NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

Remember that it's 24 hour, they might be selling from midnight too. :o

*EDIT* I think that was the plan mind. >_> *EDIT*

lol, i had to queue for 12 hours last year for my 360. So id ring ASDA early and make sure theyre getting them, and ask if theirs a queue yet. I asked at 12pm, they said 3 ppl in queue for 360, i ran down their to get one of the six premium packs they had :P

lol, i had to queue for 12 hours last year for my 360. So id ring ASDA early and make sure theyre getting them, and ask if theirs a queue yet. I asked at 12pm, they said 3 ppl in queue for 360, i ran down their to get one of the six premium packs they had :P

Was this with or without a preorder?

Oh God, really? I was going to turn up about 10.30 and wait for an hour and a half. I'm screwed aren't I?

Thanks Nintendo.

Owen, you should be fine.

All the stock simply didnt arrive when Gameplay were expecting it to (today). They are sending out 10 pound vouchers to everybody affected and if you havent received an email yet, you should be fine.

If your order is still down as 'ordered' by noon tomorrow, i'd suggest making sure that your card has gone through properly.:)

No worries. I haven't recieved any email from Gameplay and my order status for all my wii stuff (except x2 Classic Controllers and a remote) are now saying 'being picked'.

Any idea where we can actually get more remotes? Everyone is having trouble getting them....

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!!!!!

i haven't been looking in this thread because i got a call from game to say my preorder was ok on sunday.... but i've just been reading that some stores aren't getting their allocation and other retaillers aren't able to fill hardly any order....

:hmm: does anyone know how badly game is affected? does my call mean the have my system confirmed or what???

please put me out of my misery someone...

Same ish story for me expect i didnt go to the trampy Liverpool store.

If you REALLY want a Wii get there for about 8 in the morning.

EDIT: at flinky, they dont take pre orders, its a 1st come 1st served wait.

Same ish story for me expect i didnt go to the trampy Liverpool store.

If you REALLY want a Wii get there for about 8 in the morning.

Can't, got work, booked Friday off to play. Were you all at big city stores though? Tamworth isn't exactly small, but it is compared to places like Brum n that.

that was WITHOUT a pre-order, ASDA dont do pre-orders.

Lol, im surprised geordie land has an asda, bunch of scums up their. Get down to netto for a Wee.

Can't, got work, booked Friday off to play. Were you all at big city stores though? Tamworth isn't exactly small, but it is compared to places like Brum n that.

i was at a big asda store inbetween a group of small towns, on the border of northwales/england. Not a big store at all compared to some. And after the 14 Xbox 360's in total had gone (6 prem 8 core) their was at least 10 more ppl wanting one, that we had to say fuck off to.

I've got no chance then. Looks like Friday will be a 360 day for me then. Might phone up Asda and ask about queues and stock and depending on the answer then I wont bother. Don't even know if it's worth a trip into town to look for one there.

In 24 hours I'll be queueing for my Wii!

I'm going down at 11:30.. I reckon i might be leaving it too late, might end up queuing a while.

The chap on the phone did say he'd bundle my stuff together though, so it should be simple go in flash the receipt pick up and pay.

Really REALLY sorry for all those that have been let down by Gameplay. Having being so close to the same thing happening to me I can understand how you must feel. I've been worried but as I have the status as 'being picked' and haven't recieved the bad email I assume i'm ok.

I haven't recieved any email from Gameplay and my order status for all my wii stuff (except x2 Classic Controllers and a remote) are now saying 'being picked'.
Same here for my Wii and games, but the component cable is still down as pre-ordered.

Anyway I'll just be grateful to get a Wii for Friday, especially after all the shit that's going on with retailers not getting 100% of their stock.

I've not got high hopes for my Wii Play order at Play.com though, has anyone else ordered it from there?

I ordered mine on the 26th of September, as soon as they went online.

Does anyone know if amazon are affected by this?
At the moment it seems to be just Gameplay and Woolworths, not too sure though.

I know I still think you have a fairly good chance at ASDA. Think about it most people in Tamworth WILL have preordered via Gamestation/game. ASDA don't do pre orderes I say get there for 11pm and try your luck I know I'm going to be there.

It beats sitting at home on Friday and sulking with your 360 thinking about what could have been,

If this is a distribution problem, I can't see that its just one or two retailers who'll have problems. Check with your supplier.

That said, I've checked around and a couple of retailers DO have spare units not allocated to preorders. My local Toysrus have 37 pre-orders, and 12 spare units for general sale. Check with your retailer, and if your unlucky, good luck finding another retailer.

America. A Successful Launch. Japan. Another Successful Launch. UK Launch. A Joke.

Want to know how bad PC world suck?

I emailed them a week ago to cancel my preorder, as they said i wouldnt get mine launch day.

Email reply this morning, a good 7 days after my email. All cancelled.

Just checked voicemail. They want another credit card to credit for my Nintendo Wii.

WTF!

For those wanting to know. I placed my Gameplay order at 2pm on the 26th September and they're shipping mine :)

America. A Successful Launch. Japan. Another Successful Launch. UK Launch. A Joke.

To be fair, the American launch had some pretty hardcore distribution problems, too.

It's shipping NOW Serebii? Mine's still 'Being Picked'

And I ordered it at about 4pm on that day for those interested