NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

Starting an Action Figure Collection.

This thread has seriously inspired me to do some collecting, wouldn't mind some Futurama/American Dad figures, or something similar. Ay sites i can find these at, i've already been to the ones in this thread.

This thread has seriously inspired me to do some collecting, wouldn't mind some Futurama/American Dad figures, or something similar. Ay sites i can find these at, i've already been to the ones in this thread.

Moore did Fry, Leela and Bender figures an age ago. But they went out of production now and are relatively hard to find at a decent price. They are also kind of lame looking, although I still want to own them someday. Toybiz, I think, are producing a line of Futurama figures soon, so look out for those.

Also, in the spirit of collecting, here is today's complete toy haul from town/eBay deliveries:

IMG_0749.jpg

The3rd's new collection, featuring PC Tom & Jerry, with NO Cigarettes.

I'll get some pics up when it's assembled. It's an awesome classic Tom and Jerry set.

I can't believe they were selling it so cheap, plus someone had to have brought that in [As it goes at Cash Converters] and how much they bought it off him for.

Ah well. EEVILMURRAY WINS.

Shabbality.

I bought a quality action figure at collectormania the past weekend, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Cloud and Fenrir (the bike), cost me £40. Well worth it. Also bought a Hot Rod (The Transformer) bust for £15.

I bought a quality action figure at collectormania the past weekend, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Cloud and Fenrir (the bike), cost me £40. Well worth it. Also bought a Hot Rod (The Transformer) bust for £15.

I saw that on sale on a few stalls. It really is a fantastic figure. If I was more of a Final Fantasy VII fan I'd have snapped one up, but the series just doesn't talk to me like a 14" Chucky doll does.

...but the series just doesn't talk to me like a 14" Chucky doll does.

Oh dear God, get out of the house!*

I used to be into both action figures and collectables when I was younger, but I guess it didn't stick with me. Having said that, I would so buy this if it wasn't £130. In fact this Cloud statue is tempting me right now, so I'm just going to close the window before I do something stupid.

*Hey, that works on quite a few levels, doesn't it? Most of them hypocritical.

Great, so there are the Lost figures, the Samus figure, and a bunch of transformers coming out that i want. Stupid money.

I've finished my large Gundam, but am having reservations about painting it, mainly because the colours seem acceptable as they are. As soon as I get Shabba X back up and running I'll take a picture.

If you live in England and want to collection anime/game figures from a company based in Japan prepared to get raped pretty damn hard..... You will be paying £7-10 for something that should cost £1.50-3.00 on a regular basis...... You will have very few options and especially if you live in London you will have to hold back the tears as Forbiddon Planet scales back it's model selection bit by bit... It's a horrible time, it really is. ; ;

HOWEVER, if this doesn't faze you then good luck... It really is a fun hobby.... It's just not so easy in this country..... Oh and if you really want to add to your fun, when buying models that originally come in boxes where you can't see what you're getting, don't go the easy route of picking a model you want from the series and having the company just send it to you..... Get however many sealed boxes and let the suspence commence............ This of course is quite a bit more expensive....... lol In some cases the opposite can be said about Japan. lol

(This was aimed at the dude just starting in the first post. =P)

UPDATE:

Figures so far, Sorry about the bad picture.

dsc00036xg9.jpg

Just got the 5 Advent Children ones today, only £7.50 shipped Banging.

If anyone is after any Nightmare before Christmas or Pirates of the Carribean Neca figures, look no further than... the Disney store?

Yes, they sell the figures for £8 each, which is great compared to the high prices places like Forbidden Planet are asking. This fills me with joy and sadness, because I know it's rare to find high quality figures going that cheap. Only thing that is different is they're repackaged to read DISNEY STORE on them.

I picked up a 12" or so Jack Skeleton figure with like 10 alternative heads in there - it's great, so nice looking in it's box that I'm reluctant to open it.

Wheres a good place for South Park figures? gonna start on them in abit.

Forbidden Planet and most other comic stores stock the figures, although you're best ordering them online since brick and mortar stores are pretty expensive.

The London Expo in a few weeks should have some. A few of us on Eurofusion are trying to get an Expo meetup arranged, but if that's outta the question for you Collectormania G-MEX is also coming up in Manchester shortly after Expo.

The figure releases thus far are pictured here and consist of:

Series 1:

Cartman

Kenny

Chef

Big Gay Al

Officer Barbrady

Hip-Hop Cartman

Series 2:

Stan

Kyle and Ike

Mr Garisson

Mr Hankey

Token

Tooth Fairy Cartman

Series 3:

Timmy

Cop Cartman

Frozen Kenny

Mr Mackey

Jesus and God

Butters

Series 4: (upcoming)

Goth Stan

Jimmy

Terrance and Phillip

Awesom-O Cartman

Mephisto and Kevin

----

The figures are all pretty damned awesome. I plan to collect them all also, but it's going to take some time to find a lot of the series 1 figures I didn't bother to get back when they were widely available. Best bet for those is eBay with Chef being the hardest to find in my opinion.

The problem with Mezco's figure line is the goddamned variants. Sure, World of Springfield had at least ONE core Simpsons family member variant per wave, but both South Park and Family Guy waves have all had one/two variants. I want unique figures, not seven goddamned Peters. The variant issue is the reason I quit collecting the Family Guy figures a while back.

My personal hopes for figures in future waves are Mr. Slave, Wendy, Stan and Kyle's Dads, Batdad, Ms. Chokesondik, Satan, Professor Chaos Butters variant, Darth Chef variant, Jimbo and Ned and lastly any other adults like Kyle and Cartman's moms. Stans mom also to complete the set. Hell, I'd even buy Kenny's parents and Stan's sister Shelly if they made them. Just so long as they're unique characters and not goddamned variants.

These are the ones I have so far. I decided on a variant of Kyle with his afro hair because I saw it and it cracked me up. Looking back I wish I'd picked up the hat-head Hankey kissed variant which has Kyle's cheeks covered in in Mr. Hankey "kisses" of the brown variety. Kenny's eyes came out weird in the picture but they're really fine - just a weird light thing I guess.

img0880ky9.th.jpg

I almost picked up Big Gay Al, Garisson and Token today but I was held back by the price.

Just got the 5 Advent Children ones today, only £7.50 shipped Banging.

Announcer: "HEY KIDS! NOW EVEN YOU CAN HAVE A MODEL OF SEPRIOTH IN THE FINAL FANTASY FAG COLLECTION!"

Sign in to follow this