NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

My Wii has just had a * slapped next to it with a message at the bottom saying,

"* This date is based on the release date of the product and is not a guaranteed dispatch date. It will depend on stock levels at launch. Due to high demand this may not be a guaranteed dispatch date"

Oh my.

Yeah, same here. But i think it's mainly because people keep making threads going "if i order today will i get one on launch? Seeing how it says despatch date today"

Called Gameplay just 10 minutes ago.

The chap was initially very helpful, stating that some emails may have gone out but unless you hear that you will not be getting a Wii on day of release assume you'll be getting one.

Now heres the bad news. Gameplay are unsure if they are receiving their FULL allocation in time for dispatch. This means some people may be disappointed. Although, that said it does seem extremely strange that they've still not received their allocation...

My Wii has just had a * slapped next to it with a message at the bottom saying,

"* This date is based on the release date of the product and is not a guaranteed dispatch date. It will depend on stock levels at launch. Due to high demand this may not be a guaranteed dispatch date"

Oh my.

Oh crapola - me too. I'm sure it'll be fine though... hopefully.

Well they've taken the money...just shy of 400 so I assume they havent charged for component, Wii Play anda t least one Wiimote and Nunchuck

However I too have the *. I'm thinking they just did it generally for everyone, afterall, why would they take my money if tey arent prepping

SHOULD be getting mine tomorrow which is surprising because with curry's online it takes at least 3 days after release date to get the item to you

untitled3sm3.jpg

SHOULD be getting mine tomorrow which is surprising because with curry's online it takes at least 3 days after release date to get the item to you

untitled3sm3.jpg

Nice. I'm getting mine from Curry's, but from the store itself. I've emailed them asking how many people have placed pre-orders at the branch I ordered from and how many that store will receive, but I haven't gotten a reply yet...

My status has just changed to being picked!

Check your status guys! :grin:

Same here, except for 3 items... Component cable (NOOOOOO! Hopefully it won't TOO bad on my 92" screen :( ).

The wiimote, and classic controller, however i still get a wiimote with WiiPlay which is being picked too :D

Mine too! I was just a little nervous because my best friend had two preorders at other shops cancelled.

Now I can relax. :D

EDIT: RGB cable is still on preorder but I'm not worried about that - I just want the console!

Woo got in and my Gameplay preorder is Being Picked. I was going to panic after reading through the last few pages of this exploding thread but i'm calming now. My Wii Play order at HMV and Zelda order at play.com are still just 'preordered'

Woohoo same here, everything apart from 1 extra Wiimote...i have nunchuck on its way though.

Oh, well thats good

I'm getting Zelda, Monkey Ball, Wii Play and 3 Nunchucks

WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER WIIMOTES ;-;

This is the stuff being picked at the moment.

Nintendo Wii Console - White + Wii Sports

The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess

Red Steel

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Super Monkey Ball - Banana Blitz

Wii Play - Includes Wii Remote

Wii Nunchuk

:D

The Classic controller, extra wiimote + component cables are the ones still on preorder.

Man i can't wait :D.

my order at play3k hasn't changed, they're starting to piss me off now!

I don't think you get one from there if my experience with them is anything to go by. I originally ordered from there but also ordered an xbox game the same day to see what they were like at delivering...it didn't turn up a week and a half later, despite it being in stock and apparently set for dispatch in 24 hours, they didn't even take the money, so cancelled it.

People who have orderd things from game.co.uk when you type in your number into order tracking does it say its been sent?

Under order history its as dispatched then when i type in the number and name for tracking it still says picking. No money has gone for my acount. They sent me a email yesterday to say it was dispatched too (how rude!).

Monkey ball from choices uk still saying preorder. Looks like just wiisports for launch....:hmm:

gameplay not meeting launch date:

Dear ****

Recently we sent you an email confirming that you would be receiving order

****for release date on Friday 08/12/06.

This date was based on delivery of all of our launch stock arriving in time for

us to pick, pack and despatch to you. This is a precautionary email as we are

still awaiting part of our allocation from Nintendo to arrive and subsequently,

we won’t be able to ship your order in time for Friday. We can assure you that a

console will be with you within the week and you should not be concerned if it

is a Christmas gift. We will continue to communicate with you regularly about

availability over the next 72 hours.

Our sincere apologies for this situation, please accept this £10 off e-voucher

for your next order, we understand this doesn’t come close to the joy of

receiving a new console but hope it will go some way to ease the inconvenience

caused from this delay.

£10 off e-voucher code – *****

Once again, please accept our apologies for this situation and thanks for your

understanding.

Please note that obviously your card has not been charged for this order and

won't be until we despatch.

Regards

Gameplay Crew

gameplay not meeting launch date:

Ah man unlucky at least you get a tenner I guess :hmm:

I don't think you get one from there if my experience with them is anything to go by. I originally ordered from there but also ordered an xbox game the same day to see what they were like at delivering...it didn't turn up a week and a half later, despite it being in stock and apparently set for dispatch in 24 hours, they didn't even take the money, so cancelled it.

Damn, im gonna wait until tommorow until 6pm, if the order hasn't changed, then going to cancel and go searching on friday or even go asda at midnight hoping they'll have their's in stock for me to buy....Anyone know if the midnite launch at oxford is for mostly pre-orders, will there be a chance of me getting one withou a pre-order?

It seems they have some, but not enough. Thankfully I have another pre-order - it was on ebay... but no longer!

Nice. I'm getting mine from Curry's, but from the store itself. I've emailed them asking how many people have placed pre-orders at the branch I ordered from and how many that store will receive, but I haven't gotten a reply yet...

Hey mate, when did you pre-order, i work for Currys, and afaik only 20% of pre-orders will be available on launch.