NEurope

So it was the finalé. This was a great series, everything about it was fantastic!

I think there'll be another season of it as there are the hints to it.

Orihara saying that it's not over, the end with J and also at the bottom of the manga it says Season 1 fin.

I sure hope there is a season 2 and that it'll be out soon!

Agreed so much. Gone up into my top 5 of anything I think! The finale if I'm honest was a little bit of a let down but still such an amazing series like Death Note.

I beg of fellow manga readers to read this!

I have to agree with Ellmeister and beg you all to read Bloody Monday. It certainly is one of the best reads out there!

As with Bloody Monday I've also been reading another manga over the last few days, Fairy Tail.

I believe I've seen a couple comments on here about it and when I saw it I thought I should start reading it... and I'm loving it! I've totally caught up as I pretty much couldn't put it down, haha.

Who else is reading it?

I have to agree with Ellmeister and beg you all to read Bloody Monday. It certainly is one of the best reads out there!

As with Bloody Monday I've also been reading another manga over the last few days, Fairy Tail.

I believe I've seen a couple comments on here about it and when I saw it I thought I should start reading it... and I'm loving it! I've totally caught up as I pretty much couldn't put it down, haha.

Who else is reading it?

Fairy Tale is awesome and scarily addictive. I love it. Best thing since...one piece! I swear those two have some undeniable similarities.

I want to watch FMA:Brotherhood but the funimation website won't let me on because of geolocation. Any help?

I want to watch FMA:Brotherhood but the funimation website won't let me on because of geolocation. Any help?

Taken from AnimeUKNews.

A question regarding the status of the streaming of FMA Brotherhood:

“@MangaUK Any news on the streaming of FMA Brotherhood, that was announced back in May?

@takethelong The contract is taking ages to complete, but hopeful it will be on Manga.co.uk soon.â€

If you can wait a while Manga should be streaming it on their website.

There's an European youtube account with subtitles in various languages, and episodes up to 23. Not sure if it's official, but sure looks like it.

Fairy Tale is awesome and scarily addictive. I love it. Best thing since...one piece! I swear those two have some undeniable similarities.

Particularly the main character? :P They look the same! I've been keeping up with it for a while. And I can easily say it seems like a generic rip off of the main 3 (Naruto, Bleach and One Piece) there is something definitely distinctive about it but I can't put my finger on it.

I've been reading a lot. Mainly Bakuman, Kekkaishi and Veritas. I recommend these to everyone. All decent mangas, though varying in their types.

I read to-Love-Ru after hearing about it. Whilst it was funnyish in some places, the "ecchi" stuff made me cringe and the ending was absolutely shocking.

The one I most recommend which was pretty much ignored when I first posted it was Ichigo 100%. AMAZING STUFF. I have it as my background now and it still gives me butterflies when I read the panel of my background :) Thats powerful manga right there.

...The one I most recommend which was pretty much ignored when I first posted it was Ichigo 100%. AMAZING STUFF. I have it as my background now and it still gives me butterflies when I read the panel of my background :) Thats powerful manga right there.

After your recommendation of Bloody Monday, I'll take you up on this. I'll start reading it as of tomorrow as I'm heading to bed now, haha.

Well, I've read the first 10 chapters of Ichigo 100% but I just can't get into it, it's definitely not for me.

Edited by Kav

Particularly the main character? :P They look the same! I've been keeping up with it for a while. And I can easily say it seems like a generic rip off of the main 3 (Naruto, Bleach and One Piece) there is something definitely distinctive about it but I can't put my finger on it.

I've been reading a lot. Mainly Bakuman, Kekkaishi and Veritas. I recommend these to everyone. All decent mangas, though varying in their types.

I read to-Love-Ru after hearing about it. Whilst it was funnyish in some places, the "ecchi" stuff made me cringe and the ending was absolutely shocking.

The one I most recommend which was pretty much ignored when I first posted it was Ichigo 100%. AMAZING STUFF. I have it as my background now and it still gives me butterflies when I read the panel of my background :) Thats powerful manga right there.

Think I already posted this but I wholeheartedly agreed about Ichigo 100% when I read it awhile ago. Not my usual cup of tea, but really did open me up to that kind...shall I say genre?

And when I get time, I will try out bloody Monday. Loved Death Note, still reading the Liar Game (almost a bit much for my brain at times) and a whole load of other manga that can be considered mainstream.

After your recommendation of Bloody Monday, I'll take you up on this. I'll start reading it as of tomorrow as I'm heading to bed now, haha.

Well, I've read the first 10 chapters of Ichigo 100% but I just can't get into it, it's definitely not for me.

You realize Bloody Monday and Ichigo 100% have absolutely nothing to do with each other's genres, right? Just to make sure.

Oh I agree that it wasn't my thing at the start Kav82! But I kept with it and by the end I was astonished at just how much it affected me emotionally.

I had to take a breath and think about it :p

I'd recommend Liar game, mr Kav82! Its a good read but can get a little confusing at times. I'm sticking with it since it has potential. :)

OHOHOH and 1/2 prince is another I keep reading. Thats also becoming one of my favourites :)

Read the first couple chapters of Bloody Monday after the raving on here... I ain't read any manga for ages... it's awesome so far though!

Is there any word on the next studio ghilbi film? I've seen ponyo but anything new?

Read the first couple chapters of Bloody Monday after the raving on here... I ain't read any manga for ages... it's awesome so far though!

Just you wait ;)

Is there any word on the next studio ghilbi film? I've seen ponyo but anything new?

Apparently Taketori Monogatari is in the works directed by Isao Takahata who did Pom Poko, My Neighbours the Yamadas and Grave of the Fireflies.

Taketori Monogatari is considered to be Japan's oldest extant narrative and tells the story about the life of a mysterious girl called Kaguya-hime. Discovered as a baby inside the stalk of a glowing bamboo plant (note: a similar scene interestingly also appears in Takahata's My Neighbors the Yamadas), she is said to be from Tsuki-no-Miyako (The Capital of the Moon) and has unusual hair that "shines like gold".

Next to being a very old story, Taketori Monogatari shares a similar popularity to that of classics like Momotaro and Urashimataro and has frequently been made into live-action (for example by Ichikawa Kon) and animation. It is often parodied on Japanese TV (for example this deodorant CM is currently being aired) and every Japanese, even very small kids, know the story very well.

Ghibli World, although thats just the outline of the tale itself but they could do anything with it.

And the DS game The Another World if you wanna count that.

Hello anime thread.

It's really been a while since I actually watched any anime. These days I think almost all of it is crap and even the good shows I remember really don't seem that good in retrospect.

I'd like someone to remind me why I liked it in the first place with a suggestion of a really good show that's come out since I quit.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Sanchez

I've also stalled with anime for a while.

However I can say that Canaan is apparently quite good. Tears to Tiara is good. Tokyo Magnitude is also quite good.

Then there's Bakemonogatari if you liked the visuals from Zetsubo Sensei. The Valkyria Chroincles anime is alright. Needless reminds me of Gurren Lagann but heavy on the whole fanservice stuff. Then the greatest, FMA new season.

I should get back to watching the 40 or so episodes of these anime I've got piled up.

So nothing really remarkable like a new Death Note or a new Haruhi (i hear s02 of this sucks)? I'll try the alternated FMA but I want something fresh.

Season 2 of Haruhi was pretty good I thought. It was fun watching all the endless eight episodes.

This FMA is the one which follows the manga so it's already awesome.

The only ones that stand out this season are Bakemonogatari and Canaan even though I've only watched 2 or 3 episodes of it. Maybe Tokyo Magnitude aswell.

Nothing on the same levels as Death Note though.

HAJIME NO IPPO. Old Series then watch the continuation which just finshed recently and is Called New challenger. One of, if not my fave manga/anime of all time. It's about boxing, but the way it is done can bring forth the manly tears, whether it be through sheer hilarity, or heartbreak.

Canaan is alright. I am watching it, but only really to fill a void. ATM, can't really recommend anything else.

Why can't you just download torrents like everybody else instead of watching shitty streams of poorly translated low resolution jerky and slow-loading crap. There, I said it.

Goddamit, it says its not available due to copyright restrictions.

Is that so? It must be restricted to countries with the available languages, then (which is most European languages, but German, French and English aren't included).

Maybe there is a separate account for those 3 languages? I wouldn't get my hopes up, but it could be worth a look.

So nothing really remarkable like a new Death Note or a new Haruhi (i hear s02 of this sucks)? I'll try the alternated FMA but I want something fresh.

It's kinda hard to recommend anything if you don't clue us in in what genre you like the most.

But Haruhi S2 was very good. Not as much as the 1st because they covered very little ground story wise. Basically they just filled the chronological holes of season 1, but the details are important for what's coming.

Well, since I don't see Detroit Metal City on your list, I'll recommend you that. It's a quick laugh, and a very good one at that, but it will only last you 2 hours. So if you want to kill time you better look for something else. (but watch it anyway)

Edited by Blue_Ninja0