NEurope
The3rdChildren

Battle Royale - Film4 - 11:10pm Tonight (Saturday)

Just a head's up for anyone with Film4, that might want to watch a very gruesome and entertaining piece of Japanese cinema. I'm sure we've all heard about Battle Royale before, but here's a little synopsis to wet the apetites of those who have yet to experience this (in my opinion) classic.

BATTLE ROYALE.

With a rising crime rate, unemployment at an all-time high and school children rioting in the streets, Japan makes a drastic decision. To keep control of the streets the Government comes up with the idea of the Battle Royale survival programme, where a group of school kids will be taken to a remote island and forced to fight each other to the death, there by showing the population that they still have power over them. A randomly chosen school class is taken to the island, where their teacher (Beat Takeshi) explains the rules to the horrified teenagers, the only person who will get off alive is the last one standing. The kids are forced to choose how to survive, band together or set off on a killing spree, either only one will survive.

Catch it in under an hour on Film 4 at 11:10pm. GOGO.

This film comes highly recommended, and me and Guy will happily skype with anyone willing to watch this at the same time

This channel's on freeview right? I think ill be watching this, never actually seen it before.

such a good film....shame about me not having film four.

However, all those who can, should watch.

"Oh, 3rdChildren..." you'd cry, "I was so wanting to enjoy Battle Royale tonight. All I have in my room is terrestrial TV and the Internet on my PC."

The3rdChildren grinned knowingly.

"You really want to watch Battle Royale?"

The grin spread as a jolly roger flag was risen behind him.

"You can, by clicking this link. The following parts are all in the left hand scrollbar. Nobody needs to miss out this way."

Way ahead of you. Never seen it before, despite recommendations by just about everyone I've crossed.

On a sort of related note, anyone just catch The Long Good Friday on F4 earlier. Was a pretty good Gangster flick.

"You can, by clicking this link. The following parts are all in the left hand scrollbar. Nobody needs to miss out this way."

They have also done that with Clerks, for those who are interested. Not that I watched it illegally on YT or anything.

Mmm, how do i scan? (i dont really use freeview much, im at my dad's)

EDIT: Never mind, scanning now.

Mmm, how do i scan? (i dont really use freeview much, im at my dad's)

Should be in the menu somewhere to auto-update for new channels.

Dammit, cant find it with auto, or manual search.. :(

Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear that man. Maybe Film4 is on another channel for you?

im going to keep going through them... dammit, i don't wanna waqtch it on youtube, crap quality and all..

This film is a MUST have for any DVD collection, in fact it is one of my pride and joys, i love it so much i can still remember how i first felt when i first saw it (i had heard good things about it but never told what it was about which i think is the best way to watch it first time).

I like to think of myself as a collector of asian cinema, most my family and friends think i'm odd for watching asian films with subtitles, but everyone that i have managed to get to watch Battle Royale is amazed at how great it is and opens them up to other asian films

The characters are so great you just want to learn more about each and everyone, which is why i'm saving up to collect the manga.

And if the hollywood remake ever actually gets made (i hear someone has the rights to it but production hasn't started yet) i will find Saddams WMDs and destroy hollywood

Shoot I'm missing it, what freeview channel is film4? I can bust my flex down stairs and watch it on my tod.

Guy says 31, but i cant find it, im searching for a new aerial update or something...

Can't find it, ill just watch the end of wicker man instead.

I've been excited about watching this for a while and when I saw it in the newspaper TV film guide this morning I immediately went and set it to record on Sky+ :smile:

ah crap didn't realise Film4 had adverts during films... but guess what do you expect for a free service,

gah, i'll just toss in my DVD

For those of you who don't have it on DVD i'm sure you can get it quite cheap on Amazon.co.uk try, it's been out a good while now so it should be cheap enough

"

You are awesome.

The film has just instructed me to run, should I follow this piece of advice?

You should always do what great films tell you do.... RUN DEMONMIKE04 RUN *note: slight reference to another film, 10 moviebuff points to the 1st person to get it*