NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

Went to my Local Game today and asked the Manager when they would start the perorders and he said they will be hope fully starting in the 3 to 5 days, Also while I was in there one of the posters for the Wii said at the bottom they have limited stock. I will be going back to the store on Tuesday to see if they have started pre orders.

Game are now taking pre-orders. They called me earlier today.

£20 as usual.

I asked at my local Game and they said Monday/Tuesday next week, I stupidly forgot to ask whether next week was Monday coming or the Monday after.

I preorderd my Wii at GameStation too for £20. Number 19 on the list, they're opening at midnight as well!!

Also while I was in there one of the posters for the Wii said at the bottom they have limited stock.

No shit

Chara Limit

silly question i think, but does anyone know hoe much Wii Play will cost? I'd like to get it and depending on whether its £30 or £20 this will affect he total amount i have to save up.

PS does anyone who works in GAME know what kind of bundles they will be doing yet?

Like a Wii + Wii Play + Zelda for £250 or something?

Right now, i got £196.86

I will get £120 form one job in the 11 weeks until it comes out. making that £229.86. I would like to kno before i quit my paper round. If I stay on with it I'll get at least £77 in the 11 more weeks of about £7 a week. taking that up to over £300. If Wii play costs £39.99 then by my valvulation, getting a Wii + Wii play + Zelda + Red Steel + nunchuk + i think a classic controller will take up the total to £313.86.

I still dont have enough, but does anyone know if GAME are doing some sweet deals?

silly question i think, but does anyone know hoe much Wii Play will cost? I'd like to get it and depending on whether its £30 or £20 this will affect he total amount i have to save up.

PS does anyone who works in GAME know what kind of bundles they will be doing yet?

Like a Wii + Wii Play + Zelda for £250 or something?

Right now, i got £196.86

I will get £120 form one job in the 11 weeks until it comes out. making that £229.86. I would like to kno before i quit my paper round. If I stay on with it I'll get at least £77 in the 11 more weeks of about £7 a week. taking that up to over £300. If Wii play costs £39.99 then by my valvulation, getting a Wii + Wii play + Zelda + Red Steel + nunchuk + i think a classic controller will take up the total to £313.86.

I still dont have enough, but does anyone know if GAME are doing some sweet deals?

WiiPlay is 40 quid....

WiiPlay is 40 quid, but it comes with an extra wii remote packed so you basically get the game for 10 pound.

Seriously? Guess I'm getting that then.

Play.com are quoting a €287.99 price on Wii.

Why? Because Play.com's euro converter doesn't use real exchange rate to calculate euro prices. Instead they have their own exchange rate that is way higher than real one. Convertor bumps prices and Play.com takes difference between their and real exchange rate to their own pockets.

For last four years avoiding this rip-off was fairly easy. You just simply didn't use euro convertor and paid straight with pounds. Unfortunately, Play.com did decide just about two weeks ago they don't ship to other European countries if you try to pay with pounds. And that's really, really big mistake.

Why, you probably ask? Now, for example, I can't buy any product that costs 30 pounds from Play.com without paying taxes here. Main reason for this is that euro convertor bumps price over limit which below you don't need to pay VAT for your order. When package comes to Finland, customs take package to aside and ask me pay 11 euros in form of VAT. This negates any discounts that buying from Play.com would give. Same goes for Germany, France and probably many other European countries that have similar customs laws with Finland.

£20 as usual.

Which Game, where?? I demand to know... As mine haven't

I don't trust play.com. Simple reason - my sister preordered the Razorlight album from them - it took ages to arrive - a time after release!

I'm ordering everything from Amazon.co.uk as soon as pre-orders are activated. My lot will be:

Wii bundle

Second controller & nunchuk

Zelda Twilight Princess

Red Steel

Sorry, scrap that. I pre-ordered my Wii from Gamestation. Got sick of waiting for bloody Amazon :wink: Will possibly pre-order everything else from there too.

£20 as usual

i don't know how because at work we do have everything set up on the tills etc but head office wouldn't let them go through yet so it will be next week sometime and yes £20 down, but at the moment it doesn't gurantee a machine for launch as allocations haven't been sorted, but higher on the list means a better chance.

I just asked at my game and they said they werent sure when pre-orders will start

Strange, a friend of mine pre-ordered a Wii on Game 2 months ago.

I phoned game today and they said there taking them on Monday but I am going down on Sunday

I'm back from Game. They took my money, so I'm going to go ahead and assume that means I can have one at launch (two actually, ordered one for my sister too).

... erm canand, if they said they will be taking pre-orders on monday WHY oh WHY are you going on sunday?!?!

becusethis not not fair they keep on forgeting me when I pre-order something and every Game do pre-orders know and mine hasent I think there are just saying that so I cant get one so my mum is haveing a go at them

Got mine at Gamestation last week, two days after the EU announcment, I was still 34th on the list.

Got Zelda nailed down to.

Gah, i should get my pre-order down pretty swiftly. Will i need to put down a deposit if i pre-order with Gamestation?