Phube

Rip-off Britain...

To put this comment into perspective:

Japan (- Wii Sports) = £112.70

USA = £132.40

Australia = £159.50

Europe = £167.90

Britain = £179.99

Now I'm not moaning at the price, I'm moaning at the price compared with the rest of the world!!! It has ALWAYS been this way in the UK ever sine the NES, but still, but in 2006 it is a disgrace!!!

Please lock if you wish, I just needed to vent my spleen!!!

I am very annoyed about the price actually. I think its an outrage. Plus having to buy the two types of controller seperately (nunchuk, wiimote) i think its disgusting. I wont be getting a wii until there's a price drop.

money scam. nintendo obviously going to make huge money with the 2 seperate controllers. absolute con

I've said it in other posts too, it's ridiculous to be treated this way. Even with VAT added on to the price of the US Wii, it would still be about £150 - unless I've been misinformed.

I don't mind the price, I can pay the price. It's still a very good price. But it's the principle that we have to pay more than every other country in the world for the same console. We shouldn't have to.

It's not just games that are expensive. CDs are also very expensive.

However, somebody in the news board said that people in Britain earn high wages, so effectively, things balance out. If anyone can shed any light on this topic, it would be greatly appreciated.

It's not just games that are expensive. CDs are also very expensive.

However, somebody in the news board said that people in Britain earn high wages, so effectively, things balance out. If anyone can shed any light on this topic, it would be greatly appreciated.

Not just entertainment per say, EVERYTHING: Books, Alcohol, Cigarette, Cars, Clothes, Houses, Furniture, White goods...

Not just entertainment per say, EVERYTHING: Books, Alcohol, Cigarette, Cars, Clothes, Houses, Furniture, White goods...

That's true.

I got into a discussion with someone at work about this. We discussed how expensive it would be to live in London. But then, she quickly pointed out that people earn more (on average) in London, so it does even itself out.

Its great going on holiday, you can afford anything.

But yeah, its a gay price, but doesnt mean i cant afford it, i just need to refinance my shit

Bear in mind that you have to ship the things too. Then add VAT, customs duty and all the other wonderful little taxes we like over here.

Britain is more expensive because prices include taxes that simply don't exist in most countries.

That's true.

I got into a discussion with someone at work about this. We discussed how expensive it would be to live in London. But then, she quickly pointed out that people earn more (on average) in London, so it does even itself out.

London Weighting as it's known in the NHS is only worth about 10-15%.

A 3-bed semi in Leicester is on average £150,000 - 200,000. In London it's approx. £500,000+. You work it out!!!

It doesn't even itself out,if the Wii is a console for 'everyone' then 'everyone' can't get a Wii because not 'everyone' has a job or gets paid much that can buy things for themselves.

So much for affordable...

Don't forget to add the tax to the US system, they will end up paying around $300 at the checkout.

Just about every goddamn game uses the nunchuk, and its featured in every picture of the Wiimote nearly, so why seperately? It will cost approximately 45 pounds to buy a new full Wiimote.

Bear in mind that you have to ship the things too. Then add VAT, customs duty and all the other wonderful little taxes we like over here.

Britain is more expensive because prices include taxes that simply don't exist in most countries.

It doesn't even itself out,if the Wii is a console for 'everyone' then 'everyone' can't get a Wii because not 'everyone' has a job or gets paid much that can buy things for themselves.

Well, Iun has cleared a few things up. You have to actually get the damn consoles into the country, so shipping and taxing ahoy.

NOE said it was going to be under €250. It IS under €250. Its a great price, for a great console. New technology is never cheap, and in all fairness if you dont like it go fucking lump it!

Jesus!!

People need to stop complaining about the price. They are blowing this way out of proportion. Would it have been better if Nintendo said at E3 that it wasn't going to be cheap and have everyone expect to pay a Sh*tload:woops: . Then have Nintendo drop this info on us now about the actual price. I bet no one would be complaining then.:nono: :horse:

I'm kinda pissed off, £150 would have been great. £180 is just a pain in the arse. Looks like just Metroid for me then :(.

It's not the actual price that most of us are annoyed about. It's the fact that we are being made to pay more than the rest of the world. It's clear that this is due to the stupid amount of taxes we have over here though.

People need to stop complaining about the price. They are blowing this way out of proportion. Would it have been better if Nintendo said at E3 that it wasn't going to be cheap and have everyone expect to pay a Sh*tload:woops: . Then have Nintendo drop this info on us now about the actual price. I bet no one would be complaining then.:nono: :horse:

Yout absolutely right. But they didn't. Say we are outraged.