NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

Apparently now this is only a rumour I heard is that Ninendo is giving these countdown which says 'Days/hours/seconds until wii rock you' then when it countdowns to zero it plays the queen song I'm just going off what the game store manager said in Princess quay shopping center one

Has anyone got 'any' idea how many consoles GAME shops will get in each store?

Also i am right in saying that every GAME store will get at least 1 Wii right? :confused:

There won't be any stores that don't get one, thats what i meant?

When i asked the assistant he expected most stores to get around 50 units each, but believe what you will, all depends on location.

Neither GAME or Gamestation in Cambridge have much up for the Wii. Both have a simple A4 sized piece of paper.

I dunno about the Glasgow store (Sauchiehall street?) but the one in Dundee has already taken so many pre-orders the manager says there will definitely be a midnight launch for the Wii.

Na the one in the St. Enoch Centre. Here just say the GAME on Sauchiehall street does do a midnight launch but I've pre-ordered my Wii in the GAME a couple of blocks away, do you think I will be able to use my pre-order for that midnight launch meaning, should I phone the game and ask them to transfer my pre-order from one game store to the other?

Na the one in the St. Enoch Centre. Here just say the GAME on Sauchiehall street does do a midnight launch but I've pre-ordered my Wii in the GAME a couple of blocks away, do you think I will be able to use my pre-order for that midnight launch meaning, should I phone the game and ask them to transfer my pre-order from one game store to the other?

I asked about that, preorders are store specific.

I've pre-ordered mine. Went into Gamestation the other day, saw the boxes (as Stef' posted) to show that they were taking pre-orders, and put me name down.

I'm number 63. And, from the impression that i got from listening to him and a co-worker talking, they're being allocated a hundred units. Seems a bit high to mean, which makes me think he might be wrongly informed? This is the Brighton store, by the way.

I've pre-ordered mine. Went into Gamestation the other day, saw the boxes (as Stef' posted) to show that they were taking pre-orders, and put me name down.

I'm number 63. And, from the impression that i got from listening to him and a co-worker talking, they're being allocated a hundred units. Seems a bit high to mean, which makes me think he might be wrongly informed? This is the Brighton store, by the way.

Number 63 doesn't sound so good, put down a deposit somewhere else too.

I went in to GAME today and I'm:

111th, yes that is not a typo 111. :( I went to gamestation who were neraly at 60, and decided that GAME would probaly get more stock, the guy said that thinks the (large) Norwich store should be getting in one wii per pre-order. Norwich is in the top 5 shopping cities, and it was the biggest GAME store in the area, so I'm hopping the get more than 111. I also ordered Zelda:tp.

went into my local game, they have 20 oddpeople on their wating list, but didnt know their allocation, so ill sit tight on my internet pre-order. hopefully i'll get one sometime this year.

I'm only home on the 16th, so will probaly get mine for Christmas, so as long as I get it before the 25th I'm not to fussed.

it jsut shows how popular the Wii is already. Like Play's 7000 prii orders

it jsut shows how popular the Wii is already. Like Play's 7000 prii orders

Yup,it's looking good but I wonder if Eu will get a big enough allocation to cover the pre-orders and still have enough to sell them instore.

As long as I get me wii and might order another game still waiting on noe to get off their arses and put up a software lineup list

Yup,it's looking good but I wonder if Eu will get a big enough allocation to cover the pre-orders and still have enough to sell them instore.

how many did Nintendo say the US was getting 1 mil?

The EU is a large place, and probably, may be wrong, but where companies make there money most. So i think Nintendo will see this, and probably supply quite a fare few Wii's, at least the same or more than the US allocation.

Im a bit wary because you all saw the sales figure's for the DS lite in Japan. We are after Japan......I'm afraid that the japanese will be in demand for this buy a huge number and we may see a little less for here. Here's hoping though.

I think Japan will get more that Europe,they're will be a huge demand in Japan and it might effect Europe.

I think Europe will get 700,000 odd.

Isnt it 4million worldwide by December 31st?

Then 6 million worldwide by the end of their fiscal year (March '07..?)

I thought it was 1 mil worldwide by Dec 8th?

America get 1 million at launch, 4 million worldwide by the end of the year and 6 million worldwide by the end of the fiscal year.

So 4 mil by the end of the year, Japan will egt more of the allocation, so 1 mil goen to Us. 3 mil, maybe 2 mil for Japan and 1 mil for us Europeans.

This is by the end of the year, cos we all get it this year.

As long as I get mine I will be a very happy bunny.

So 4 mil by the end of the year, Japan will egt more of the allocation, so 1 mil goen to Us. 3 mil, maybe 2 mil for Japan and 1 mil for us Europeans.

This is by the end of the year, cos we all get it this year.

As long as I get mine I will be a very happy bunny.

The USA is getting the most and you forgot about Australia.