NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

Starting an Action Figure Collection.

A start to my collection, a bit smalelr than i expected, but still awesome:

p1010106ul0.jpg

On the back of the box it says:

"The Mysterious Story of Golden Bender - Imagine, if you will, a small, cardboard box. That's right, a small brown carboard box, ordinary in every respect. Can you imagine such a thing? "very easily" you say? Okay, smarty pants, now imagine that within that box lies... an ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!!! As those five exclamation marks will attest, it's a pretty shocking concept.

This astounding carboard "parabox" was created by Professor Farnsworth in a wrong headed experiment gone horribly wronger. The universe within, "Universe 1", is so bizarre, so utterly inconceivable to our puny human minds, that any attempt to think about it for more than eight seconds will cause your brain to explode out through your ears and nose, making a disgusting honking sound and staining the carpet. nothing in universe 1 is even remotely like anything we know in our world. For example, the strange alternate-universe Bender who dwells in this hyper-box does not have Bender's usual finish, "foghat gray". Instead, he sports a brilliant golden shine! Look at how it glistens and Gleams! In all other respects, he is the same.

In the words of Bender and his mysterious golden twin, "Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver... and the other's gold!"

Now there's south park, lost, transformers figures all coming out. This is gonig to be a good christmas.

Now there's south park, lost, transformers figures all coming out. This is gonig to be a good christmas.

I hope my wallet didn't hear you say that...

I collect Transformers. TF fan, only Gen 1 though. None of this new TF crap. I do have the giant Unicron though.

All packed up at the moment and ready to be moved to my new home.

Update of my collection, got more of the Trading arts FF figures and a wall unit to store them in.

P1000072.jpg

Update of my collection, got more of the Trading arts FF figures and a wall unit to store them in.

Those cabinets are great, aren't they. I'm so lazy I still have the sticker on my cabinets. On the topic of new additions I've decided to collect the Nightmare before Christmas line from NECA. The fact they're going through mostly every (relatively important) character to appear in the film makes for a surprisingly diverse collection. Plus aside Jack, character variants are pretty much non-existent. What's nice is all the Jack variants are awesome (Santa Jack, Bedtime Jack, Pirate Jack, Pumpkin King Jack), so I'll be getting those as well.

Once I can be arsed to go to Ikea for more cabinets, I'll be able to space all my figures out better. Right now they're just kind of cramped up. I have a horrible habit of wanting to have all the accessories of a figure displayed also, since most of the time they're really cool.

Expo checklist at the moment is:

-South Park figures I don't have (Hopefully series 3 will be shipping by Expo)

-Lost figures (might not be out for expo, but Play.com should work at £10 each)

-Nightmare before Christmas figures (Expo is riddled with these)

-Street Fighter figures (Although I'm not too happy with the direction the line is taking)

-Any other Halo figures going cheaply

Are you going to the London Expo, Caris?

Negative, i live in Newcastle so its quite the journey, however im joining you in the Lost collection, there really really nice figures.

Negative, i live in Newcastle so its quite the journey, however im joining you in the Lost collection, there really really nice figures.

Yeah, I'm totally looking forward to them. I'm kinda hoping the line goes the stretch and we see all the characters realised in plastic. McFarlane has a great production quality that results in you getting mid-end statues rather than action figures at very affordable prices. Really looking forward to seeing some more of their Simpsons/Hanna-Barbera work as well since everything they've done so far has been excellent.

[Zelda figure edit]

Darn it, I really don't want to have to buy these as they're expensive... but they are looking mighty tempting. I'm not really a huge fan of Majoras Mask, so Might just go for the Ocarina of Time ones. It would be great to have a diorama of Link fighting Ganondorf and other statues in scale with Link and Ganondorf like say, the sages and other important characters. I'd even shell out for the bosses.

I'm also fairly keen on the idea of having a statue depicting Link pulling out the Master Sword with some kind of custom lighting installed with a blue glow blazing upwards.

Still, I need to see the quality of First4's work before I part with my cash. I'm pretty sure some of their previous work has been partial to the odd dodgy paint job.

Here's the update of my collection:

pa132228bv4.th.jpg

And here's my Star Wars collection (I've got a few Star Wars space ships too, but nowhere to put them):

pa132226gz4.th.jpg

It really is, it took me quite a while to set it up, too. I bought it in Hungary.

I also have a Lego Darth Vader, dunno where it is though, and it's probably broke.

I saw those resi 4 figures this week at uni.

actually pretty cool. the regenerators look nice :)

After much "some other time" decisions I was finally read to kick off my Nightmare Before Christmas action figure collection. Fortunately NECA is responsible for the line and they certainly don't make a crappy action figure.

I have Jack, Sally, Wolfman and Cyclops so far.. with the Harlequin Demon, Dr. Finklestein and Lock, Shock and Barrel on their way sometime this week.

Collection so far:

img0881oo1.jpg

Anyone wanting to start off should head towards the Disney Store, where both Jack and Sally are available for a mere £8.00 each. It was this great price that spurred me to try and pick up the rest of the line (although the best prices are on eBay). Talk about completist! If waves 1-5 are anything to go by I can see NECA making figures of pretty much every "bit part" character in the movie. Can't wait for their Sandy Claws.

Theres a pretty good figure and comic book shop in Wolverhampton, right in the center, near the Mander Center.

If anyone lives nearby...

On a bit of an Akira kick at the moment after finding a bunch of the McFarlane 3D Animation from Japan figures dirt cheap on eBay (around £2 each). They are stunning and this renewed love for the premise has led me to picking up the first manga book (pictured - it's huge!).

img0886aw2.th.jpg

Been wanting these for a while so it's nice to finally have them. Just Kaneda's bike to go.

----

On an unrelated note, the First4 Link and Samus statues should be out by now. Possibly available at London Expo, but cheap with delivery on Play.com. I'm scaling the 'net for reviews and images of the final product now... to no avail.

Sign in to follow this