NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

You get/win everything. This is beyond a joke now!

Meh, well done all you Game pre-orderers.

I seriously doubt Gamestation will ring me, or others for that matter. I think i'm just going to have to turn up and hope for the best. :heh:

*hugggssss*

You should have gone with GAME Flinky, always go with GAME.

Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone can tell me do you need to pay in full for the Woolworths preorder?

Thanks

Good old fox news. 'Fair and Balanced'...

Woolies was the choice of champions for me, I've got a mate who works in a local woolies, he got me 20% discount and is on instruction to 'hide' my wii from the other sales staff. Magic.

Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone can tell me do you need to pay in full for the Woolworths preorder?

Thanks

No you dont.

I emailed Amazon about when they would start preorders...
Dear customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

We are happy to inform that we accept pre-orders for "Nintendo Wii"

from 09:00 on Tuesday, November 21, 2006. Order early, because the

Wii console will be in very short supply.

We're working closely with Nintendo to maximise the number of

consoles we'll have for launch, and will stop taking pre-orders once

we've pre-sold all the consoles Nintendo allocate to us for release

day. We won't take pre-orders for more consoles than we can supply

for launch day.

Thank you for your interest at Amazon.co.uk.

I'm going to stay up until midnight anyway just incase...

When I emailed them, they had a different story to tell:

Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

Further to your query we are glad to inform you can preorder this

item "Nintendo Wii" on November 21, 2006 by 00.01.

We will pre-order this title from our supplier, and expect to obtain

copies directly following its release.

Please be informed that While we are confident that copies will be

made available, we cannot provide more precise information about the

fulfilment of the order.

As the item "Nintendo Wii" is proved to be popular, please note that

our supply of popular items is sometimes limited and some products

sell out quickly.

Warmest regards

Customer Service

Amazon.co.uk

I've pre-ordered with Gameplay and Toysrus, just in case. I've noticed that Gameplay are not discounting any software, despite Amazon and PLay.com doing so. I've emailed Gameplay, but had no response. Are Gameplay holding back on advertsing discounts or are they unlikely to offer them?

They are doing discounts when they get their allocations,untill then nothing will change.

I'm surprised Gameplay haven't had their allocations by now. I mean i recieved a email a few days ago last year stating my preorder for 360 was confirmed for launch.... I hope they don't leave it much longer because it will be like 2 weeks before launch when they tell us.....

It's kinda exciting, but like a nervous excitement! :bouncy:

So, so close now. We've all waited for which seems like 10 years for Wii!

Lets hope Gameplays allocations for games and accesories is high as well!

I've used Gameplay loads of times, but here, just three weeks to launch and they're claiming they still do not have their allocations. I'm very disapointed.

On a different note PCWorld have just put this up on their website:

Due to high demands, all pre orders taken on or after 6th November we are curently unable to guarentee delivery for launch day.

Good news for Wii and anyone who pre-ordered (ME!!) before 6 Nov! Also confirms delivery on LAUNCH not 5-7 days later as some had thought.

:bouncy:

2 Wiis for Me on launch!!

It's good to know retailers are finally STOPPING taking pre-orders so that we finally start to find out the launch allocations etc...

Paid Gamestation a visit today and I did/found out some interesting things:

They are having a midnight launch.

They are unsure of how many Wiis they are getting but will find out soon.

I now have a copy of Twilight Princess preordered.

I was the first person to preorder one so I am definately getting the console.

The pre-orders are not first come first serve, the people who preordered the console first will get the console first so no worries guys.

:hehe: I am now extremely excited.

Do you think it is necessary to pre order games? I haven't do so yet and I don't want to miss out on any of the games I want.

I went into Gamestation today hoping of any possibility for a pre-order. Luckily they were taking pre-orders and I'm garunteed one before Christmas (well I'm getting for Christmas).

I think I'll be getting Wii Play, Monkey Ball.

Is it worth getting Zelda on Wii or waiting for GC release?

Do you think it is necessary to pre order games? I haven't do so yet and I don't want to miss out on any of the games I want.

Don't worry the games won't sell out. You don't have to pre-order from them but it saves you from going into your local game store to pick them up.

I went to my local Gamestation to ask how many Wiis they were getting and they replied that they "were getting enough to satisfy all pre-orders". That's good enough for me :)

For any Irish FM's and readers out there:

http://www.cdwow.ie have dropped their Wii games prices to €51.99.

Games such as LoZ:TP, RedSteel, Warioware etc are all available for pre-order, but CDWow confirmed to me that games would not be dispatched until Nintendo's specified realease date, November 8th

Also Rampage Total Destruction is priced at €23.99

1163689071_big.jpg

Don't worry the games won't sell out.

Nor will the system itself. This isn't the PS3, it's not going to sell out (but I've pre-ordered mine, so I'm being hypocritical).

Nor will the system itself. This isn't the PS3, it's not going to sell out (but I've pre-ordered mine, so I'm being hypocritical).

Yeah, Nintendo have organised this pretty well. It's already known though that some of us won't be getting a Wii on launch though due to it being 'sold out'. Shorty, for example, but he still might get his instore.

Congratulations! The good news is that you were one of the first customers to have ordered a Wii from GAME.co.uk and we are happy to inform you that we are expecting to receive enough units of Wii from Nintendo, to fulfil your hardware order for launch!

Hehe go GAME! ^_^

Congratulations! The good news is that you were one of the first customers to have ordered a Wii from GAME.co.uk and we are happy to inform you that we are expecting to receive enough units of Wii from Nintendo, to fulfil your hardware order for launch!

Hehe go GAME! ^_^

WOOOHOOOOOOOO! I just got that email aswell. At least I know I have got 1 Wii on the way now.

:D I'm gonna be skint after the Wii. I just got 7 games this week. The Wii will cost me over £300 as I've got The Wii, Zelda, Red Steel, Monkey Ball and extre remote and nunchuck atachment too. Damn the remotes for been expensive like £44 for them together with the nunchuck :(

I'm really considering cancelling my Red Steel order...yet as I ordered it at the same time as Twilight Princess at Play when they were both £32.99 and used the '£3.99 off on orders over £50' offer to get Zelda for just like £29 i'd rather not. Mmm. The IGN and 1up reviews for Red Steel should help me make up my mind, as well as opinions from those playing it over in the US.

Confirmation please Gameplay! I'm getting slightly worried...

Well I got screwed by GAME. I suggest anyone who preordered online with them, email them. They could've at least told me now i've got to somehow get an order in somewhere else. I'm gonna go with Amazon the minute their preorders are up.