NEurope

It has been subbed now by L-E. :D

Nice! I just saw on DeathNoteFan, it's recent. If I don't complain they don't move their asses.

Currently downloading Death Note episode 2, man, I was so hyped after the preview. I totally missed it first time round as I had exited it during the credits, but Jordan thankfully reminded me.

Cant wait.

Has anyone seen spirited away? That's an amazing film. I recomend everyone see it even if you dont like anime.

Since I don't believe in getting hyped for a series based on 2 episodes, I'm going to go ahead and all of the Death Note manga which can be found here. Then if I deem it good, I will watch the series.

The concept seems nicely unique.

[edit]

The manga has great art and a somewhat creepy protagonist. Seems something worthy of purchase. I think I shall have the first two episodes - the first few chapters have proven themselves. I just don't know how long I'll be able to wait before I read/buy the rest of the manga.

The concept of a new anime to watch is rather exciting.

Since I don't believe in getting hyped for a series based on 2 episodes, I'm going to go ahead and read all the Death Note manga which can be found here. Then if I deem it good, I will watch the series.

I know it looks stupid :hmm: I'm not usualy like this.

Since I don't believe in getting hyped for a series based on 2 episodes, I'm going to go ahead and all of the Death Note manga which can be found here. Then if I deem it good, I will watch the series.

[edit]

The manga has great art and a somewhat creepy protagonist. Seems something worthy of purchase. I think I shall have the first two episodes - the first few chapters have proven themselves. I just don't know how long I'll be able to wait before I read/buy the rest of the manga.

The concept of a new anime to watch is rather exciting.

Ill be buying them, I saw vol 1 at blackwells. I might just get some when i meet with you folk.

Ill be buying them, I saw vol 1 at blackwells. I might just get some when i meet with you folk.

Yeah, I may go into town tomorrow and try to pick some up. Stores like Borders, Waterstones and Calamity Comics all sell manga. I really ought to start collecting manga in real life, but I just never seem to get around to buying/reading any. So town tomrorow it is...but then again I seriously doubt I'll find them cheaper than on Amazon for like £4.20 each.

My waterstones in town doesnt have much ShonenJump, neither does Ottakars. Pretty much all Tokyopop, with plenty of missing volumes. Its a shame as i'd like to collect the Naruto manga and by the impression that i've got from the first two episodes, death note too.

Guy, if you do go to your town tommorow and find some, will you be able to tell me? I would get them off Amazon but im not too patient..

My waterstones in town doesnt have much ShonenJump, neither does Ottakars. Pretty much all Tokyopop, with plenty of missing volumes. Its a shame as i'd like to collect the Naruto manga and by the impression that i've got from the first two episodes, death note too.

Guy, if you do go to your town tommorow and find some, will you be able to tell me? I would get them off Amazon but im not too patient..

St. Albans is quite good for manga... there's the big Ottakars, which has plenty of Tokyopop, and there's also Chaos City Comics, which is really good- It's got all sorts of stuff.

If you don't know where Choas City Comics is, go straight down St. Peter's street until it diverges into two (pedestrian only) roads, then take the right one and go straight down and across the road. Head right up the road until you see a covered opening on the left, and it's just through there.

The reason im going for blackwells is because:

They have a 3 for 2 offer on ALL Manga. And its been going on for ages

Deathnote is £5.99, so £12 for 3 volumes.

I'm loving that anime, awesome ep. I also like the opening music.

Have you seen Laputa: castle in the sky or howles moving castle? they're all by the same director

Have you seen Laputa: castle in the sky or howles moving castle? they're all by the same director

I wasn't exacly talking about Spirited Away, but I like it too.

St. Albans is quite good for manga... there's the big Ottakars, which has plenty of Tokyopop, and there's also Chaos City Comics, which is really good- It's got all sorts of stuff.

If you don't know where Choas City Comics is, go straight down St. Peter's street until it diverges into two (pedestrian only) roads, then take the right one and go straight down and across the road. Head right up the road until you see a covered opening on the left, and it's just through there.

Ah, thanks very much! Maybe I can finally continue reading Mahoromatic..only a 10 minute drive too!

oh right, i got confused, have you seen the others?

I think most of us here have seen some Miyazaki, and like it...

But you know, it's not strictly anime... at least according to Miyazaki himself.

I discovered Sheff's Forbidden Planet today \o/

Their Tokyopop collection is decent, unfortunately they seem to have had a tonne of people going in and buying the 1st and 2nd volumes of every manga so I couldn't start a new one ¬_¬

So, has anyone here played ever17?

Apparently it's the best visual novel to be officially translated into English (as only about 5 have actually been translated).

I downloaded the demo here, and it looks pretty good. Only problem is that it's bloody hard to get hold of ouside the US... (sorry folks, I bought the last copy on ebay :heh: )

Where's the cheapest place to buy manga online? Is there somewhere I'm missing?

Not that I know of, it's generally £5+ per volume...

1160610342914gy3.th.jpg

Thought the Eva fans out there might enjoy this image. Came across it randomly the other day. It's the art used in a magazine promo for the upcoming Evangelion movies.

1160610342914gy3.th.jpg

Thought the Eva fans out there might enjoy this image. Came across it randomly the other day. It's the art used in a magazine promo for the upcoming Evangelion movies.

:kiss:

My new wallpaper when I get back on my own PC.

Is Metropolis any good? Looking at the Blu-ray titles and it seems to be the first high-definitiona anime.

Shorty I guess me and you are probably going to get the same birthday present :)