NEurope

>_> <_< >_>

Lets see how crazy I can make people.

I was bored and started watching Naruto (honestly, even the name of this series is wrong, it should be called Sasuke since that's all they focus on). And I was thinking, yeah the fights are cool, but all this Sasuke focus makes me want to punch kittens....then Sasuke was being all Sasuke-ish(y'know dark and brooding i.e. boring as growing grass) and he decided to leave.

BAM! Filler!

And it's great. It's just random ninja shit focusing on Naruto doing ninja shit rather than focusing on Naruto hanging out with Sasuke in order to focus on Sasuke. Yet.....people hate the filler....

To be a bit more polite, I've also recently (in like the last month or two) watched Darker than Black, which was great. Black Lagoon which was also pretty good.

Oh also, Drunken Rock Lee is wonderfully hilarious.

Drunken fist is the best thing in that whole anime!! You should just go up to ep 130iiiish, then skip to Shippuuden

...and I'm caught up with my weekly anime! :grin:

I finished Kuroshisuji yesterday and it is great! :D (apart from a few bits) very much reccomend it, I AM ONE HELL OF A BUTLER!

BAM! Filler!

And it's great. It's just random ninja shit focusing on Naruto doing ninja shit rather than focusing on Naruto hanging out with Sasuke in order to focus on Sasuke. Yet.....people hate the filler....

You are the first person ever to like the filler. Ever. You must hate character development.

I didn't hate the filler as I didn't have the pain of having to watch it weekly. I just watched it all in one go. :)

But did you like it? Did you sit back after an episode and say "wow, what a piece of story telling! The animation... the drama... the action!" ?

No. No you did not.

Nolan, you're going to hate recent Shippuuden. Even I have been wondering if the show should have been called Sasuke.

There is a reversal of this going on in One Piece (anime).

As much as I like Luffy, I want the rest of the crew also and they have been MIA for the past 40-50 episodes...

Yeah I am also feeling that! Plus the animation and quality of storytelling has been weak lately, feels like they're really drawing it out.

I don't hate character development, I hate Sasuke character development since he's as boring as a log. At least a log is well rounded, Sasuke is just flat.

It's just that the Filler focuses on Naruto being himself, and it shows him working with other groups developing teamworking skills...or something. The only thing is since it is Filler they can't(or at least don't) progress with abilities.

What is so flat about Sasuke? Yes he has simple motivations, revenge, but is that unusual? People are often driven by one goal, and he wasn't unshakable, the reason they took him from the village was because Naruto was starting to influence him. Also, he could've done what his brother wanted and killed Naruto, but he chose not to. I'm no Sasuke fan, but I don't see why people hate him so much.

He shows more of an emotional range in the second part, anyway.

He is dark and brooding and boring. I don't find him any different than characters like Cloud Sephiroth or Squall, except they have swords and he doesn't.

Yeah I am also feeling that! Plus the animation and quality of storytelling has been weak lately, feels like they're really drawing it out.

Yeah, the past few eps have just been: Recap, walk into new room, cameo from someone that appeared 200 episodes ago, short fight, end.

I was really looking forward to this arc because of how much is going on in the plot before it started.

But now it's moving slower forward then the Skypiea arc...

He is dark and brooding and boring. I don't find him any different than characters like Cloud Sephiroth or Squall, except they have swords and he doesn't.

Funny you should say that....

2517936589_cc76057ca3.jpg

lol, sword.

Anyway, the fillers not only don't advance the story, they ruin the public perception of the characters. During the fillers Naruto became one of those show where he always has to do his signature move and the kids don't really care because they know the story will never have an ending or closure. It also destroy the personality of characters like Shino if the viewer isn't aware that he's watching fillers.

When you say:

It's just that the Filler focuses on Naruto being himself, and it shows him working with other groups developing teamworking skills...or something

The point of fillers is that after it ends, nothing of that will have ever happened. That's not Naruto being himself, that's just no Naruto.

As for the Sasuke thing, yes they do focus a lot on him, it is quite a mistery at this point why the show is called Naruto, since Sasuke is a much more developed character and not uni dimensional as Naruto. You got what Naruto was about after the first arc and how he's going to be for the rest of series, Sasuke on the other hand changes a lot through out the whole thing.

Yeah, I can tell that it's all going to kick off for Naruto. Well, by "tell" I mean: fuck the Naruto Manga fans who have absolutely no ability whatsoever to keep spoilers to themselves.*

But other than the numerous things that people have already ruined for me, it's pretty clear that it's Naruto's screen time now. By "now" I mean after the current filler arc. In a way it's all been a big build up for him, a reason for him to really move forward and make some change happen. If the next couple of arcs are told by the anime team in anywhere near the quality of the last couple of arcs, I think it's going to blow me away.

*I don't mean on these forums btw. Although I am considering red-infractions/insta-bans for Naruto spoilers.

Yeah I think everyone has seen that spoiler pic of Naruto, its impossible to go around the web without having the retards spoiling it.

Still, besides the bigger focus on Naruto that's sure to come, I don't expect him change much in personality.

Woah was that a reference to me?

I didn't spoil anything? Did I?

No, you didn't. As Shino said, the whole internet spoiled it. Bastards.

Still, besides the bigger focus on Naruto that's sure to come, I don't expect him change much in personality.
I think he will grow up a little bit. His "Nindo", as cool as it once was, is a bit naive now and he has to see that.

Speaking of Kai, they've recast some of the characters:

* Gohan: Colleen Clinkenbeard

(replacing Stephanie Nadolny)

* Bulma: Monica Rial

(replacing Tiffany Volmer)

* Narrator: Doc Morgan

(replacing Kyle Hebert, who replaced Dale Kelly)

* Chiaotzu & Pu'er ("Puar"): Brina Palencia

(replacing Monika Antonelli, though Puar has been voiced by Palencia in non-TV roles before)

Hopefully this means they are doing a new dub for Kai.

Speaking of Kai, they've recast some of the characters:

Hopefully this means they are doing a new dub for Kai.

yeah its almost a compleatly new dub as it will be alot closer to the japanese version. The 1st dvd comes out in may and contains the saiyan saga re-telling.

On the manga front, does anyone know when the next volume of Your & My Secret is out? I love all these genderbendy series, and this is one of my favourites (plus I just LOVE anything by Ai Morinaga... Heavenly Hockley Club is godly).