NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
fex

Blind Kid Gets a Wii and TP

Hey this guy just got a Nintendo Wii, and a copy of LoZ:TP and loads of other Nintendo Stuff.

Ben Underwood who went blind though cancer, and has developed his own sonar like senses by clicking using his tongue. Video quailty is awful. But you have got to give this guy loads of respect. Oh and I wonder how much that would fetch if he put it on ebay!

Linky

________

Coach handbags

Edited by fex

If he ebays that, man would it go for a lot, sony would probaly buy it off him, just to know whats inside.

Underwood actually clicks with his tongue and listens to how the sound bounces off of things.

...Is that for real?

...Is that for real?

I guess it must be, i just tried clicking at my wall, couldn't hear anything coming back at me!

Man I bet his friends love him!!

________

Subaru b9sc specifications

Edited by fex

I can't imagine a blind person playing computer games [bar button bashing]. Especially playing something like Twilight Princess on the Wii. Standing still [in game], how does his sound power help when trying to aim with the bow?

I can't imagine a blind person playing computer games [bar button bashing]. Especially playing something like Twilight Princess on the Wii. Standing still [in game], how does his sound power help when trying to aim with the bow?

Exactly, it's ridiculous, I would to see him click his way out of Hyrule field.

It's really amazing how he clicks his tongue and knows where everything is. He's not totally blind, though, apparantly. So, how much can he actually see? 10% vision or something?

Underwood, who lost most of his vision after being diagnosed with cancer of the eyes, uses echolocation to find his way around and compete in sports like basketball and martial arts.

:shock:

I don't want to lower the tone or anything here, but that's just too fucking cool. I'll bet that kid's a babe magnet. Good luck to him indeed.

I was going to say...He couldnt be completely blind. Lol, his Daredevil sense wouldnt show the image on a TV screen.

How can he use the internet if he's blind?

I'm sorry but I don't believe he can click and hear things. Maybe say...when he's in a tiled bathroom it echos more so he knows he's in a bathroom. But whales and bats etc have evolved over billions of years to be able to use echo location. Us humans don't even have the ability, its not like it can be learned.

Fair play though.

What a brilliant, outstanding, courageous young man. He makes me feel ashamed of myself.

Double-props to the N to the I to the You Get The Point.

Wow, he's like a real life Daredevil, but without the bad movie. What a legend. I wonder if I could develope my senses like that or if I would just become all mopey and complain all the time.

I saw this when it was on TV last week, I was going to post it but I got caught up with things and completely forgot.:hmm: But that kid is an inspiration I tell you what.:smile:

If he ebays that, man would it go for a lot, sony would probaly buy it off him, just to know whats inside.

eBay the only Wii you have...you must be mad

props to him though

Are they sure it was cancer and not...

RADIO ACTIVE WASTE!!

DareDevil.jpg

Kapow

Ok bad joke, seriously though, I would buy it off of him.

HOly mackerel. That's cool.

Maybe I need to go stare at the sun for a while and get Oprah to give me a Wii...

I respect him for living that kind of life with all his limitations, he's really strong, but let's cut the PC bull here kids, that daredevil thing is impossible. Also it's freaking ridiculous, why would he want a console?

Sign in to follow this