NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
The Peeps

Importing a Wii

Ok, seeing as the uk is being completely ripped off (we're paying much more for the Wii than every other country), I'm looking into importing.

I've never imported a console before though so can someone help me out?

Where are the best places to import from?

How do I do it?

Do I have to convert my money before paying or can I just pay in pounds?

And any other information I'll need please :)

i am not sure where the best place is for a US Wii but get the Japanese Wii from http://www.play-asia.com. you can pay in pounds so no worries there.

the only problem is that play-asia or lik-sang.com are not listing the price yet. although the official price is £112, it may be higher due to low stock. the first few weeks maybe like the DS Lite so real hard to get one.

Ridiculous demand -> long waiting times + shipping times + shipping costs + VAT troubles = stick with the UK Wii.

Seriously. It's only a three week difference and only 30 quid or so.

I dont mind paying the extra money, it's just that we shouldnt have to. We're getting it last and we're paying the most. Why should we pay more than any other country for the same console? I might still wait, it depends how much money I've got.

Ridiculous demand -> long waiting times + shipping times + shipping costs + VAT troubles = stick with the UK Wii.

Seriously. It's only a three week difference and only 30 quid or so.

i don't think you will get import taxes on the Wii. i avoided them on my DS lite and slimline PS2.

if you can find an American Wii at £132 than that is probably the best deal..

i don't think you will get import taxes on the Wii. i avoided them on my DS lite and slimline PS2.

if you can find an American Wii at £132 than that is probably the best deal..

if they mark it as a gift it should be fine and free from import tax-also i think if its under 150 quid its okay.

I'm importing.

I also have enough credit notes to buy a UK one! So i'll probably do that!

Therefore. If it gets region-locked in the future or has any problems, i'll just use the UK one i have.

and USA are showing first signs of getting games first! We're not getting 'Excite-truck' but they are, so i'll be importing that!

I would import only that i have a ton of gamecube games i want to play and there has been no official word on wether my PAL games will run an NTSC Wii.

I'm importing.

I also have enough credit notes to buy a UK one! So i'll probably do that!

Therefore. If it gets region-locked in the future or has any problems, i'll just use the UK one i have.

and USA are showing first signs of getting games first! We're not getting 'Excite-truck' but they are, so i'll be importing that!

Or if it gets region locked, you could just import the games and save yourself £180 on buying a second Wii.

Have you got a sense with money?

Or if it gets region locked, you could just import the games and save yourself £180 on buying a second Wii.

Have you got a sense with money?

Well i did say 'credit-notes' and not money didn't i?

You have a good point though! Just buy a USA one?

What about the internet and everything though, will that work?

If you are going to import then I suggest using Videogamesplus.ca. I have never had to pay import tax when using them and they have a great service and customer support.

If you are going to import then I suggest using Videogamesplus.ca. I have never had to pay import tax when using them and they have a great service and customer support.

Yeah, thats who i was thinking off!

I'm going with Lik-sang as well for back-up!

Shouldn't be a major problem with shortages should there?

Credit notes is money, just money that is video game realted, and yes the Net and everything will work fine.

You should have payed taxes for them, as limit is 35 pounds in Britain (if I remember correctly what my friend said). And because Wii has so big package, Play-Asia will send it with courier. And courier always gets correct price from the sender, because if something happens, courier company's insurance will cover all losses to both sides.

I'm thinking of importing too. The only thing stopping me is I want to know 100% that my existing PAL GameCube games will work with the system.

I'd also like to know that PAL games will work with the system, but importing them isn't a problem.

internet will work fine!!

I'm thinking of importing too. The only thing stopping me is I want to know 100% that my existing PAL GameCube games will work with the system.

I'd also like to know that PAL games will work with the system, but importing them isn't a problem.

I'm not sure, as it uses the same disc tray doesn't it? Actually aren't the discs region-coded? So Gamecube games aren't region-free on it....

What about the VC though? Nintendo announced different amount of games for USA, Europe and Japan didn't they? and the voucher codes will be different in different countries?

Then it shouldn't really have a region lock. Anyway, I still have my Cube for GameCube games, so i'm not fussed.

I'm importing, dunno where from though. I might buy it online and then get my Canadian relatives to post it. That would work out cheaper right?

Can't you guys just contact someone here in the states, like say a friend or a distant relative to send you one and you send them a check. But it would have to be some one you trust.

If I order from Videogamesplus.ca, will they charge me as soon as I order or when the Wii ships?

Normally they charge so soon as they ship your order, but because you can't yet pre-order Wii from VGP, we don't know if there is any difference.

For people import please be aware that even though Nintendo's games are region free, it is possible for 3rd party devs to put this lock on.

But yes we are paying alot more for the console! Im tempted but im just going to sit it out and extra few weeks. Rather than importing a console and if anythings wrong with it then im hardly going to be able to send it back

________

Marijuana Test

Edited by fex

Sign in to follow this