NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Meik

Revenge of the Great NE Quiz!

OK, here are my set of questions

1) What is the 9th track on Oasis's '(What's the Story) Morning Glory'?- Caris gets the point with 'She's electric'

2) Colin Mochrie, Ryan Styles, Tony Slattery and Josie Lawrence were all regulars at some point on which classic TV show?- Aye, Katie was correct with 'Whose Line is it anyway', and what a show it was

3) The first AI side-kick in your crew in Knights of the Old Republic is...- Don't worry Zell, Wikipedia served you correctly. Indeed it was Carth Onasi. Unlucky Shino (annoying, isn't it?)

4) Name that film- ViPeR correctly guessed Heat, certainly Pacino's finest role in the last 20 years.

5) Name that TV show- gmac wins the point with the correct answer, Without a Trace

6) This job in question is to advise the mafia don and to make the family look as legit as possible. What is this job? Noodleman is correct to say consigliere

7) Johnny Depp has played six roles where the name of his character is or is in the title of the movie. What are the names of these movies? (one is sort of debatable) Ninja Mullet gets the point, though the debatable one I was thinking of was Donnie Brasco, but I guess there are two debatable answers. And Sweeny Todd hasn't even finish production yet.

8) What is my star sign? Aye Platty gets this correct. Indeed it is Scorpio, who's month is just around the corner (wink wink)

9) "Hello, is there anybody in there?" are the lyrics at the beginning of which song? Moria gets it by correctly guessing 'Comfortably Numb'

10) In 1865, after the American Civil War, the constitution was changed in the US which would allow black people to vote in elections, however, in some states, most black people were still disallowed from voting, yet these states were not doing anything unconstitutional. How did these states get away with this?- I'll give you that. 'booker gets the point

Scores

Shino - 2

Twilight_Link - 2

Rokhed00 - 2

Noodleman - 2

Ninja Mullet - 2

Moria - 2

Dabookerman - 2

ViPeR - 2

Conzer16 - 1

Dan Dare - 1

Jordan - 1

CVD - 1

EchoDesiato - 1

Meik - 1

Monopolyman - 1

weeyellowbloke - 1

Platty- 1

gmac- 1

Zell- 1

Katie- 1

Caris- 1

Ashley- 1

Tagged Ash at the end, because I think he was left out from the last round.

7) Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, Donnie Brasco, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Don Juan DeMarco, Cry-Baby (Wade "Cry Baby" Walker) <-- is that the debatable one?

Edward Scissorhands

Gilbert Grape [What's Eating Gilbert Grape]

Donnie Brasco

Sweeney Todd

Don Juan

Ed Wood

I have no debateable ones! Vote me!

7) edward scizzorhands; ed wood;sweeny todd; donnie brasco; don juan demarco; ... cry baby?

edit: damn beat me to it

Edward Scissorhands

Gilbert Grape [What's Eating Gilbert Grape]

Donnie Brasco

Sweeney Todd

Don Juan

Ed Wood

I have no debateable ones! Vote me!

I was gonna put sweeney todd but it's not been filmed yet, so he's not appeared in it xD

3) T3-M4 *beeeep*

Nope. When I meant first AI side-kick, I meant the first guy you meet who joins you in saving the galaxy etc. Soz.

4) Scarface

Nope.

Nope. When I meant first AI side-kick, I meant the first guy you meet who joins you in saving the galaxy etc. Soz.

Then is Carth Onasi.

Edit: Screw it.

10) It was only ratified by 27 of the 36 states, meaning it wasn't legislation in the other 9?

Damn, didn't see Booker had been given it!

10) It was only ratified by 27 of the 36 states, meaning it wasn't legislation in the other 9?

Well, actually, as long as 3/4 of states agree, it applies to the whole nation. Anyway, not that any of that matters anymore, Viper got the last question, so it's Ash's turn now, I believe.

And just as I finished making the questions. Mines more trashy entertainment stuff, less serious.

1) How much did Tyson Ritter (All American Rejects) used to weigh?

Caris got it correct - 215lbs. Which has led to Pete Wentz calling him a "hottie". Trivia for you.

2) In the film Brick, what does the expression "Shamus" mean?

Rokhed00 is correct, it means detective.

3) Who is this?

quiz.jpg

Nobody got it, but it is Ian Watkins from Lostprophets (Twilight Link was right, but had already answered)

4) What is the protaganist's name in the 1927 film Metropolis?

EEVILMURRAY got it right, it was Johhan 'Joh' Fredersen.

5) Who won the recent Swedish elections? The party name and the name of the new Prime Minister?

Noodleman has been paying attention to the news obviously as the answer is Moderate Party and Fredrik Reinfeldt

6) Explain the meaning of the phrase "What's time to a hog?"

Twilight_Link is correct, a hog basically has no concept of time so it doesn't care about wasting it.

7) Whats the name of the song used in the Lynx Boost advert? (the one with that person in a towel)

Ninja Mullet is correct, it is "Change My Mind" by The Blueskins

8) What film is this from?

quiz2.jpg

Again, nobody. Was from Mysterious Skin, a very powerful, but very disturbing film.

9) Where does the expression "love you long time" originate from?

Dabookerman eventually gets it right. 'Full Metal Jacket'

10) How did Howard and Vince find themselves stranded on a desert island in The Mighty Boosh?

weeyellowbloke clearly knows his Boosh - Vince cut the hair of the captain whose ship they were on, and were made to walk the plank.

Last minute question change :p I'll personally award you a point if that counts for anything.

Sign in to follow this