NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
blender

Final Answer - Are you getting a Wii at launch

Will you get a european wii at launch?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get a european wii at launch?

• Yes - "I'll buy it at a high price"
    • No - "not enough cash"
    • dont know -"Stranger"
    • lock this thread idiot

I won't be getting one till they have more VC games on it and I will only use it toget the VC games and that is all.

I mean LoZ:TP is a game that I feel will play much better on that console.

Excite Truck doesn't excite me

Red Steel where is the blood

And nearly everyother game is based on minigames

If the games were £29.99 - £34.99, and they were the rrp then I would consider it if they allowed you to download Nintendo made VC games for free then I would consider it

If the games were £29.99 - £34.99, and they were the rrp then I would consider it if they allowed you to download Nintendo made VC games for free then I would consider it

you say that about the games, but if you shop around you might be able to get them for that if you shop around.

Yeah, I'm getting a Wii at launch. I'll get Zelda, Red Steel, a second Wiimote, nunchuck and the classic controller. Cant wait!

Damn right I will be getting one at launch. It doesn't surprise me even one little bit that we (UK) have to pay more for the console. We pay more for everything. I bet ya don't compalin when you actually get your hands on the bloody thing!!!

The thing that bothers me is having to buy a Wiimote and the nunchuck seperatly. That's crap. Why not bundle them together Nintendo?

I'm getting one but I kind of hope MS decide to lower the 360 price which in turn makes Nintendo lower the laucnh price for the Wii in Europe. Kind of like what happened with the Cube and Xbox.

Few things:

1. Wii is the same price as the PSP (gaffaw!)

2. Want to preorder but I don't know where the release event in London will be. Can anybody find this out? Virgin, HMV or GAME?

Few things:

1. Wii is the same price as the PSP (gaffaw!)

2. Want to preorder but I don't know where the release event in London will be. Can anybody find this out? Virgin, HMV or GAME?

Its usually HMV oxford street ... it was for GC and GB SP.

well a long queue and a free game if thats what you call an event

DS launch was Virgin, Nintendogs was HMV. Dammit, I wanna know so I can preorder!!!!!

Nintendogs was HMV.

The small HMV, yes. A console launch would probably be at the big one.

It's always been my intention to go to the launch event, but I've now had a definite 'NO' to me going to that from my mother, so I'll pop into my local Gamestation tomorrow and preorder, making do with launch day instead of event.

I'm unsure as to when I'll actually be able to pick it up, because I can't go at midnight (unless my mother has a serious change of heart), I leave early for school and get back late, and then I've got a fencing competition the next day. Also, I don't want someone to pick it up for me, as they're bound to get the wrong stuff or miss out on any special bundles.

I'm 100% getting the Wii at launch (although I may wait and open it at the Christmas holidays thinking about it).

The price hasn't put me off at all; though I was REALLY surprised when I heard the UK price!

Wii offers more than any other next-gen console and there's no way I could miss out on all the fantastic games!

Would have preferred a Black console though!

I'm 100% getting the Wii at launch (although I may wait and open it at the Christmas holidays thinking about it).

I'm sure you will need to check its working on the day you buy it ;)

Actually, to quote myself!

I will get a Wii at launch unless it turns out the Black console will be out VERY soon afterwards!!

+2 Rep for the Merchant reference in the poll. Yes I am getting one at launch, although I don't plan to pre-order. It won't be sold out, surely.

Sign in to follow this