NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

Eh. Only £10. Rather get it pre-ordered now and have it done with. I know Play.com are reliable and have it to me on release day no hassle.

Plus, if you wait for launch-day deals before picking games, there is the risk that the games you want may sell out. That is doubly true for Zelda - remember the Ocarina of Time launch.

Maybe best to preorder what you definitely want, then you can probably find some decent deals for optional games. :)

Play.com dont ship to Ireland do they? I vaguely remember reading somewhere on their site that they dont ship electronics to Ireland.....

Where can we Irishmen order online and maybe save the price of a few pints?

Play.com dont ship to Ireland do they? I vaguely remember reading somewhere on their site that they dont ship electronics to Ireland...
Play.com doesn't ship orders to Portugal either... Why ohh, why!?

It sucks though, they have good pricing.

Play.com dont ship to Ireland do they? I vaguely remember reading somewhere on their site that they dont ship electronics to Ireland.....

Where can we Irishmen order online and maybe save the price of a few pints?

Maybe http://www.amazon.co.uk - but their delivery prices could hurt. :hmm:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=11072981 (delivery prices to ROI)

Gameplay will deliver games and accessories, but not consoles.

I checked out a few others, but no go. Sorry. :(

Will pre-order from gameplay when they have the facility in place , or I may head down to either my local Game or Gamestation and pre-order there.

I am a bit reluctant to use play as I honestly dont think they will get the thing to me on launch day.

problem with gamestation is they tend to take pre-orders without knowing how many they are getting, so the £20 down doesn't mean you will defenately get the machine on launch, does mean you can pre-order earlier though, as GAME will generally wait for more concrete details.

I'd never risk it pre ordering online, as i need it either 12:01am or 9am. I'll be preordering from Woolies (they wait for concrete alloaction of stock then pre-order) so will be def getting one, and 10% staff discount!! woohoo!!

What happens if the postie never brings it and 11am?!?!!

________

Kitchen Measures

Edited by fex

problem with gamestation is they tend to take pre-orders without knowing how many they are getting, so the £20 down doesn't mean you will defenately get the machine on launch, does mean you can pre-order earlier though, as GAME will generally wait for more concrete details.

Oh yes, GAME stores only took 15 xbox 360 pre-orders each.

/sarcasm

The GAME store in my town took pages and pages of 360 pre-orders and it was months before everyone got their console.

I really wouldn't worry about allocations for a Wii if you pre-order. Nintendo have already said they are going to have lots of units out there. I'd expect something like the DS Lite launch - where it was popular but stores had high stock levels to meet demand.

Also, if you go in and pre-order TODAY you WILL get one at launch because it is first-come-first-served at Gamestation and I assume at GAME too.

Just checked Gameplay and GAME websites this morning and still nothing is up. GAME have the Wii banner on the main page with details of its launch but you can still only register your interest. Hopefully by Monday we can start pre-ordering.

See...i was thinking about going with Gameplay (as they were great on my PSP, GC, 360 launches) BUT i'm really worried there could be a postal strike or it may be snowing come December 8th thus effecting delivery!

So i'm using my local Gamestation and Game, instead!

See...i was thinking about going with Gameplay (as they were great on my PSP, GC, 360 launches) BUT i'm really worried there could be a postal strike or it may be snowing come December 8th thus effecting delivery!

So i'm using my local Gamestation and Game, instead!

LOL!

I've been having great fun reading this thread.

You know, guys, that the world will still carry on revolving, you'll still be alive and everything will be OK even IF you don't manage to get the console on release day.

Yes, sure it's nice being one of the first (but then being European you won't be!!) but the amount of paranoia being shown by some people is laughable (or possibly even worrying).

I know I'll probably be flamed for not being a true Nintendo fan (even though I am), but just calm down.

Having said all that, I probably will be pre-ordering, but will wait a week or so while all the companies get their bundles and prices sorted out.

Oh, and can I take the crown for the youngest 43 year old?

I got an e-mail from HMV last night saying they were taking pre-orders today from 10am,but on the site they're not untill monday.Guess it's monday for them then.

Oh yes, GAME stores only took 15 xbox 360 pre-orders each.

/sarcasm

The GAME store in my town took pages and pages of 360 pre-orders and it was months before everyone got their console.

I really wouldn't worry about allocations for a Wii if you pre-order. Nintendo have already said they are going to have lots of units out there. I'd expect something like the DS Lite launch - where it was popular but stores had high stock levels to meet demand.

Also, if you go in and pre-order TODAY you WILL get one at launch because it is first-come-first-served at Gamestation and I assume at GAME too.

Your Game may have taken lots of "register your interests", but did they take pages and pages of actual £20 deposits? GAME was the only company (store company, online is a different company) who filled every deposit. As I said, register your interest is a different thing.

But yes, hopefully stock will be akin to the DS Lite, we got sixty of those buggers in and our levels have remained high.

Went into GAME in Manchester Fort today, and they're only still doing registering, as they "don't know how many they are getting yet"

So ive had to put my name down.

Oh well, hope its soon.

Meh, I wanna pre-order asap so I can be assured one but I dont wanna do it online...I just dont trust online console ordering

Ash...PM me when you guys know when yer doin it and I'll love you forever :p

I preordered my Wii at my local Gamestation earlier today.

Apparently i was the first one to preorder so the first Wii that shop gets in stock is mine. :grin:

Meh, I wanna pre-order asap so I can be assured one but I dont wanna do it online...I just dont trust online console ordering

Ash...PM me when you guys know when yer doin it and I'll love you forever :p

*shockface* You don't already?

If you trust me enough, PM me your mobile number and I'll text you.

Hehe went into Game today was a huge line but then I saw the manager on the shop floor so i asked him about Wii pre-orders same as said above he said I can put you on a list of those that they will call when they are taking pre-orders he put me 5th on the list then said i've still got to transfer all of the people that registered their interest ages ago onto this list. He said there were over a 100 so I timed it right snuck right in there

*shockface* You don't already?

If you trust me enough, PM me your mobile number and I'll text you.

Hmm...now does 6 years of friendship constitute as trust :p

I may as well give ya my new MSN and we chat about it when I get a chance :)

I want it to be December 8th now dammit :(

Hehe went into Game today was a huge line but then I saw the manager on the shop floor so i asked him about Wii pre-orders same as said above he said I can put you on a list of those that they will call when they are taking pre-orders he put me 5th on the list then said i've still got to transfer all of the people that registered their interest ages ago onto this list. He said there were over a 100 so I timed it right snuck right in there

Speaking of, that would be the third different type of Register Your Interest sheet we had. Our manager said not to do it, as he's lazy. But last time we had to transfer it I put my name at the top.