NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

Ask them, I dunno if they would do so on hardware as theres a small margin on it. Never know though.

Anyway, GAME is taking pre-orders...sorta. Here is the sitch;

You go in and put £20 on a giftcard. They take your details and such and keep the giftcard, and give you the receipt. When a proper deposit scheme happens (ie when they know their stock allocation) they will then use your £20 and pay for the deposit, and then just let you know whats going on by phoning you. Its not really depositing, they have dubbed it "get in queue".

Can you inform us on any bundles plz

I'll probably be down at the Game in Bradford at midnight (see you down there if your going) to makesure i get everything. Only have maths on a friday so it doesn't really matter for me I'll just do all my work the week before. It'll take my mind of waiting till thursday night anyway.

The bundle I want from Game is four games and an extra remote+controler. Wonder if I'll get it for £350?

Can you inform us on any bundles plz

Yes, when we know them, which would be around November 21st at the earliest. (Or maybe not, but you know, it'll be a while)

So it's a pre-deposit deposit thing?

I think I'll wait for Gameplay. :P Of course, if I miss that, I still have my Play.com preorder as backup.

I'd just prefer to go in, pre-order, and be done with it. Not put money down, wait for a phone call (which would be pointless since I am deaf and cannot use phones), then put the same money down AGAIN.

Turns out my game store's till is fubared so I gotta wait til tomorrow before I can pre-order...maybe tuesday x,x

Pre-ordered mine from Chips yesterday :)

I made a vow many moons ago to never pre-order from GAME after I pre-ordered Perfect Dark then they sold it to some one else the swines!

I really need to get mine pre ordered. But living in Shetland sucks, theres no propper game stores!

Here's some news for people who are waiting to pre-order from GAME (rather than Gamestation who are already taking pre-orders, meh whatever you guys want): GAME will be taking pre-orders for the Wii from this Thursday.

Here's some news for people who are waiting to pre-order from GAME (rather than Gamestation who are already taking pre-orders, meh whatever you guys want): GAME will be taking pre-orders for the Wii from this Thursday.

Game said Monday for my store

The 23rd? That was yesterday. Unless you mean October and I doubt that. Perhaps the Thursday is when stores are getting all their POS stuff and they can take pre-orders from Monday? I guess we'll find out when people start reporting their GAME pre-orders. Of course it doesn't bother me as I've had my pre-order in at Gamestation for over a week.

My store said there not starting preorders yet, should be in about a week, they haven't got any details....

what about Toys R Us folks, anyone heard anything from them? They normally do the best bundles and plus, theres one virtually on my doorstep. I'd much rather walk three minutes up the road to get my Wii than take the car/bus/train.

Well I filled in the "register your interest" form on ToysRUs website, but haven't heard anything yet. But then again, haven't heard from any of the sites that I've done this on.

Hopefully soon.

My local Game has now started ringing up people to preorder a Wii.

I'm third on my Gamestation list and Second on my Game list. I should be fine! :)

checked at my local game again and they still are not pre ordering, they said they have the codes in the till but apprently they said its something to do with head office so they wont take them yet, will be checking back there on wednesday.

Probably sorting out their terms and conditions so that it is a non refundable deposit and they make you buy 5 launch party titles like they did with the 360 packs.

If you pre-ordered a premium 360 and paid your £20.. turned up on launch day they would only give you a core pack, if you wanted a premium you had to buy 5 launch titles at full price.

I thought that was well harsh.. it was a GAME store by the way.

Well, after college, i was home early, i said to my um to go out ot Manchester Fort, mainly to trade in games towards that new Game Gift card thing.

So then occured a big discussion ranging from working there to the pre-order of the Wii.

So yeah GAME in Manchester Fort started phoning peopel to preorder I think he said yesterday. They still don't know their allocations, however all i know is I'm second in the queue :D

Anyone else now about this sticker thing they got? I got 2 books of stickers, the stickers give an extra 10% more value on your trade ins. So.....cool.

Also yeah there's a new law the manager of the store told us, that there's no discrimation in ages, so now i can at least apply for GAME. apart from having to call for a senior person to sell an 18 rated game I can work there :D :D gonna do a CV and stuff now.

I'm not buying one on launch day. I'm gonna wait for a little while before I get mine. :)

The age discrimination is a new law, it's meant to stop age discrimination but the stupid thing is it's not that well enforced.

If the manager doesn't want to hire you then he will get away with giving preferential treatment to an older person.

The fact kids will work for peanuts and are easily disposable may lead to jobs for over 18s being allocated to monkeys. I dunno.