NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
blender

Final Answer - Are you getting a Wii at launch

Will you get a european wii at launch?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get a european wii at launch?

• Yes - "I'll buy it at a high price"
    • No - "not enough cash"
    • dont know -"Stranger"
    • lock this thread idiot

Thank your one of the only people I think of as my equal on these boards so good on you for seeing the truth

For crying out loud.

If you read other posts and threads, there are other people also saying this. Europe, especially the UK, get overcharged. It's not just Nintendo doing it.

Europe got screwed over again.

but to get the 360 with the same kind of stuff you would have to spend more than the £199 for the core pack.

Memory card 64MB, add £22.99,

wireless network adaptor, add £59.99,

wireless controller, add £32.99

xbox live after 3 months, add £39.99,

a game, add £24.99 - £49.99,

it soon adds up, I still think the wii should have been £169.99 at the most but thinking about the above prices makes me think that its not too bad at all.

EDIT: on a side note if you take VAT off the UK price you get £149.99, ish.

Pre-ordering it soon at game so I guess that counts as a yes. BUT can't have it til xmas as it's my xmas present :(

I might be in the same situation what are you going to do! I will be going insane. I am 20 ffs people died in the great war who were younger than me and I am worried about waiting a few weeks for a Wii. Tsk Tsk.

But sierously what are we going to do? :wink:

Of course i am! By December 8th ill ahve saved plenty of Dollareuuu

I would import, but some games might not be region free, and that could be an issue.

Thank your one of the only people I think of as my equal on these boards so good on you for seeing the truth

Just because we got screwed over doesn't mean I won't be buying one. I still am. I was just stating a fact - Europe always gets screwed over on console prices compared to the US.

Consoles are always expensive at launch. Let's look at what I paid for my Xbox360.

Core - £209

Wireless Controller - £40?

Third party Component cable - £20.

Official cable cause third party was crap - £20

Perfect Dork Zero - £50

Memory Unit - £20-30?

Hard drive - £70? I think.

HDTV - over a grand.

Anyway, that adds up to a whole lot to play what has basically been Halo 2 in higher resolution. The Wii is super cheap compared to that, plus it won't have ripoff £50 each games.

Yep. Just

A Wii and Zelda and Red Steel in England means no DS games until Christmas.

A Imported Wii, etc. means Wii plus two DS games before Christmas.

Just had a thought, I could import the games for £60 instead of £80 and hopefully recieve them before the UK launch and buy a UK Wii for £240 instead of £260, small saving but could be the difference between a Wii or No Wii. Red Steel might be region locked though.:hmm:

Some people complain too much. If you dont get it at launch, im sure someone else will. Im not wasting time, get it while its hot!!

I'll definitely buy it at a high price or rob a bank if I'm short on cash thanks to the expensive Uni in expensive Zürich.

Well no actually I already saved up for Wii but it would also be a nice christmas present but there's nothing beating launch day.

It took hours of thinking, but I've decided to get a UK Wii.

It's a bit more expensive than I would have liked (was hoping £160), but I can still buy the stuff I wanted for £300! Plus, my savings went better than I thought, so maybe I can break the bank a bit for 1/2 more things. :P

Getting UK will be a hell of a lot easier than dealing with import headaches.

Not sure. I'm pretty unhappy with Nintendo now.

I've literally waited months to get a date and price, and they always said it to be about €200. Now, all of a sudden, I have to pay €50 more then expected for a console with no DVD support (which was supposed to cut costs, well frankly Nintendo, that's the biggest load of...), no standard controller (so far for selling that Cube of mine.), expensive hardware and software, and a game that I do not care about.

I don't mind waiting for Christmas, but I mind the cashcowing from Nintendo. They had a chance to score big time in Europe. This announcement undid all that. If Nintendo is smart at all, they will lower the price. Enough Europeans are importing now anyway.

Meh, we'll see. If not, I'll just buy the Zelda Cube version. (if they don't change like with this and make it Wii-only)

Now, all of a sudden, I have to pay €50 more then expected for a console with no DVD support (which was supposed to cut costs, well frankly Nintendo, that's the biggest load of...),

Nintendo never said that console would be 200 euros. It is just specimen called "retardus fanboyus" who though that because he gets attached to every fucking rumour and stupid speculation you can find on the net.

And DVD Support does cost in form of codex licenses (around 10-20 euros).

Final Answer - I'll use all the power I have to get one on launch day with Zelda.

Nintendo never said that console would be 200 euros. It is just specimen called "retardus fanboyus" who though that because he gets attached to every fucking rumour and stupid speculation you can find on the net.

You're right. Rumours and speculation just made many people believe that the console would cost a stupidly small amount.

Nintendo actually said that the console would cost less than 250 euros. And, the price has been confirmed as under 250 euros. ;)

Nintendo always said their console would be about $250. That has been about €200 for months. I can hardly see how this would be speculation, as it came from Nintendo itself. I guess according to your logic I would have to dismiss everything Nintendo says as a rumour now.

And please, the no-DVD is not reflected in the price. Nintendo could've easily put it in, sell it at this price and still make a profit.

The Wii is just overpriced in my eyes, end of story. That high price compared to other Regions doesn't have to do with taxes alone.

EDIT: Though I guess I don't have as much right to complain as the UK, as they have to spend even more money. <_<

I will, and I will also insist I work that day (or at least the opening).

Nintendo always said their console would be about $250. That has been about €200 for months. I can hardly see how this would be speculation, as it came from Nintendo itself.

Prices aren't never converted to 1:1 basis between regions, only naive idiot believes in that (you can look other electronics for examples). Plus David Yarnton said at Leipzig that it would be "less than 250 euros", and that is directly from Nintendo, so don't *bleep* complain.

Nintendo always said their console would be about $250. That has been about €200 for months. I can hardly see how this would be speculation, as it came from Nintendo itself. I guess according to your logic I would have to dismiss everything Nintendo says as a rumour now.

No, it was definitely 250 euros, not 200.

Here is one article about it:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/727/727654p1.html

There have been more, too. This was the first one i found.

Here's an extract:

While many expected Nintendo to use this week's German Games Convention to announce a final price, the company remained coy. One tidbit did surface, however: according to Reuters, Bernd Fakesch, head of Nintendo's German operations, said he expects the Wii will sell in Europe for less than 250 euros (about $320).

Converted to dollars, the price looks steep, though consoles in Europe are typically more expensive, partly due to taxes. For instance, the Xbox 360 Core System retails for 299 euros, or about $385 - whereas the system is $299 in the States.

oh god your perfect for each other!!!! ROFL!!!

Prices aren't never converted to 1:1 basis between regions, only naive idiot believes in that
Reread instead of bitching at me. I said about €200. I calculated upwards. I included taxes. This still doesn't get me 250 euros. I guess I should've put in my first post that the €50 euros plus was Wii + Game. Though I have to admit I did not put taxes on the games, which was my mistake.

Oh great, they said it would be less then €250. Instead, we get €249. Wow! What an amazing difference. Yay.

Fierce_LiNk, thanks for posting that article. I guess I should've checked quite a few sites beforehand. Still, thanks for showing me I could have predicted this. =/

Sign in to follow this