NEurope

Just thought I kick off an anime thread. All stuff anime related, fav anime new releases, where to buy etc etc.

Who has watched Samurai Chamloo yet ?

Its great, I really enjoyed it. Just finished watching Gantz which was average.

The review in Neo said it was great but I was dissapointed.

Finished Smaurai Champloo a long time ago. Great serie.

And Im curently watching: Get Backers, Hellsing, GunGrave, Bleach and Naruto

Watching Bleach at the moment, It's REALLY addictive.

Can somebody tell me what's so good about Naruto? I can't really get into it though i've only seen 3 episodes - I don't understand why it's so popular at the moment.

Currently watching One Piece (220 eps to go till I'm up-to-date, but I'm looking forward to watching them, not the feeling I had when told how many Naruto's there were), FMP, Chobits (still gotta finish that :happy: ), Onegai Teacher.

Going to start Elfen Lied and Chrno Crusade later :)

I watched Porco Rosso for the second time last night. Awsome film. and I've also pre-ordered the Howl's Moving Castle with Ghibli shorts and CD boxset for £34. Is any here going to see Howl's Moving Castle when it comes out next week?

Is any here going to see Howl's Moving Castle when it comes out next week?

Seen it in the movie theatre in Antwerp :p

Currently Watching:

Ichigo 100% OVA's

46078.jpg

Initial D - 4th Stage

post-22-1082297539.jpg

Full Metal Panic - The Second Raid

sign%20full%20metal%20panic%20the%20second%20raid.jpg

Soon to be watching:

Mai Otome (Sequal to Mai HiME)

http://www.my-zhime.net/ (No pics out yet >.>)

I have only started watching a few months back so I have been watching the most popular (Bebop, Champloo, Akira etc). I used to watch Robotech as a kid and loved. Bought the boxed set and started getting into anime.

Anyone recommend a series with a good story and decent animation ?

I have only started watching a few months back so I have been watching the most popular (Bebop, Champloo, Akira etc). I used to watch Robotech as a kid and loved. Bought the boxed set and started getting into anime.

Anyone recommend a series with a good story and decent animation ?

Recommended -

Mai HiME is fantastic it'll be out here within the next few months... really cut and badly dubbed. I saw the first episode, its quite terrible. Mai HiME is basically by the director of Bebop. I can't recommend it enough, it starts off light and comedic and ends up SUPER dark with quite a few nice plot twists. Memorable characters and plot lines too.

Up to ep. 12 on Samurai Champloo, tis most excellent.Up to ep 109 on Naruto which is also great. Bleach looks good but I have only seen 5 or 6 eps. I have read the manga of FMA which is great too, want ot but vol. 3 but amazon is sold out.

Mai Hime is indeed fantastic, but the ending is absolute crap. FMA is brilliant, and the ending made me feel so... soft and dunno, it's hard to describe. It's easily one of my fav series. Gotta watch the movie, but haven't found it yet.

Watching Bleach at the moment, It's REALLY addictive.

Can somebody tell me what's so good about Naruto? I can't really get into it though i've only seen 3 episodes - I don't understand why it's so popular at the moment.

thats the problem, youve only seen 3 episodes. Watch more episodes and see if you like it then.

The beginning is nothing compared to the stuff that happens later on.

Got 3 more eps to watch of FMA, just watched Initial D 1st Stage, about to start on the 2nd Stage. Somewhere in the middle of Mai HiME (really need to get the rest of that).

Last night i watched Princess Mononoke.

Everything i've watched has been bloody fantastic.

Fake Edit: Oh, and i've watched the first ep of Prince of Tennis, and the first few of the Zelda series ^_^

I watch Naruto atm.. :3

I know there are a lot of people who talk about Narutards and stuff like that, but I don't really care, as long as I like the series.

I'm currently watching Elfen Lied passingly.

For any real otaku here who fancy importing or torrenting, I'd suggest the following anime:

-Kare Kano (otherwise known as His and Her Circumstances - interestingly the main character's voice in the dubbed DVD version is done by the girl who played Ash in the Western version of Pokemon, but she's much better here, not least because she's not having to pretend to be a preteen lad...)

-Ranma 1/2 series... not as fun as the manga though.

-I, My, Me! Strawberry Eggs! (Fantastic anime featuring schoolgirls, crossdressers and a cute lil' doggie).

-Ai Yori Aoshi (Stunning)

-Mahoraba: Heartful Days (funny and cute... well worth a look)

Some of these might already be out here, released when I wasn't looking, but I'd still heartedly reccommend them. I can't be doing with all this fighting anime like Naruto though. I prefer more comedy/romance type anime.

