NEurope

So, I watched most of School Days today, to finish it off. Nice ending, but I have to say the show has the most unpleasant cast I have ever come across. I haven't been as angry at a fictional (or come to that, a real) person as much as Itou Makoto for a long, long time. And the rest of the cast are hardly better. Out of the 12 characters listed on wikipedia (i.e. those that are in the anime), only Katsura Kokoro and and Nanami Kanroji are not horrible people. Just 2 out of 12! And they're only very minor characters...

Supergrunch that's kind of the point :P It's a really intense anime, sometimes I remember it and it weirds me out

Supergrunch that's kind of the point :P It's a really intense anime, sometimes I remember it and it weirds me out

Heheh, I think the effect is worse if you watch all the episodes back to back. It started getting ridiculous after a while. :heh:

Just finished watching Gungrave. I recommend it to anyone who wants a good story.

But I'll start with the negative: I don't get why they even bothered with keeping some of the cheesy character designs from the game. Fortunately, the director was wise enough to cut that out for 90% of the show. Yasuhiro Nightow (Trigun) is a genious for writing a story like this, but what was going through his mind when he designed some "aspects" (let's call them that) of the characters, I will never know! Especially since character design from Trigun is such a beauty to look at. I mean, some of the desings are just... ugh...

The later action scenes suck (with one or two exceptions) and were completely uneccessary if they hadn't introduced the plot's biggest flaw, wich is the fucking "necro-rise" wich just seems out of context all time. It's like, there's no place for Zombies in Mafia stories!

The production wasn't very high, but I don't really care about that, it's more than watchable.

Now, the good stuff

The weaving of the story is magnificent. It's a rise & fall Mafia story about two friends, with a fantastic pace in storytelling. The big reward here is character development. Every single main character is just superbly crafted and stunnigly involving. I absolutely loved the primary story. (there are somethings about the secondary story wich I don't really like... I mean... Zombies? What the fuck?)

The soundtrack is pretty great. Tsuneo Imahori (same composer from Trigun) shows his worth, it's not as good as Trigun's, but it's still pretty darn good. He's a mamber of The Seatbelts, after all.

The character design. It may be one of the major flaws when it sucks (wich is like 10% of the show), but the other 90% are definetely a thumbs up. Nothing revolutionary, but they're all pretty to look at.

Anyway there's lots more to say, but I won't say it, so... I'll just rate it:

Episodes 02 to 16 and 24, 25, 26 get a 9.5 from me. The other episodes are important in developing the story, but the action is mostly unnecessary way too over-the-top crap and the "Superiors" suck.

So overall

8/10.

I recommend it to everyone, despite some of it's dumb flaws, the story itself is worth the watch, just so you know the tale of Brandon Heat (now that's a fucking cheesy name).

I was just thinking about getting some of Excel Saga as it always seems to be an anime that people talk about recommend. Is it really that good and would you guys also recommend it?

If you like FLCL, 2x2 Shinobuden and other random anime, then WATCH IT WATCH IT WATCH IT WATCH IT.

If you like shonen style anime or stories (anime for guys where good guys fight bad guys with special abilities etc) then yes, it's right up there with the best of them.

Plus then you'll know where my sig and avatar are from.

If you like shonen style anime or stories (anime for guys where good guys fight bad guys with special abilities etc) then yes, it's right up there with the best of them.

Plus then you'll know where my sig and avatar are from.

Alright then, I'll have a shufty at Bleach. :awesome:

Started watching Bleach again. Watched 110 to 112 so far. Downloads are taking ages. But it's been so long since i've watched any episodes and it was good watching it again.

New Naruto was as boring as last week really. Same old I hate you Sai. We can't work as a team etc.

Just building up to what I hope will be a good episode.

New Bleach is keeping at the standards I'm used to.

That's why I rate Bleach higher than Naruto.

Does anyone know some good sites to import some DVDs from, in particular I'm looking for One Piece Movie 8 (FUNImation dub).

I've seen rightstuf.com, who seem pretty decent but they want to send some form of ID first, which I'd rather not do. They also seem a little iffy about shipping. Do you need to sign for the package if you live in the UK?

Right I watched the first episode of Excel Saga and kind of found it a bit wacky again so im gonna leave that one for now.

Just got the first episodes of Gasaraki and Claymore

Anyone have any opinions on those two?

Right I watched the first episode of Excel Saga and kind of found it a bit wacky again so im gonna leave that one for now.

Just got the first episodes of Gasaraki and Claymore

Anyone have any opinions on those two?

Claymore is great Gasaraki not as good but still worth watching.

Claymore is alright, I liked it. I read it strays away from the manga near the end though.

For anyone who hasen't seen it yet, go and check out "Dragonaut: The Resonance" its up to episode 10 so far, and its made of pure win.

I haven't watched any new Anime in awhile (Apart from the usual Bleach/Naruto weekly fix) and this is a breath of fresh air, its just so damn good!

Well, even though I'm only as far as episode 12, I can say this already.

Mushishi is the best anime ever made. I no longer have Serial Experiments Lain as my favourite anime.

It's simply that good.

For anyone who hasen't seen it yet, go and check out "Dragonaut: The Resonance" its up to episode 10 so far, and its made of pure win.

I haven't watched any new Anime in awhile (Apart from the usual Bleach/Naruto weekly fix) and this is a breath of fresh air, its just so damn good!

Just getting the first episode now

Mushishi is the best anime ever made. I no longer have Serial Experiments Lain as my favourite anime.

It's simply that good.

PAY UP BITCH.

It's simply that good.

Just wondering where you might be acquiring this from?

Just wondering where you might be acquiring this from?

I got it from Mininova. Complete series bla bla bla. Seriously, do it! : peace:

It's simply that good.

I see there is a lack of Gurren Lagann in your library of watched anime.

Nonetheless, you who mentioned Hayate no Gotoku, whoever you may be: Thank you, you have just saved my Christmas. That's how good it is.

I've just watched Bleach Ep1 on YouTube, and I like what I've seen so far.

I'll keep with it, and look for more episodes. :smile: