NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

I wont be in when it's delivered, ill ahve to go collect it, 2 days later, so ill get it from a shop in town

I wont be in when it's delivered, ill ahve to go collect it, 2 days later, so ill get it from a shop in town

Another reason why i have to PLAN AHEAD and probably buy it from a shop.

Yes you should do. Depends on who you use and if you were one of the first.

GAMEPLAY are your best-bet.

Thats okay, im not getting it on launch, waste of money really, i can restrain for a few months. There'll be better bundles and lots of cheaper games.

All good things come to those that wait!

Maybe http://www.amazon.co.uk - but their delivery prices could hurt. :hmm:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=11072981 (delivery prices to ROI)

Gameplay will deliver games and accessories, but not consoles.

I checked out a few others, but no go. Sorry. :(

Have you seen there list prices - i thought games were going to be maximum of £40

Like I said, Play.com got me my 360 on day of launch. I trust them completely with Wii.

I'm not sure why everyone here doesn't trust online shopping..

I trust online shopping, but they haven't had any allocated stock and will take as many pre-orders as they can. So theres nothing stopping them taking 10,000 pre orders are only getting in 500 on release day. So i just feel i don't know where i stand with them. Amazon took so many 360 preorders they were still getting though pre-orders in late january/ early feb.

Online pre-ordering is what I have my doubts about.

Update :

Ive just pre-ordered a Wii-mote and nunchuck for ?38 from play, and although thats quite pricey i just remembered that 360 wireless pads are ?32.99, with no flash memory, speaker, motion sensitivity. Quite a bargin I say :D It will be interesting to see how much the PS3's (aka super computer) technologicly advanced wireless hand controlling system will be priced at.

________

Amber

Edited by fex

Online i would say gameplay

High Street possibly woolworths (with the 360 they didn't enforce and awful bundle packs)

________

Asian Amateur

Edited by fex

WOW, you have been taking too much notice of my posts.

Whatever plans i have about the Wii aren't going to be changed because of you, and seriously, go give you advice to someone else, i prefer not to have it.

EDIT: I'm preordering from 2 places because my local Gamestation couldnt gurantee me one. I was scared about the date not price, i wanted the price to be as low as possible, £180 seems too much for a Wii but i'm getting one anyway. It always snows where i live in December, this could stop it from being delivered and sorry! I don't want to wait any longer then i have too. I'm still preordering a American one! It was a blessing having a USA and UK GC so i'm doing it again. Frankly, i have no-idea why i'm even correcting you, but i've had enough of so many people voicing there bloody opinions as though they're always right, these last couple of days.

How can you afford to get 2 Wii's at launch?

How can you afford to get 2 Wii's at launch?

Savings my friend, savings. Thats all i'm saying.

Savings my friend, savings. Thats all i'm saying.

You been selling yourself on street corners again Owen? What a true Nintendo fan you are :D

You been selling yourself on street corners again Owen? What a true Nintendo fan you are :D

Damn.....my mum told me to sell my body to get a Wii! I just laughed..:blank:

:D

Owen. When I posted about the paranoia shown by people on this thread, I only quoted your post as it was the last one of many. Can I just make it clear that I wasn't particularly having a go at you.

My point still is that some people are still behaving as if it's going to be the end of the world if they don't get their Wii at 1 minute past midnight on the 8th. I just wish people would put everything into perspective - IT'S ONLY A GAMES CONSOLE!

If people are going to almost have a nervous breakdown over something like this, then heaven help them once they've left school/college and gone into the real world. . . .

Anyway, just to rub things in a bit, as a worker I don't need to save for the Wii - I'll just use some of my large monthly earnings to pay for it :grin:

Owen. When I posted about the paranoia shown by people on this thread, I only quoted your post as it was the last one of many. Can I just make it clear that I wasn't particularly having a go at you.

My point still is that some people are still behaving as if it's going to be the end of the world if they don't get their Wii at 1 minute past midnight on the 8th. I just wish people would put everything into perspective - IT'S ONLY A GAMES CONSOLE!

If people are going to almost have a nervous breakdown over something like this, then heaven help them once they've left school/college and gone into the real world. . . .

Anyway, just to rub things in a bit, as a worker I don't need to save for the Wii - I'll just use some of my large monthly earnings to pay for it :grin:

OK, thats fine! :)

Some people (like me) will get overly-excited though. I'm 19 but still a big-kid at heart when it comes to getting a new console!

AND i'm extremely impatient, i've said this on numourous occasions. I just wish people would let me and others act how we like.

Thanks anyway. Your a gentleman for replying back in such a mature manner.

Question - If i were to preorder (from gameplay or amazon) would the cash be atken out of my account on the day i place the order or the day of dispatch?

Question - If i were to preorder (from gameplay or amazon) would the cash be atken out of my account on the day i place the order or the day of dispatch?

Cash will be taken when it's dispatched.

Correct. If i was going to preorder online, which i'm not. Gameplay is my first and only choice. :hehe:

I know Play.com require that you have the money in your account at the actual time though, my preorder got rejected because I didn't.

I didn't pre-order my gamecube so don't know the answer to the following.

If, once we've pre-ordered, the price does go down before release (as could easily happen), do I assume that we would only pay the price at release and not at the time of ordering? Has anyone got stung by a particular company in the past?

It's my birthday on the 5th Oct, so i dont need to worry about finding the money. I don't know whether to pre order online (gameplay) or at gamestation. Trouble is i think i will spend my birthday money before the 8th december :S thats why i was thinking about putting the £180 when i go out and preorder (can you do that?) but for some reason i want to order offline.

Went into HMV and they have a deposit £30 now, and you wil lget a Wii.

No info on bundles, ive asked around and everywhere only knows what you get in the box and how much.

However GAME, one woman did know that Zelda was a launch title.....

I'm all for Owen getting paranoid about not getting a Wii at launch. That's part of what made the Xbox 360 launch so goddamned interesting.

It wouldn't be a console launch without Owen freaking out.

I used GAME online to pre order my Gamecube and DS. Gamecube arrived on the day, DS arrived a day early. It's the most reliable online service i've come across as i've ordered 15+ games in the last few years and they either come the day before release or release day, so i'll be using it again as soon as possible.

Console+Zelda+Splinter Cell+Red Steel

not gunna bother getting a Wii for a good while..might wait until smash bros comes out.

Really not happy bout the virtual console prices..i knew there would be a charge or course but thats steep. :(

im happy with my 360 at the mo so i dont NEED it..can live without zelda etc for a while :)