NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

I didn't pre-order my gamecube so don't know the answer to the following.

If, once we've pre-ordered, the price does go down before release (as could easily happen), do I assume that we would only pay the price at release and not at the time of ordering? Has anyone got stung by a particular company in the past?

You dont pay until it gets shipped, so you'll get the new price.

Have a look at http://www.n-shop.co.uk. Good prices on there and the guy just confirmed with me that if you preorder now you'll get it on launch day.

Have a look at http://www.n-shop.co.uk. Good prices on there and the guy just confirmed with me that if you preorder now you'll get it on launch day.

Do they ship to Ireland? If so would we get it on launch?

Not sure if many know but gameplay is actually owned by game so you will probably get just as good a service with their online store plus reward points

Do they ship to Ireland? If so would we get it on launch?

I'm not sure, you'll have to email them. They have an option for a courier though (which is free) so it might be able to get there on time.

I have registered my interest at Game, will get my dad to pick up - because I come back to Newcastle on the 15th from University, so order games off Amazon and pay dad to pay for the console.

I didn't pre-order my gamecube so don't know the answer to the following.

If, once we've pre-ordered, the price does go down before release (as could easily happen), do I assume that we would only pay the price at release and not at the time of ordering? Has anyone got stung by a particular company in the past?

You definatley pay at the time of release. Last time money was harder to come by so it allowed me to get Luigi's mansion with the money taken off. I was made up.

Aparently amazon.com wii pre-orders are sold out since becoming available on the 15th.

amazon.com is the American site. The UK site hasn't started taking any orders yet (as far as I can see).

Will play deliver on launch?

Don't know if anyone answered this; sorry if they have.

Play are pretty bad for delivering on day 1. I have ordered many games from them in the past and while they used to ensure I got them for the Friday release date, for the past couple of years, they have consistently arrived the following Monday. Very annoying. I use Amazon now.

Aparently amazon.com wii pre-orders are sold out since becoming available on the 15th.

Linky.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/5976/1/Amazon.com_Wii_Pre-Order_Sell_Out

Great news for Nintendo! Bad news for people who are slow! You gotta preorder quick, i think the sames happening here!

My local Gamestation have taken 3 already (ok including mine, lol), and that was in a matter of hours. Preorders started at 4:30pm the store shuts a hour later, i went 10:00am the following day, not many opening hours to have 3 preorders already though is it?

Lets hope Nintendo's 6 million allocation around the world helps us! :D

Xtra-Vision have been taking preorders for quite a while, got my 360 there on release day and they seem v.reliable.

Two years ago at Christmas I had 2 DS ordered from Lik-Sang and 2 Super Mario 64 DS ordered from Play.com, and the anxiety I had to go through from 16-24 December waiting on the bastards to arrive was enough to put me off ordering any hardware online at launch again lol I'll be going for good old GAME or Gamestop in Belfast this time.

Okay,so Iwent in to Game on Henry Street (Dublin) this morning and was talking to a guy there about Wii. He was really looking forward to it being released, and told me that they were told 2 weeks ago they would have a demo pod before the end of October :D

He also told me he doesn't know how much stock they're getting and that they was HUGE interest since the PS3 delay.

They aren't pre-ordering in GAME yet however.

Then I mozied (sp?) on down to Gamestop, where I was greeting with some toilet humour......not impressed at all......then I was told I could pre-order no problem. €25 would "guarantee" me a system on launch date. Wii will cost €260 in Gamestop.

The fella in Gamestop also told me that there is a trainig disc included in the Wii launch bundle (no, not Wii Sports,as he said they were totally different) that lets you get used to the Wii-mote. What is this? Just a bunch on mini-mini-games maybe? Or was he lying? I do not know.

Im gonna pre-order in Game when they ring me.....I didnt like the fella in Gamestop.

Have a look at n-shop. Good prices on there and the guy just confirmed with me that if you preorder now you'll get it on launch day.

Hi,

I have placed my preorder for from n-shop -

How do I get to contact them to check about my preorder?

The site isnt very well done :(

Is this n-shop affiliated with n-europe?

Thanks

Everblue

Well they are both called N- something, and I found the advert for n-shop on N-europe...

Anyway, has anyone ever placed an order from N-Shop? I want to know if I made a mistake pre-ordering there.... :P

Thanks!

N-Shop advertise on N-Europe and a number of other sites. The guys assured me it will arrive on the 8th. Their email addresses are

Cool thanks, I have contacted him - thanks!

Did you preoder from him?

Okay,so Iwent in to Game on Henry Street (Dublin) this morning and was talking to a guy there about Wii. He was really looking forward to it being released, and told me that they were told 2 weeks ago they would have a demo pod before the end of October :D

He also told me he doesn't know how much stock they're getting and that they was HUGE interest since the PS3 delay.

They aren't pre-ordering in GAME yet however.

Then I mozied (sp?) on down to Gamestop, where I was greeting with some toilet humour......not impressed at all......then I was told I could pre-order no problem. €25 would "guarantee" me a system on launch date. Wii will cost €260 in Gamestop.

The fella in Gamestop also told me that there is a trainig disc included in the Wii launch bundle (no, not Wii Sports,as he said they were totally different) that lets you get used to the Wii-mote. What is this? Just a bunch on mini-mini-games maybe? Or was he lying? I do not know.

Im gonna pre-order in Game when they ring me.....I didnt like the fella in Gamestop.

Did you check in Smyths? I think I might preorder mine there. I hope they do get a demo pod in Game, that'd be pretty sweet..

Did you check in Smyths? I think I might preorder mine there. I hope they do get a demo pod in Game, that'd be pretty sweet..

Didnt go near Smyths. I might pop in there tomorrow evening.

The guy in Game was telling me the farce they have going on down there for the PS3.

Apparently Smyths were taking a €50 deposit for the PS3, GUARANTEEING it for November 17th. Now the PS3 is delayed and people (who are disappointed they cant get their conlsole need to vent anger at someone) are massacring the staff about the guarantee!

I don't really like gamstation, they don't do good deals, in GAME you can get stuff for a good price if you buy in bulk and ask nicly.