NEurope

I've made a huge mistake.

I wanted to say I HATE the stupid idea. Not HAVE.

One fucking letter.

I mean C'MON!

Regarding big animes like naruto, one piece, bleach or dragon ball, i always get the idea that people prefer the anime more because it usually follows the manga plot pretty closely with the exception of some filler here and there.

But on other smaller series, from what ive read, they always cut the good stuff, get some filler stories in the middle that don't have jack to do with the main story and usually just soften up everything so the kids don't go crying to their moms or something. Mangas are usually more harsh in various ways IMO, and i thing that's a good thing.

I've made a huge mistake.

I wanted to say I HATE the stupid idea. Not HAVE.

One fucking letter.

I mean C'MON!

It doesn't matter, it's still stupid.

Regarding big animes like naruto, one piece, bleach or dragon ball, i always get the idea that people prefer the anime more because it usually follows the manga plot pretty closely with the exception of some filler here and there.

But on other smaller series, from what ive read, they always cut the good stuff, get some filler stories in the middle that don't have jack to do with the main story and usually just soften up everything so the kids don't go crying to their moms or something. Mangas are usually more harsh in various ways IMO, and i thing that's a good thing.

Whilst ignoring the obvious advantages animation has over single frame pictures...... :-/ In Naruto for example it's sometimes really quite hard to work out what Kishimoto intended to be going on. Anime (usually) clears this up.

Oh and one of the most important things imo that watching anime brings is music/sound which I think enhances the atmosphere too much to miss out on really. =P

It's similar to those who prefere books over movies.... There is no real right or wrong imo.

Oh and people who prefere manga tend to prefere manga when it comes to big series as well.. Anime draws stuff out a lot and a lot of people generally prefere the art in manga.....

Whilst ignoring the obvious advantages animation has over single frame pictures...... :-/ In Naruto for example it's sometimes really quite hard to work out what Kishimoto intended to be going on. Anime (usually) clears this up.

I found that to be the case with for a lot of my mates who hadn't seen the anime, for those who had we had to explain what was going on. The whole music point you made is another reason that anime's tend to have a bit more atmosphere at least over the manga.

Also on a side note just wanted to see if anyone knew or heard when the next Tales of Symphonia episode is out.

Oh and one of the most important things imo that watching anime brings is music/sound which I think enhances the atmosphere too much to miss out on really. =P

I agree with you wholly :) Although probably even more so on your first point, because I actually find manga quite hard to follow. One of the worst I've had for that was the battles in Trigun. I honestly couldn't follow it most of the time.

A lot of the time people just stick with what they started on. If you start a series on the manga some people get a bit elitist and think they're better than the anime fans.

As for music/sfx, definitely with you on that point. Most shonen wouldn't be the same without their epic soundtracks. Voices too! Using Bleach as an example, I didn't get the same chilling feeling from "BAN KAI" without a voice behind it :)

Got lots of Anime downloading at the moment and now to pass time, i'm gonna watch the Bleach movie.Oh how i've missed it.And your comments is making me look forward to it.

I agree with you wholly :) Although probably even more so on your first point, because I actually find manga quite hard to follow. One of the worst I've had for that was the battles in Trigun. I honestly couldn't follow it most of the time.

A lot of the time people just stick with what they started on. If you start a series on the manga some people get a bit elitist and think they're better than the anime fans.

As for music/sfx, definitely with you on that point. Most shonen wouldn't be the same without their epic soundtracks. Voices too! Using Bleach as an example, I didn't get the same chilling feeling from "BAN KAI" without a voice behind it :)

The first paragraph I agree with. I read the FLCL manga and it was really hard to follow. It was just a load of lines and such. It looked good but half the time it was so hard to see what was happening.

I've read the manga ta :) The anime is funnier. And
Gear Second and Jet Gatling

were infinitely better animated

The Water 7/Enies lobby arcs were amazing IMO. Opening 8 which will be airing next month.

My suit cost $5000.

Ah I was thinking the reference would go unnoticed. : peace:

The first paragraph I agree with. I read the FLCL manga and it was really hard to follow. It was just a load of lines and such. It looked good but half the time it was so hard to see what was happening.

In the case of FLCL, does it really matter if you can follow it or not?

In the case of FLCL, does it really matter if you can follow it or not?

It actually has some story in there.

But the manga is VERY different from the anime, they're not exactly the same story.

It actually has some story in there.

But the manga is VERY different from the anime, they're not exactly the same story.

I know the manga has a story, infact I've read the first volume. But what I tried to imply was that the story is so incoherent that it wouldn't matter whether you got it or not.

Just watched the Bleach movie.Pretty good though at the last fight the enemies kinda got power capped but that was expected though so the Shinigami could win.

Good movie and lot's of fight scenes.

I know the manga has a story, infact I've read the first volume. But what I tried to imply was that the story is so incoherent that it wouldn't matter whether you got it or not.

That's my point. It's not incoherent. It's certainly not the best story ever, the focus is comedy, but it does has a story.

Turns out I have more episodes of Eureka Seven left than I thought.I thought I had 12 left but now I have 16 left...

Which is great :D

Turns out I have more episodes of Eureka Seven left than I thought.I thought I had 12 left but now I have 16 left...

Which is great :D

Lol, thats good news enjoy. :grin:

I only have 10 left, i don't want it to end and so i haven't made an effort to watch the last few. :D

I really should!

Turns out I have the first 30 on DVD up to Volume 7.I've still to get volume 8 which is out and volume 9 which is out now or soon aswell so that's up to episode 38 and that will be atleast 4 episodes I haven't seen.

Dammit now i'm thikning about waiting for the DVDs again T_T

Don't wait for the DVDs. Watch them now. It's a great series you can't just watch every week.

I watched in less than 2 weeks I think.

I watched 25 within a week and almost all of it within two weeks then stopped watching it. At the moment i'm watching a lot of Bleach in my spare time. :D

In case anyone was wondering what the, well frankly brilliant song that plays over the ending credits in the bleach movie is, its "Sen no Yoru wo Akete" by Aqua Timez, who also do the current opening song (Alones) for the bleach series.

3 more episodes of Claymore left. Just got to wait for them to be released.

It's getting even better at the end, the sound effects just sound great aswell.