NEurope

wow away for a week and this thread still going strong which is good

and looks like lot of people taking that bleach quiz :D

Currently i'm still an active Naruto fan, up to the latest and im getting Rurouni kenshin, Gundam seed, Seed destiny and Full metal alchemist....

i dl final fantasy 7 advent children omg omg the best 3d animation i have ever seen

Apart from you know, Spirits Within which easilly destroys Advent Children graphically.......... ^^;

Anyone watched Last Exile ? I thought it was good but have only seen up to vol 4.

I recently purchased Katsuhiro Otomo's Steamboy, thought it might be good, but was sadly and utterly dissapointed. What was he thinking ?!?

Anyway...I may get Millenium actress soon, I heard nothing but good about it. I also can't wait for the Disney release (region 1) of Howl's moving castle and My neighbour Totoro, which is long overdue for release (thanks Disney!:mad: ). These last two aren't released untill early next year though.

I recently purchased Katsuhiro Otomo's Steamboy, thought it might be good, but was sadly and utterly dissapointed. What was he thinking ?!?

I thaught it was good. Nice music, animation and intresting story

Anyone watched Last Exile ? I thought it was good but have only seen up to vol 4.

Good man; Last Exile is one of GONZO's masterpieces, and is a brilliant show all round. It is definitley in my top 5 shows ever, but as with you, I have only seen up to volume 4- 5 is on its way.

I thaught it was good. Nice music, animation and intresting story

Nope, sorry I really didn't like it.

Flat, boring characters you don't care about, zero character developement and a very boring, cliched story that has been done a thousand times before. That basickly sums up Steamboy, oh I forgot: it really drags too.

But yes the music and animation were quite good...comparatively.

I can't believe the same guy did Akira too, have you seen that? A much better film imho.

Imho; Akira is exceptionally overrated. I enjoyed it, but I doubt I'll ever watch it again; there are a vast ammount of titles available, that I believe to be better;

Ghost in the Shell is pure brilliance, just like Standalone Complex.

Tokyo Godfathers

Macross Plus

They are only a few films I will post, but all are equal, if not better than Akira(in my eyes).

yea akira is overated, people go on and on about it... but it doesnt really stand out for me. At the time it probably was the best anime out there.

I would have liked Akira a lot more if the ending was well more understandable and less confusing

It's the same with most things; say rock music for example-everyone harps on about how good nirvana were, but in all honesty, they weren't that good; just that no-one else was around at that moment in time to challenge/compare them too.

Well, because they're both made by Otomo I metioned Akira as being a much better film than Steamboy, which really is not saying much though.

It's not my favorite film (or animé for that matter) either and yes, it's overrated.

It's the same with most things; say rock music for example-everyone harps on about how good nirvana were, but in all honesty, they weren't that good; just that no-one else was around at that moment in time to challenge/compare them too.

That's a little pretentious, I find Nivarna quite good.

Pretty much the only rock music I enjoy. But I get you're point at least. :p

when did everyone start bashing akira still one outstanding anime film and movie.

maybe a bit overrated but still holds the key to masterpiece film.

Yah, Akira used to be my fav anime of all time, but, then again that was when I hadn't seen all that much anime... Now it's not at the top of the list, but, it's still up there..... Great film. :)

Hmmmm just took that bleach test.... I'm Chad... Yayz. ^^;

i had a chance to watch the whole series of ikki tousen.......... i think i will never call anybody stupid again. people that have watched it will understand. but right now i am wacthing Madlax man it's confusing.

Initial D fans, ep 17 and 18 came out last night from L-E Idology. Wee, great eps ;)

my favourite is dextors laboratory!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Seems my LOLo'riffic smilies aren't working....

I made this :wink:

Azumanga Daioh is pretty much the only anime I've ever tolerated. It's just too funny

I LOVE Azumanga Daioh. Shame it's so underrated.

I love Azumanga Daioh too, rented most of them from Screenselect.

Does anyone know if there is a dvd box set ?

Nevermind, just found it on google. Off to buy it now.

I watched the first few episodes and wasnt to impressed. Maybe I will try and get back into it.