NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

This was originally posted in the thread I made about play.com but since nobody replied to it I thought I'd add it here.

But they had £40 as an estimate originally, why would they knock money off off their estimate if it meant them losing money?

I'm fairly confident all launch games will be priced the same. Because it's launch they all have a chance of selling well. The £39.99 RRP is probably going to be the highest pricing tier - Zelda. The others are going for as much as possible while they can. The other way of looking at it is that Zelda is the launch system seller. It's going to sell by the bucket load and it is in Nintendo's interest to make the best launch game at a reasonable price to sell systems. Afterall, if they don't sell millions of systems they aren't going to be able to sell future games. You catch me drift sonny?

The biggest drawback for me is that while cheap Play takes ages to deliver. Normally this isn't a problem but I need my Wii fix on day one so in this case I'm buying in store.

I may have the solution if your buying instore and Gamplay and others haven't dropped their prices like Play.com have at the moment. You still will be able to save money off the recommend retail price if you buy them from HMV onl launch day. I was in my local HMV this week and they have a free mag called HMV Games (which is pretty crappy) but there are money off vouchers inside:

£5 off a game if you spend over £35.

£8 off if you spend over £60.

I'd personally use the £5 off vouchers on any games (you get four of each by the way but as its a free mag you can grab more if needed) so the most you'll pay for zelda instore is £34.99.

I think the other online stores (Gameplay etc) will follow suit with Play.com and I'm waiting to see their prices drop as they will deliver your game on launch day or if your lucky the day before! however if they don't HMV is a good alternative as its only a couple of quid more than Play.com.

I have ordered my Wii from Game (no 9 on list) and reckon they'll match HMV's discounted games prices if you show them the vouchers if not it's their loss - either way your still gonna get your games cheaper!

Hope this helps - and obviously if anyone has any more money saving info then add to this thread. :grin:

Gameplay has been swallowed up by Game now. When I left in August, Gameplay had a nice little corner of the Game HQ all to itself, but after coming back in September, it's totally changed! Everybody is mingled with eachother and the little family we had = dead. Im on a contract and game owns my soul.:(

I'm not expecting Gameplay to lower their game prices.

GAME now take preorders on Wii games, I preordered Twilight Princess today. :)

Yea, I preorded Zelda, Wii Play, Red Steel, Mario and Metroid (latter 2 for when they come out). Only reason is for double points (they don't keep any copies for you).

GAME now take preorders on Wii games, I preordered Twilight Princess today. :)

I preordered TP when I preordered the Wii in september or whenever they introduced wii preorders

I finally preordered this week, in Game. I may have left it a bit late, I'm something like 150th on the list. :woops: I preordered Zelda as well, and they said they'd ring me when they knew for sure if I'd be able to get one on launch day. God I hope I do..

Which Game did you pre-order in? Is there one in the oul' Royal County?

The wii seems to be generating some good hype in Ireland. For the GC, Game on Grafton St. only had something like around 45 pre-orders

It won't be first come first served. It will be first pre-ordered first served. If 150 people pre-ordered and they got 100 units the first 100 people who put down a pre-order would get one, even if people in the last 50 got to the counter before them at the midnight launch.

This is the way the company are doing it. Any store that deviates would be in deep shit.

That's what they told me...

Which Game did you pre-order in? Is there one in the oul' Royal County?

The wii seems to be generating some good hype in Ireland. For the GC, Game on Grafton St. only had something like around 45 pre-orders

I don't actually know if there's a Game in Meath, I preordered mine in Game on Dawson St. I couldn't believe how many people had preordered already, might actually be able to talk to people about Nintendo now without being ridiculed!

I don't actually know if there's a Game in Meath, I preordered mine in Game on Dawson St. I couldn't believe how many people had preordered already, might actually be able to talk to people about Nintendo now without being ridiculed!

Are you heading in for the midnight launch? Thats where I pre-ordered too

Grr... when the hell are amazon gonna start taking preorders? They're taking their bloody time dontcha think.