I am grabbing Mai Hime at the moment, thanks to those that suggested it.

Also is Triggan any good ? I have heard mixed opions about it.

I'm currently watching:

Yakitate Japan - It's about Bread..yet it's the best Anime 've seen n ages I love it

Maho Sensei Negima - Stalling n Ep 23, Anime Council are a littel slow at the moment with personal things in the way, but i'm waiting as everyone else is.

Futakoi Alternative - Brilliant OP, I like the story, a alternate to Futakoi that I jsut finished watching about a Town that is famed for the Twins that are born and raised there.

Shuffle - From the Hentai game of the same name (But no hentai in it only echhi stuff) But it's a good one, same with Futakoi a brilliant OP

Tsubusa Chronicles - The Clamp Anime, some say it's a load of Crap..I like it, has Charcters from all the Clamp animes, always nice to see one you know pop up as a side character.

Suzuka - About a Boy who fals in love with a High jumper girl, she rejects him yet he carries on to gain her love, joins the track team to get closer to her, not my fav of the lot but I enjoy it.

Da capo Second Season - Finished the 1st one a while back and loved it, Second one is getting better, think a third one has been announced as well.

Okusama wa Joshikousei (my Wife is a Highschool girl)- Just Fanservice every two minutes, about a 16 year old girl whos married to her teacher..no ide awhy o0 something to do with her dad wanting it or something, but it's alright.

and thats it at the minute >>

I'm currently watching:

Tsubusa Chronicles - The Clamp Anime, some say it's a load of Crap..I like it, has Charcters from all the Clamp animes, always nice to see one you know pop up as a side character.

Urgh, you're kidding right? Why didn't they just make a sequal to card captor sakura instead of making a dodgy crappy spin off with randomassed characters with annoying new voice actors.

Berserk is the best ever.

Cowboy Bebop, Bleach, One Piece (awesome), Hunter x Hunter, Samurai Champloo, Fruit Baskets, Full Metal Panic, Yakitate Japan, Prince of Tennis, Kokoro Library, Tsubasa Chronicles, DearS (good shit), Gundam, Dragon Ball, Monster, Shuffle, Soukyuu no Fafner, Mai-HiME, Macross, Azumanga Daioh, Slayers, Great Teacher Onizuka, Honey and Clover, Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X), Trigun, Vampire Hunter D, .Hack/sign, RahXephon, Air, Mahoraba, School Rumble, Full Moon o Sagashite

Theres something here for everyone! The ones towards the end are romance because i saw someone mention that. Theres action adventure, violence, romance, comedy tec.

I recommend all of these and if you need info on any of the series' got to animenfo.com - good site

I've seen/got:

Movies/OVA's

Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 1, Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2 - The Sealed Card, Cowboy Bebop (with a great English dub!), Final Fantasy 7 - Advent Children + Last Order, Ghost in the Shell, Ichigo 100% OVA1,2 and 3, Initial D - Battle Stage, Initial D - Extra Stage, Initial D - Third Stage, Pokémon - The First Movie, Pokémon - Metwo Strikes Back, Pokémon The Movie 2000 (The Power of One), Pokémon 3 - Spell of the Unknown, Pokémon 4ever, Pokémon Heroes, Pokémon - Jirachi Wish Maker, Pokémon - Destiny Deoxys, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Steam boy, Street Fighter 2 - The Animated Movie, Zone of the Enders - Idolo.

Series

Cardcaptor Sakura, Chobits, Cowboy Bebop, DN Angel, Full Metal Panic!, Full Metal Panic? - Fumoffu!, Full Metal Panic! - The Second Raid, Ichigo 100% TV, Initial D - First Stage, Initial D - Second Stage, Initial D - Fourth Stage (Project D), Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (incredibly powerful drama), Love Hina (including the specials), Lova Hina Again, Mai HiME, Neon Genesis Evangelion (including End of), Sonic X, Street Fighter 2V, Tsubasa Chronicle and Zone of the Enders Dolores.

Quite abit...

Urgh, you're kidding right? Why didn't they just make a sequal to card captor sakura instead of making a dodgy crappy spin off with randomassed characters with annoying new voice actors.

Nah, they have, Story is Sakura's Soul has shattered into Feathers and Crossed over Diffrent dimensions, Syoran gets sent to the Time Queen ( think it's her name) And she sneds Syoran, Sakura, Fai and Kurogane have to travel to Diffrent dimensions to get the feathers and for Fai escape from a king whos after him and Kurogane to get seek oponents who can match his strength. But I think they have the same VA's, I never watched the japanese version of CCS but when I heard Chii's voice it was the same as on Chobbits