NEurope
Phube

Rip-off Britain...

I'm kinda pissed off, £150 would have been great. £180 is just a pain in the arse. Looks like just Metroid for me then :(.

Metroid has been delayed to 2007 mate..

an 8 GB Ipod Nano is the same price as the Wii bundle.

Now THAT is what i call a rip-off

It is annoying how we have to pay more for it than anyone else. I'm not saying ought about the price here as it clearly isn't the point of this thread. May important.

an 8 GB Ipod Nano is the same price as the Wii bundle.

Now THAT is what i call a rip-off

the nano or the Wii?

The Gamecube was £130 - can be bought brand new for around £50 now. It cost £130 over 4 years ago, and the Wii is just a small upgrade from that with some new features and motion sensing.

Its not a horrible price, but, in my opinion its alot for a system that has such...out of date specs? I was expecting no more than £150. I don't think I will have the money to get a Wii sadly.

I still cant wait till I can play one though, but this has took a bit of the shine off for me...

Only Zelda:TP and the Wii for me.

Same here, but thats not becasue of the price, it's because my parents say I shouldn't buy loads of stuff straight away (I'm also getting a second controller at launch, for tennis fun)

I'll probably get Red Steel at christmas.

Oh, and look on the bright side-a Wii and a premium 360 (if you know where to look) still costs less than the uber-ripoff that is the PS3.

I'm not happy with the price, but I'm not annoyed about it-it could easily have been higher.

I would be happy paying the massive VAT in this country, if it wasn't for the fact that the the amount of money the government spent on the preperation of the failed police force mergers is equivelent the cost of training 500 new officers, and paying their saleries for a year.

Console Bundle: €249

Wii-mote: €39

Nunchuck: €19

Wii-Play: €40

Zelda: €50

Red-Steel: €50

And that makes almost €449.....hmmmmm better start saving!

Importing is the cheapest option. The tax is considerably less (5% to 8%), and everything from games to add-ons are cheaper.

It just means you'll have to stick with importing games, or get an Action Replay.

I very much doubt a price drop like last time. Before the reason was that ps2 and xbox were already out many moons before. And it was early May, where people don't really buy consoles, but some how back then it broke the UK console sales record. Which was soon broken by DS. And eventually smashed by psp.

Console Bundle: €249

Wii-mote: €39

Nunchuck: €19

Wii-Play: €40

Zelda: €50

Red-Steel: €50

And that makes almost €449.....hmmmmm better start saving!

The bundle will include a White Wii console, one Wii-mote, one Nunchuck and WiiSports.

Paying more than anyone else is nothing new, but it does mean wii+zelda for me, everything else will have to wait untill christmas.

And £45 for a new pad, that is pricy.

Edit: what is wii-play?

Then you'll have 3 wii-motes and 2 nun-chucks,your choice.I'm gonna get an extra wii-mote and nunchuck.

Wii-play is 9 games like duck hunt ,air hocky and stuff and comes with an extra Wii-mote.

Well I can always pick another nunchuck no problem anyways. Ill need a few controllers anyway, multiplayer animal that I am!

For those of you complaining about the comparison with other countries, vote Tory.

For those of you complaining about the general price, you're getting a free game and an extremely high tech controller combo with it. You're not just buying a D-Pad anymore. Those of you who'd thought it would be the same price are idiots. Quite frankly I think its a bargin.

I think is another name for wii sports.

Nope its a completely separate game, that includes Dunk Hunt, and 8 other mini-games.

I think is another name for wii sports.

no its a different compilation of sports games like laser hockey and table tennis.

Paying more than anyone else is nothing new, but it does mean wii+zelda for me, everything else will have to wait untill christmas.

And £45 for a new pad, that is pricy.

Edit: what is wii-play?

By my calculations, from Play.com, a Wiimote is £25 and the nunchuck is £13.

Last time I checked, 25+13=37, not 45...

Wii play is a collection of minigames, such as pool, table tennis, and Wii shoot.

Watch the video from the New York event of gameplay of various games on gamespot.

I don't have a link (sorry), but it's a good watch, and Wii play is in there somewhere.

According to Play.com, it comes with a Wiimote (but not a nunchuck).

Wii play is a collection of minigames, such as pool, table tennis, and Wii shoot.

Watch the video from the New York event of gameplay of various games on gamespot.

I don't have a link (sorry), but it's a good watch, and Wii play is in there somewhere.

According to Play.com, it comes with a Wiimote (but not a nunchuck).

Read the European details page on N-Europe, the RRPs are 29 for the Wiimote and 14 for the nunchuk. I started all this anyway by saying APPROXIMATELY 45 quid, it's around 43 really, I rounded it up.

By my calculations 25 +13 = 38

ROFL!!!!

Oh, shut up already.^^

Here in Denmark the price will be at the very least £180. This is best case scenario. However, the most possible price is £208 due to taxes and such. Yikes. I don't want to hear ANY more complaining about the price. Hehe.

All the desperate nintendo fanboys are saying ' oh come on it isnt that bad '

well it flippin is and you know it, but just too afraid to admit it.

the gamecube wasnt £180! ok its better hardware but so was the gamecube 4(?) years back.

the big thing is:

£45 for just another pair of controllers. i thought the official GC pad was a rip off at £25. well flippin look at this! £45 more just so you can play multiplayer with a friend. very family friendly isnt it. £180 just so one person can play at a time. how involving. think about it:

if you want 4 player then:

3 nunchuks and 3 wiimotes comes to a total of £135 - just for 4 player. I could play four player for £40 on GC. revolting.

i will certainly not be getting it at launch. probably have to wait for 2 price drops

me = not happy

We pay more taxes in Europe and in turn make sure that more people lead a higher quality of life.

Search around for poverty rates in the USA and the EU.

For example in the UK everybody is entitled to free health care. Think of cases like the women asking for Herceptin. This is an alleged 'wonder drug' that helps tackle certain forms of cancer. I believe her dose cost £30,000, but someone will have to check that for me. She got that free. In the USA she would have had to pay for it out of her own money.

To stop that happening most Americans pay health insurance. Some can't afford it, so they just have to go without advanced healthcare. That sounds appalling to me, but I suppose we in Europe are brought up expecting different things to those who live in America.

So in short, what would you rather do, pay tax on your Wii, knowing you are helping people less fortunate than yourself and even helping yourself when you are one of those people, or get your Wii a few pounds cheaper and stuff everyone else?

EDIT I should have said, when you compare poverty rates make sure they both define poverty as the same thing!