NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

I'm number one in my store though with the 360 launch they made people buy 5 games at full price to get one.

If it is a non refundable £20 deposit I will be requiring a paper copy of the terms and conditions.

Be cautious consumers is what I say, big retailers like Argos, Tesco and Game often get good stock on top of their pre-orders before a certain date.

Don't get pwned by greedy ass managers.

Ah well seems like people are saying teh vouchers don't work. Looks like I will be waiting for GAME to take pre-orders.

Ah well seems like people are saying teh vouchers don't work. Looks like I will be waiting for GAME to take pre-orders.

But have you got you're name on a list!!!?? Get it down!!

Why, that list doesnt mean anything

Yep Serebii's right, that list just puts you down on there email list so when they start taking pre-orders everyone on there list will get an email.

Meh..if you register in-store you get a phonecall as they do not request an email address.

Good point..

To be hounest tho it makes no difference if you have your name down on there site or instore because the moment they start pre-orders everyone will know about it!

Good point..

To be hounest tho it makes no difference if you have your name down on there site or instore because the moment they start pre-orders everyone will know about it!

Very true, im waiting for this thread to explode when we can finally pre-order online.

Good point..

But the lad said (how reliable this is??) that you'll be contacted and given a number in order of the list!!!

The list in question - once we know whats happening everyone on that list will be contacted and be told what is happening. We know nothing more.

I'd guess we'd ring everyone on say a Wednesday and tell them pre-orders start on the following Friday. But as I said, the company tells us jack shit.

I phoned my friend who works in the GAME near me. She said they not taking pre-orders yet but will let me know when they are and will make sure that i get one on launch day!!

I love her :)

im gunna pre-order as soon as game allow preorders :)...me and bro are paying half each towards it now (with zelda and metroid)

im gunna pre-order as soon as game allow preorders :)...me and bro are paying half each towards it now (with zelda and metroid)

Sorry, but Metroid is a 2007 game now. It won't be at launch. :(

As said above i doubt the list means shit. Yes they will phone those on the list but it wouldn't surprise me if they put a big ass poster in the window saying pre-order now as well

As said above i doubt the list means shit. Yes they will phone those on the list but it wouldn't surprise me if they put a big ass poster in the window saying pre-order now as well

Again, just presuming now but they would inform the register your interest customers before putting up any POS. Believe it or not, they are big on customer loyalty.

I don't trust play.com. Simple reason - my sister preordered the Razorlight album from them - it took ages to arrive - a time after release!

I'm ordering everything from Amazon.co.uk as soon as pre-orders are activated. My lot will be:

Wii bundle

Second controller & nunchuk

Zelda Twilight Princess

Red Steel

I don't trust play.com. Simple reason - my sister preordered the Razorlight album from them - it took ages to arrive - a time after release!

you see I ordered from them for my wii, based on the fact that I have preordered so many dvds/cds and they have turned up on if not before, like on the saturday before the monday release date. (admittedly not something I would AT ALL expect to see with the Wii). I'm just gonna go on the net thursday if it hasn't been posted cancel the order and run into town friday morning!

If it is a non refundable £20 deposit I will be requiring a paper copy of the terms and conditions.

I'm not sure about other shops, but the Gamestation £20 deposit is refundable.

I'm number one in my store though with the 360 launch they made people buy 5 games at full price to get one.

Not sure which store you're talking about but this certainly doesn't happen at Gamestation - not as long as I've worked there anyway. The £20 deposit is completely refundable, even after launch if you chose not to get one from there. Also you can always buy any console hardware solus, and certainly with the Wii there will be bundles but anyone can leave the store with just the box for £179.99 if they so wish.

I haven't pre-ordered the Wii and nor will I. My economy is down the shithole right now as I've spent far much money over my budget. Bought a new clock for $1595 yesterday for example.

But I'll definately have it before christmas. :hehe:

Game are now taking pre-orders. They called me earlier today.

£20 as usual.

Are you sure about that?