NEurope

Gurren Lagann Parallel Works 3 - Boing vs Boing

Gainax are starting to fuck me off. Forget this Gurren Lagann side project shit until you finish both movies and any spare animation team members get put to the Rebuild of Evangelion project pronto.

But the two movies are just the series squeezed down into movie form.

With new stuff and a lot of recylced flicks from the anime so they won't need such a big team.

That video was shit though.

But the two movies are just the series squeezed down into movie form.

With new stuff and a lot of recylced flicks from the anime so they won't need such a big team.

That video was shit though.

Very true, but the series was epic, so I will allow the movies, despite the cheap recycled footage that there may be.

However Rebuild 2.0 still isnt in fucking sight. The ending to Rebuild 1.0 has had me awaiting the sequel for ages, no way is Rebuild a remake of Evangelion, it has to be a sequel.

What do you mean? Rebuild 1-3 are remakes of the series and rebuild 4 is going to be a new conclusion to the story.

What do you mean? Rebuild 1-3 are remakes of the series and rebuild 4 is going to be a new conclusion to the story.

Have you watched Rebuild 1 yet? The beginning is a dead giveaway it could be a sequel.

The water is literally red. This however could be a different scar left by the second impact. However, the likelyhood changes when Kaworu wakes up on the freaking moon in a coffin with a huge straight line of blood, which is similar to the one created at the end of EoE when Rei's throat is slashed during the third impact.

Have you guys read the manga or watched Death and Rebirth?

When I watched 1.0 I didn't feel like I was seeing anything new :/

I think the red water was just a reflection from the sun, possibly foreshadowing the end?

You could be right! But I'll be surprised :heh:

Have you guys read the manga or watched Death and Rebirth?

When I watched 1.0 I didn't feel like I was seeing anything new :/

I think the red water was just a reflection from the sun, possibly foreshadowing the end?

Own all ze manga (No Kaworu on moon) I'm pretty sure I've watched Death and Rebirth, dont recall Kaworu on the moon.

You could be right about the red water being the reflection of the sun however.

There's a lot of differences in the Manga as well such as Kaworu's early arrival and crueler personality as well as Shinji's preference of Rei.

I think it's a safe bet in saying the anime, manga and the Rebuild movies are in different continuities/realities.

There's a lot of differences in the Manga as well such as Kaworu's early arrival and crueler personality as well as Shinji's preference of Rei.

I think it's a safe bet in saying the anime, manga and the Rebuild movies are in different continuities/realities.

Very true, except the manga lately seems to be a black and white picture book of EoE =\

Well, I suppose they're just different things the writers wanted to make and well, since there is a manga, the anime, the "cleaned up" anime, death & rebirth and EoE, I don't mind if things are different.

Just finished Ergo Proxy and it was amazing. There's a few questions to ask when it ended but overall the animation and story was great. Some parts the drawings weren't so good, eyes looked wierd and Re-L's eye makeup was constantly changing.

What to watch next...

Just finished Ergo Proxy and it was amazing. There's a few questions to ask when it ended but overall the animation and story was great. Some parts the drawings weren't so good, eyes looked wierd and Re-L's eye makeup was constantly changing.

What to watch next...

KIDOU SENSHI GUNDAMUUUUUU

GUNDAMU

Srsly, Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 or 00.

Aint there loads of Gundam anime or am I thinking it like that and there isn't? When I watch the anime I kinda wanna go from start to end, either in story order or the year it was made order.

I guess I'll check wiki on that matter.

Aint there loads of Gundam anime or am I thinking it like that and there isn't? When I watch the anime I kinda wanna go from start to end, either in story order or the year it was made order.

I guess I'll check wiki on that matter.

There many series of Gundam.

Each one has its own seperate story and time line however, and some of them are shit *cough*seed*cough*.

If you do however want to give it a try, I'd recommend either 00 or Wing. Trouble is with Wing, despite the awesome story line, the recycled footage pisses fans off to no end so it may not be a good idea.

0079 is the very first one, started in 1979. Its good as far as I've seen, but there are apparently very stupid fillers.

I'll give 00 a try then. Getting it now so to speak.

I do like my mecha anime.

You could be right about the red water being the reflection of the sun however.

No... sorry but this is no Sun reflection! The water is bloody red.

redwater1vd9.jpg

redwater2fm7.jpg

And it's definitely not a remake. As Shino said, even the 1st movie was already too different from the original story.

Anno said it was a retelling. Let's call it that. Or milking if you must:heh: but I definitely loved the movie.

Anno said it was a retelling. Let's call it that. Or milking if you must:heh: but I definitely loved the movie.

Agree'd on milking. All in favour?

I personally prefer the manga story, so much different, Rei actually has character growth and need I say the whole hold my hand story melted my heart and the sadness I felt when she says "I must be the third one" in the manga was awesome.

Volume 11 is out in november, better slam down a pre-order, it has an awesome cover. (It also has Gendou physically swallowing Adam)

Liar. LIES! volume 12 isn't even out in Japan yet. :heh:

Haha, its actually planned to end at 13 (or so the majority of Evageeks forums have told me)

But I own all that are currently released by Viz. Except 10 isnt first edition like the others :blank:

Isn't that just a stylisation or something? If the water was literally blood red, why wouldn't the characters question it? How exactly do you explain it being a sequel anyway, considering the end of EoE?

Isn't that just a stylisation or something? If the water was literally blood red, why wouldn't the characters question it? How exactly do you explain it being a sequel anyway, considering the end of EoE?

Well presuming it was infact a sequel and the world had been rebord, the red water would of been there to begin with hence why nobody questions it as its always been there.

But like I previous said, the world has been reborn some how if it is a sequel. Maybe, I'm no good with these theories but it makes sense to me.

The most probable is that the water got red during the 2nd impact. If so, it has been red for 14 years, why would they only question the color now?

I don't consider it a sequel. I consider it a retelling, but there's definitely lot's of clues that point it could be a sequel. Most notably the strike of blood on the Moon and Kaoru speaking as if he was not meeting Shinji for the first time.

Anyway, Ramiel was fucking sex!

Geass Fans

I need your views, who else bawwed at this scene? (Its just the music of the scene, so spoiler free for fans who havent got that far yet)