I don't know why people are waiting for amazon

they'll be waiting for the pre orders to start, then they'll be waiting for their console 2 weeks after launch.

I don't know why people are waiting for amazon

they'll be waiting for the pre orders to start, then they'll be waiting for their console 2 weeks after launch.

Haha. I was waiting for Amazon, but something inside me snapped. After the doctor repaired my wishbone, I preordered elsewhere. I don't understand why Amazon are being so slow about it. Perhaps they had a disagreeable XBOX360 launch? :)

Perhaps they had a disagreeable XBOX360 launch? :)

Who didn't :heh:

Here's hoping they get the allocations in the next couple of weeks.Guess some people have faith in Amazon,I got my Cube from there.

Are you heading in for the midnight launch? Thats where I pre-ordered too

I might head in, I'll see if I can get a lift in. Otherwise I'll wait till the morning, I wouldn't feel very safe getting the Nitelink home holding onto the Wii for dear life.. Have you ever been to a midnight launch in Dublin? I wonder how many people turn out for them.

I might head in, I'll see if I can get a lift in. Otherwise I'll wait till the morning, I wouldn't feel very safe getting the Nitelink home holding onto the Wii for dear life.. Have you ever been to a midnight launch in Dublin? I wonder how many people turn out for them.

Nope never. I picked up my cube from Game Grafton St. at about 11am. Took the day of school and went up on the train with my brother :)

I'm gonna head in around 10pm and once i get it head to my mates gaff in D2 and play wii and eat pie!

Does Game require you put down a few quid for pre-ordering Wii games?

No, if you already have preordered the Wii console, then get them added to it

Who didn't :heh:

Here's hoping they get the allocations in the next couple of weeks.Guess some people have faith in Amazon,I got my Cube from there.

I got my DS from Amazon and I got it the day of release so I want to go with them again. Plus they're usually nice and cheap.

Deffo getting mine form amazon, get my cube games and stuff from them and they came on release, always good.

Why have American retailers left Wii pre-orders so late? EB only started theirs last week and Toys R Us are only starting on the 29th? European gamers could pre-order their well before the Americans and they get Wii first!

Why have American retailers left Wii pre-orders so late? EB only started theirs last week and Toys R Us are only starting on the 29th? European gamers could pre-order their well before the Americans and they get Wii first!

I think the retailers wanted to know how much they were getting first.

I think the retailers wanted to know how much they were getting first.

Which is what ours should've done too.

Apparently they're (UK retailers anyway) going to find out on the 29th now, not the 19th...

29th October? Thats leaving it pretty late tbh. Im 65th on my stores list even though i preordered on the day after they started to take them, I hope I get it

29th October? Thats leaving it pretty late tbh. Im 65th on my stores list even though i preordered on the day after they started to take them, I hope I get it

Yeah me too, because if you don't get one I have no hope of getting one! It's one of the bigger gaming shops in the country, hopefully they get a big allocation.

I seriously hope Nintendo releases at least a partial release schedule for the games soon, I want to pre-order some games but I need to know the release dates first (to save me a few euros with the Shipping, plus if I order at Gameplay I'll probably have a discount because of their "loyalty scheme").

I know that Zelda, Rayman, Red Steel and Super Monkey Ball are released on 8/12, but what about the following games, is there any official word if these are released on launch day:

-Elebits

-Trauma Center: Second Opinion

-Excite Truck (this one is supposed to be released in the US and Japan this year, but not Europe?)

-Metal Slug Anthology

-WarioWare: Smooth Moves (the US release was supposedly delayed until next year, but the Japanese release date is still December and all European online stores I've seen still list this as a December release; are we getting this game this year unlike the US, the same way they are getting Excite Truck and we supposedly aren't)?

Also, it would be nice if they could give some info on the "points cards" you can buy, since at least in Japan if you buy a 5000 points card you get a free classic controler...

It's a month and a half until the release date, what the hell are they waiting for? :wtf: