Rebirth, although I have a suspicion I didn't watch Rebirth, and End of Evangelion last night.

I thought at first Shinji was a whiny moaning little emo, then after a bit of reading took that statement back. Now after watching EoE I need to say Shinji is the most annoying whiny little emo I have ever seen in an anime, topping Simon from GL.

When he jacks off over Asuka's body...sick bastard.

I'll probably be told it's all about the psychological stuff in it but I was put off a lot of the time by his moaning.

Just watched the death note movie. Its awesome

I thought they did an english dub of it with the english anime voice actors?

I actualy wouldnt mind watching sonic X jap again. The fight with final hazard was pure awesomness. It even had live and learn playing. Then 4-Kids did the idiotic thing and removed it

Live and Learn plays in the end? I'll have to watch that episode just for that!

So I watched NGE Death and Rebirth, although I have a suspicion I didn't watch Rebirth, and End of Evangelion last night.

I thought at first Shinji was a whiny moaning little emo, then after a bit of reading took that statement back. Now after watching EoE I need to say Shinji is the most annoying whiny little emo I have ever seen in an anime, topping Simon from GL.

When he jacks off over Asuka's body...sick bastard.

I'll probably be told it's all about the psychological stuff in it but I was put off a lot of the time by his moaning.

As a 14 year old you would had probably committed suicide considering the circumstances. lol But yeah, probably the biggest whiner I've seen in any anime. I've heard he's got a little bit more of a spine in the manga.

The moment he turned to a comatose Asuka for help, you know he had just hit the rock bottom. He was mentally dead in the movie.

Also, best dub ever is the portuguese Dragon Ball. It doesn't get better than this.

With a cast of 10 or so drunken voice actors to hundreds of characters, you know it's going to be good.

Also, best dub ever is the portuguese Dragon Ball. It doesn't get better than this.

With a cast of 10 or so drunken voice actors to hundreds of characters, you know it's going to be good.

And from those voice actors, only 4 or 5 were men.

Among voice distorters and (seemingly) drunken lines, we have a true one-of-a-kind dub.

badabadabada...

Ok I've been away and I'm probably a bit slow with this but Xamdou is going to be, by far the best show (probably the only good show) of the season and very likely to recieve my next not very prestigious 10/10.

Top quality animation, characters move with personality, character design, although similar to BONES's other shows is good and the characters all look quite distinctive. The setting is quite good as well, I get a "howl's moving castle" vibe The show has a eureka seven feel as dante pointed out and will probably be another great half "coming of age" and half mecha show.

Seriously, watch this, the first episode should be enough to get you.

And mildly related to the dub topic, does anyone know if any shows implemented the kurenai method of recording first and animating off the audio, it's probably the biggest advancement in the quality of anime's ever. :-/

Oh, other shows I watched over the holiday.

Outlaw Star Ok, a bit like guerren lagaan but less epic and not as good in general. Main actor's VA wasn't very suited I found. On the plus side it did have an episode which left me greatly disturbed without using any gore.

Higurashi This has been on my "too watch" list for ages, I didn't really know anything about it, after watching the first epiosode i was thinking "this isn't great". The character design and polish in particular but it gets awesome for the batshit insanity. Still only in first season, near the end.

Yeah XAM'D: LOST MEMORIES looks awesome :)

The op song and end song are great.

The op reminds me of Cowboy Bebop and E7.

The end song

Here the old trailer for it.

And from those voice actors, only 4 or 5 were men.

Among voice distorters and (seemingly) drunken lines, we have a true one-of-a-kind dub.

badabadabada...

Desagrada-me saber que algumas das minhas células vivem nessa carcaça velha.

Ok I've been away and I'm probably a bit slow with this but Xamdou is going to be, by far the best show (probably the only good show) of the season and very likely to recieve my next not very prestigious 10/10.

Top quality animation, characters move with personality, character design, although similar to BONES's other shows is good and the characters all look quite distinctive. The setting is quite good as well, I get a "howl's moving castle" vibe The show has a eureka seven feel as dante pointed out and will probably be another great half "coming of age" and half mecha show.

Decided to check it out and I think it'll turn out good, with it being Bones aswell I know that it'll be pretty good. The animation is top notch, the expressive actions, etc. Can't find any info on it though.

Desagrada-me saber que algumas das minhas células vivem nessa carcaça velha.

LOL Here we go again! Não me faças rir que tenho cieiro.

We better stop, really.:heh:

Decided to check it out and I think it'll turn out good, with it being Bones aswell I know that it'll be pretty good. The animation is top notch, the expressive actions, etc. Can't find any info on it though.

Info from AniDB:

Akiyuki, the main character of the animated series, lives on Sentan Island, a land that has preserved its status as a free and peaceful island in a world consumed by fighting between the Northern and Southern Governments. All of this changes when Akiyuki boards a bus along with a mysterious white-haired girl who transforms his arm with the lost memories and power of Xam'd.

As Xam'd, Akiyuki goes on a rampage and is saved when a foreign girl with red hair named "Nakiami" calms him down, taking him back to her postal vessel. Akiyuki now must gain control of his powers and use them against the Northern Government's latest weapons, known as "Humanforms". Travelling the world on a postal vessel, Akiyuki hopes to return home one day, but until then he befriends other passengers on the boat.

EDIT: After seeing Xamdou's trailer, I think I have to watch it.

And mildly related to the dub topic, does anyone know if any shows implemented the kurenai method of recording first and animating off the audio, it's probably the biggest advancement in the quality of anime's ever. :-/

Nope. But it should be a standard. Makes much more sense to do it that way. Feels more natural.

Good stuff. Cheers the ninja of blue zeros.

On the topic of Kurenai I think the process of doing the animation after the voice actors have done their roles, which was really good, should be combined with the animation of Xamdo/Xam'd. Combining those two with a good story aswell...maaan.

After watching the Eva movie, I went back in this thread to check the discussion, I remember reading, if it was a sequal or retelling.

I thought the sea, with it being red, was LCL. When Shinji stopped the Third impact he released everyone as the LCL.

The start of it I was expecting to see what happened at the end of EoE, with Shinji and Asuka alone. I thought it was at first with Shinji on the phone with no-one else around, but then it was just the start of the series again.

With Kaworu on the moon speaking as if he'd met Shinji already made me think it's in another time line or history is just repeating itself.

The face of Lilith was different in the movie compared to the series, which struck me as odd when those big Seele slab thing appeared. The design on the slabs had changed aswell but this time they had the 7(?) eyes that the Lilith had in the series. So why doesn't the face have those eyes anymore?

Just a load of rambling.

After watching all of this and reading up some things on wiki I can actually see why this is a great series. It doesn't stop Shinji being annoying though.

I started whatching Xam'd and it's really good the story seems solid and the animation is great.

They turned some cool fillers into the most disgusting piece of shit ever. Seriously, I'm gonna pretend this never happened. It's just so over 9000 (in a bad way) that they can't even retcon it. And the art, animation and fights? What the hell

anyone know when the new dragonball anime special is coming out in japan yet?

BELIEVE

Also, mandatory Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann bumping.

Also, mandatory Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann bumping.

Your constant talk of this show made me watch it and:

I love it.