NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

I'm not holding out on getting my preorder from play! i ordered something on sunday and I'm still waiting for it now! it got posted on monday!so I reckon I'll be waiting well into the next week after launch to get one.

well went and pre-ordered with game today :)

they said they'd contact me closer to the time about games and accesories :)

Just pre-ordered at my Leicester Game. No.19 on the list, bloke said it'd be strange to get less than 20 systems so fingers crossed!!

I hope i get my pre-order in earrly enough

I'm going to be at uni when it comes out, but i can't get there 2 pre-order my system until saturday

i registered my interest and they said that they were gonna get about 100 systems on day 1, but there were over 400 registers so far. but they said the pre-orders will determine who gets theirs first. hopefully they won't all fill up in 3 days.

I'm worried that I wont get one. Does anyone know how many 360's with made available in the UK at the 360 launch and how many each store got?

I hope i get my pre-order in earrly enough

I'm going to be at uni when it comes out, but i can't get there 2 pre-order my system until saturday

i registered my interest and they said that they were gonna get about 100 systems on day 1, but there were over 400 registers so far. but they said the pre-orders will determine who gets theirs first. hopefully they won't all fill up in 3 days.

you see this is the same problem I have, could have waited till i got back to uni, but decided against it. thats why i preordered at play as soon as they went up, having said that I'm still gonna go to gamestation when i get there and preorder one just in case.

Moria I'm worried that I wont get one. Does anyone know how many 360's with made available in the UK at the 360 launch and how many each store got?

I don't know how many the UK got, but I can give you an example of how few some stores got, HMV Middlesborough got just three 360's, and middlesboro is a fair sized store.

I'm sure that Nintendo will have plenty available at launch :)

more than MS did anyway

Microsoft didn't say how many were available.However they were holding a percentage back to increase the demand

I'm worried that I wont get one. Does anyone know how many 360's with made available in the UK at the 360 launch and how many each store got?

Don't know but Europe on the whole got 300,000 Xbox360 Units so I'd estimate that the UK got roughly 30 to 50 thousand units...probably.

i pre-ordered mine at game yesterday and i was number 73 on the list. i hope i get one should i pre-order somewhere else?

i pre-ordered mine at game yesterday and i was number 73 on the list. i hope i get one should i pre-order somewhere else?

This is the danger now, its been a while since it was announced and queues are beginning to form.

However 2 things

Didnt the head of Nintendo UK say that he was confident that there would be enough cosoles to meet pre orders as well as to still have some on the shelf for impulse purchases?

And

It might not be all that bad. If its first come first served then just scoot down early and then person No 80 has just swiped person No 1's console! *evil smile*

i thought that too. problem is i have to work that day so do i pull a sicky and get down there at 6 and queue up for my wii, and get a macdonald breakfast at the same time.

i thought that too. problem is i have to work that day so do i pull a sicky and get down there at 6 and queue up for my wii, and get a macdonald breakfast at the same time.

Well tho thats exactly what Im doing!(sans the maccy ds breakfeast, veggie living and all!)

Try and get the day off maybe (or just say nothing and get "sick")

Do you live in a large town?

Would 6am be EARLY enough?

Well tho thats exactly what Im doing!(sans the maccy ds breakfeast, veggie living and all!)

Try and get the day off maybe (or just say nothing and get "sick")

sorry about the maccy d's but i dont think you are too bothered

day off is not an option i have booked all my holiday and it is too busy for them to give it to me. so sickness is the only answer.

Do you live in a large town?

i live in the southwest, exeter it is a large city by devon standards but i was surprised they had 72 pre-orders when i went in. i was truely shocked.

Would 6am be EARLY enough?

that is my thought, maybe 5 am i will have DS to hand for those long hours of waiting. i could just call in and say i was going to be late.

2 questions (as I'm 19 on the list, and did it at 7pm yesterday!):

1) Where do you live?

2) How many Game's in your area?

Because in Leicester City centre there are 3, which must help!!

sorry about the maccy d's but i dont think you are too bothered

Yeah you are right Im not bothered at all!

that is my thought, maybe 5 am i will have DS to hand for those long hours of waiting. i could just call in and say i was going to be late.

Even though I am No 1 on the list from my gamestop Im really worried about getting one! Might get my mate to spend the night outside with me!

Sounds like you have your answer what an hour or so late? Wouldnt be too bad but then you spend ALL day waiting to play it!!!!!

i'm sure if you get the store as soon as it opens they will give you one as there not gnna make you wait and get out there list see where you were on the list and the wait for all the people before you to get there consoles before they get down to you.

but i dnt work in a game shop and don't know how these things work

2 questions (as I'm 19 on the list, and did it at 7pm yesterday!):

1) Where do you live?

2) How many Game's in your area?

Because in Leicester City centre there are 3, which must help!!

i live in exeter devon and there are 2 game stores i main store (where i preordered) and one in the basement of debenhams which is tiny and never has anything. so really there is only 1 proper game store.

i dont mind not playing it till i get home as long as i can i would hate to get home that night and not have one to play.:cry:

I have already put my £30 down at HMVs flagship London Store (Oxford St), but I called them today to ask what the preorder demand has been like so far. They declined to give me a figure, but said Preorders should be steady and that they "may" have a midnight launch.

What made me laugh though was that they claimed that the Wii launch wont be as frenzied and as in demand as PS3's

LOL - this is gonna be like PSP vs DS all over again. NO ONE will see Wii coming!

Crap, I hate how much we get ripped off in this country.. Did you ask if many people have pre-ordered with them so far? I haven't got around to it yet, I'll try and get it sorted this weekend.

Yeah I asked him what number I was and he pointed to a tiny number on my Reciept......Im number 65. Then he said I am actually number 66 because someone pre-ordered 2 on the same order. He told me though, that they expect to fulfill every pre-order althought they cant guarantee it, but "Nintendo are very good with assessing pre-orders"

I have already put my £30 down at HMVs flagship London Store (Oxford St), but I called them today to ask what the preorder demand has been like so far. They declined to give me a figure, but said Preorders should be steady and that they "may" have a midnight launch.

What made me laugh though was that they claimed that the Wii launch wont be as frenzied and as in demand as PS3's

LOL - this is gonna be like PSP vs DS all over again. NO ONE will see Wii coming!

Yeah im gonna go there sometime next week to preorder.

Wouldnt it be nice if the Wii wasnt as big a launch as expected.

At least that way we might ALL get one for launch!

And if anyone gets in my way, WATCH OUT!

I pre-ordered in one of the Games in Sheffield earlier today. I was 11th on the list.

edit: I also found out that Game do student discounts: so those in uni, take your U-Card when you buy the console.

I just put another £60 onto my preorder at Gamestation so I'll only have to pay £100 at launch now. Hopefully I'll be able to put some more on, but even if I'm only paying £100 for it on the day that seems a lot less as I've paid a lot of it already.

I pre-ordered in one of the Games in Sheffield earlier today. I was 11th on the list.

edit: I also found out that Game do student discounts: so those in uni, take your U-Card when you buy the console.

i thought that you didn't get it on hardware? i suppose you could get it on the extra games. i am not a student though :weep: