NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mike-zim

March? What will Wii do?

ok so we know thw wii will be out at christmas. we know that because there is no PS3 then the wii will have a bumper sale at crimbo and carry on through to march relatively unchallenged.

March 2007 and the PS3 get released. What do nintendo do to make sure that the PS3 doesnt steal all the sales? do we see some bumper first party titles released then? i though MP3 was meant to be a launch title. are they deliberately holding it back till march? will we see SSB, FF:CC & other A* games out then?

i am fascinated and wana know what you guys think. please lets discuss : peace: out.

MP3, Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros and a small price drop should do it.
Agreed!

I think Wii will be fine anyway, and don't really think that the PS3 will effect whether or not Wii is a success.

The consoles are SO different in terms of price, aswell as in terms of the gameplay experiences they offer.

I think in the same way the DS saw off the PSP, the Wi will keep selling dispite the PS3!

Personally I'm hoping for a new bundle that contains the same stuff as the current bundle, only with either Metroid Prime 3 or Super Mario Galaxy in stead of Wii Sports. And a black console obviously :D. I also hope they include either a wiimote/retro controller combo or just the retro controller with Super Smash Brothers.

I hope it will be like a mini re-launch, as I'm waiting for (and really looking forward to) the black console.

To be honest, I'm not convinced any price drop would be effective.

The PS3 is going to come in at over £400 anyway! Even if Nintendo hold the price steady at £180, that's a massive difference of at least £220. And it's unlikely there'll be a game included with the PS3.

A price drop might happen if Microsoft drop the core 360's price, but not for the PS3 launch, I don't think.

I agree that the best weapon Nintendo could use - asides from trumpeting the Wii's value for money - is one or two massive game launches. Or even major new Wii Channels.

And a black console
Yeah, that would be a great move!

Launch the Black console and offer some awesome bundles!

A good campaign with new games and re release of some GC could do it. A small price drop or bundle would be lovely too. Sales will suffer anyway, but it's only normal.

Do people ACTUALLY expect Samsh Bros to be out here (where we always get games last) in 5 months! Crazy. There has only been 1 trailer for it. That was only 4 months ago AND it was said that was the only thing the team had done. I don't know how some of you think sometimes.

I'd have to aggree with everyone MP3, Mario Galaxy, smash bros, all will probably get Wii sales up.

Maybe a VC games bonanza on hat day, save a bit on some old games. Like get some NES games for £1 worth of points.

Nintendo could look it the other way and decide to do nothing. Which might not be as crazy as it initially sounds. Why try and compete and risk being buried? I'd say we're odds on for a Halo 3 launch around then too. It might just be better not to make people choose between a reduced price Xbox360 + Halo, a PS3 or Wii + SMG. Wait till PS3s initial allocation has dried up and then bang - SMG ftw.

Do people ACTUALLY expect Samsh Bros to be out here (where we always get games last) in 5 months! Crazy. There has only been 1 trailer for it. That was only 4 months ago AND it was said that was the only thing the team had done. I don't know how some of you think sometimes.

I was just thinking that. Smash Bros will probably be a Christmas title next year, IMO. In March, we'll probably get MP3, maybe Mario and possibly a few bundles and new colours.

I don't think it will be out by March and I don't think it will come out at Chrismas, I have a feeling SSBB will be out May woldwide, just think thats when Nintendo does there massive press conference so they can so it of days before it comes out for online multiplayer.

The thing I presume they will do is work with Broadband providers, and give a way a USB to ethernet thing as well as up to 3 free game downloads/ 1 free game download, Opera and maybe Wii Music/Wii Paint thing.

I agree with everyone here. New AAA titles, a price drop, start of gaming bundles and possibly new colours. Seems like standard practise to me.

I'd think the price difference between the two consoles at the moment would be enough to convince people away from the PS3 anyway.

I was just thinking that. Smash Bros will probably be a Christmas title next year, IMO. In March, we'll probably get MP3, maybe Mario and possibly a few bundles and new colours.

Thank you. Someone who can actually think about things logically before the fanboy lobe kicks in.

I wonder if the bundles, when they come, will still included Wii Sports? I think we'll see Metroid before Galaxy to be honest. I don't want it to go up against Halo and get lost though. I can't really see a new colour for a while. If it sells better than expected we'll probably have to wait longer for the new colours as it will just slow down production of the console.

sorry 21st i forgot your were the all knowing. how can us mere mortals possibly know how far along in developement first party games are? oh woh is me!!!

ok so i went ott but it is just a "what do you think nintendo COULD do" it is all hypathetical.

There has been one trailer for Pokemon Battle Revolution, and that's coming out in Japan in December, apparantly.

Metroid shouldn't be too far into 2007 (it was an intended launch title after all), probably no later than March.

Mario was said to be about 6 months from the Wii's launch wasn't it, so that should be out around Q2 2007.

I think SSBM is most likely to be anywhere between a May launch (like Melee) and a Christmas 2007 launch.

The producer actually said in the Q and A after the trailer was shown at E3 that this is all they'd done on the game cause they'd only just set up there headquarters and everything. You know Nintendo aren't gonna mess around with this game and just knock it out. Probably the third most important game after mario and zelda.

Nintendo would be letting the world know if this game was coming out soon.

Sign in to follow this