NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Amazon Pre-Order Sells Out!!

http://www.cubed3.com/news/5976/1/Amazon.com_Wii_Pre-Order_Sell_Out

Quick News: According to CD Freaks the pre-order reservations on Amazon.com have completely sold out since becoming available from Friday September 15th. The Wii hit the 6th in top selling Game Hardware list. The numbers reserved are currently unknown, but the system reached its limit in a matter of hours - blimey!

Awesome news for Nintendo!!

I better get on and pre-order mine at GAME!!

Are they taking instore pre-orders yet?

Awesome news for Nintendo!!

"It is too expensive!"

"Nobody isn't going to buy it on that price!"

"Nintendo is d00m3d!11!1!"

It is good news. :)

I'm currently keeping my eyes peeled on Amazon.co.uk and Gameplay, and have e-mail alerts for them. I've already got a preorder on Play.com, but I want to see if they have better/equal prices, plus they'll have choice of postage so maybe there'll be a better chance of a preordered Wii arriving on launch day.

I just hope they don't start and then sell out while I'm at work. :P

I know we can state this but do we actually have a number to put to this, or have they simply realised that they should stop in case they don't get enough and have said its 'unavailable'

"Nobody isn't going to buy it on that price!"

Pleonasm

well ill probably just wander down my local store and buy it..

well ill probably just wander down my local store and buy it..

I'm actually going to do that, as local supermarket always gets more consoles on launch than there is actual demand. :)

I'm awaiting an e-mail from GAME for when their pre-orders are up. Should be this week.

i went into game on saturday and they said they are not taking preorders till they know what allocation they have so it will be a few weeks before they take preorders. damn it i want to pre-order.

well Gamestation are already preordering, i dont see how, but i went in to hand in my application form for them and there were signs everywhere, and those big letters printed on a sheet of A4 each , preorder your wii now.

deposit of £20.

Still waiting for GAME though, as its closer to me, and i have £15.15 on my card..

Don't Panic....this is American surely, we can't even pre-order at Amazon.co.uk yet!!!!!

And remember they get theirs in exactly 2 months!!!

Hang on a mo'! I've just been on Amazon.com and there is no mention of this!!! Another case of internet hype and scaremongering??? Methinks!!!

My mates a deputy manager at morrisons so I'm gonna ask if he could get a discount for me.

I work at morrisons, and they dont sell Nintendo software or hardware of any kind, can you fill me in on this?

well Gamestation are already preordering, i dont see how,

How do you mean you don't see how? We're taking pre-orders, you get a console. It's very simple. GAME just wait because they screwed in a lot of stores with the 360 pre-orders and took WAY too many. Whereas Nintendo are going to have loads of units available. My store has already taken 43 pre-orders.

How do you mean you don't see how? We're taking pre-orders, you get a console. It's very simple. GAME just wait because they screwed in a lot of stores with the 360 pre-orders and took WAY too many. Whereas Nintendo are going to have loads of units available. My store has already taken 43 pre-orders.

So what happens when you only get 35 units??? Say...

i dont wanna make my move before the bundle offers kick in but i may not have much choice, i may have to look at what kind of bundles game and gamestation are doing at the moment for other consoles and just guess damn it!

i went into game on saturday and they said they are not taking preorders till they know what allocation they have so it will be a few weeks before they take preorders. damn it i want to pre-order.

Did they not ask for a name and number to inform you when you can prorder one cos they did for me and I was number 5 on the list.

Well I've preordered at play on saturday night.I honestly don't think there will be a problem i.e massive shortages I reckon plenty of the stores that sell them that aren't games stores will sell them. comet, currys, supermarkets (supermarkets may not even have preordering in place in the same way as game etc...), WHSmith. i used to work for WHSmith actually and we only did 2 preorders when the gamecube came out, one of them was me! but we actually got 15 consoles in. and thats even at a store that doesn't particularly have a big games department, one corner of the store.

wow so wheres this store?

I just thought that no-one had their allocations of how many they're getting. So i didnt see how shops would be pre-ordering already, when they could over-preorder.

bad news. wii price stays high.

i'm sure amazon are just being cautious as they dont konow their stock allocation yet

Sign in to follow this