NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

For all the Lord of the Rings fans...

Hopefully won't be a snore fest like the Lord Of. However the book was actually decent so could be something to watch.

Hopefully won't be a snore fest like the Lord Of. However the book was actually decent so could be something to watch.

Heathen!

Erm... Might be nice, depends a lot on the actors chosen too. Hobbit is more child oriented but it was a very fun book.

I really enjoyed reading The Hobbit. At least that's a book I could actually start and also finish. Not like this Lord of the Rings trilogy... I just thought it to be quite boring and long (I'm talking about the books, not the movies) and stuff. Meh.

Anyway, I'd like to see a movie of this. =3

I read the hobbit this year while camping, i thought it was great, and really set the scene for LOTR. It would be nice to see it as a movie and actually make a decent scene out of the battle at the end of the book which they didnt go much depth into.....Good news though

I should really read the hobbit, I agree LOTR is a bit slow, I still liked reading it, but I wouldn't read it again.

I've read, and enjoyed, 'The Hobbit'. I can't say the same for 'The Lord of the Rings': I'd read 100 pages, I'd moved a 100 metres.

There aren't enough fantasy films these days.

You know what, I'm gonna come out and say it: The Lord Of The Rings books were tiresome and insignificant. There was little point to them, little parallel with the human world and they were a chore to read. For a while I was taken in by the whole hype machine, and just had to read the books, and forced myself to think I was enjoying them, when really, I wasn't. The hobbit was fun when I was a small child, but ultimately, it all still comes to the same dungeons and dragons fantasy, pseudo-myth babble, which to be honest, even plenty of video games do better.

I did however quite like the films, I liked them enough, in fact, to get all three extended boxsets, so I'll be watching this regardless of whether it's any good or not.

I´ve read the LOTR trilogy (before it was a hype to read them) and i really enjoyed it, i couldn´t put them down after i started reading them. Same thing with the hobbit

Sign in to follow this