NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

European Event- General Chat

It's all good news.

The only thing I'd like confirmed is whether or not the colour Wii's will ship with the white package that's coming December 8th. I intend on getting a Black Wii.

What I don't understand so far is the game pricing policy:

49 - 59€ for a game - does that mean I pay 59 for Zelda and 49 for Wii Play? I mean I don't have a problem to pay 59€ for Zelda but Excite Truck for 59€ sounds not right to me.

I thought Iwata said that most people don't pick up games at 59€ and therfor the goal for the Wii was to decrease console game prices. No high-definition, cheaper hardware, well known architecture, ... . So anyone knows if the 59€ apply to every game or just third party games.

Sorry retro but if your talking about Eenuh she wasn't whining at all. She was just stating that £40 for a game is alot, maybe she doesan't care about the prices of other next-gen games.

I'm glad the Wii is here this Europe in europe and everything. Still, November would have made more sence and £180 is a joke to be honest, compared to how much it is everywhere else that is. They're risking it being any sort of a hit in the U.K I would say.

I don't see why people are complaining about the price. The GameCube was going to be £180, but the price dropped 2 weeks before it came out (could it happen again?) to £130.

If there hadn't been rumours that it was going to be $99 which was just ridiculous would you still be disappointed with the price? It's £100 cheaper than its closest rival. It's the same price as a PSP. It will be fine.

Yeah, and your getting free online out of the box (including Opera,Weather,Mii and all that + VC) + WiiSports.

It is pretty cool that we're getting it only 6 days after Japan, has that ever happened with a Nintendo console before?

It is pretty cool that we're getting it only 6 days after Japan, has that ever happened with a Nintendo console before?

6 days not but 6 months ;-)

Yeah, and your getting free online out of the box (including Opera,Weather,Mii and all that + VC) + WiiSports.

You need to pay for Opera.It's still a joke comparing our price to every where else.

Right to be honest i'm not moaning about the price, I reckoned about £170 with Wii Sports. it is true that we end up paying more compared to everyone else but its always been the same and not just with Nintendo, not even just with games, with alot of stuff, and to be honest I wasnt expecting it to change for the Wii.

I'm also glad to see the prices of the games arent what I'd expected as at work they are priced at £49.99 on computer!

I don't see why people are complaining about the price. The GameCube was going to be £180, but the price dropped 2 weeks before it came out (could it happen again?) to £130.

If there hadn't been rumours that it was going to be $99 which was just ridiculous would you still be disappointed with the price? It's £100 cheaper than its closest rival. It's the same price as a PSP. It will be fine.

Still a 360 core is around the same price.

Yeah, the most basic bundle of them all. As others have stated, compare what you get for the core pack and what you get for the Wii launch bundle.

I dont care it costs £20 less than a 360 core version, you get nothing really in a core version anyway. You get a console and that it.

Im happy with the price of it. but i am angry because of my timetable change i had a full day today so i couldnt be here for the news.

great to see we get wii sports included.

Tbh, if you dont like the price dont figgin get it then.

Yeah, ok, you buy a Core 360 for £190. You can't actually do anything with it then. You need to buy a memory card for £30. and then a game for £50.

360 - 190 + 30 + 50 = £270

Wii - 170 + 40 = £210

£60 cheaper than the Core 360 with a game.

Sorry to break your illusion, but if you buy memory card, game and online to that package, you are looking package that costs 80 pounds more. If you take HD, you are looking 130 pounds.

£60 cheaper than the Core 360 with a game.

And that doesn't even include harddisc that is required for HD-only games, backward compatibility and for downloading demos. Or even get you playing online.

Please tell me that is some twisted form of sarcasm. That would have been the worst possible result.

Right if there are only 15 VC games available at 8th December, imagaine how many there would be available in March 2007

If there will only be 15-20 games available for launch on the 8th December, imagine how many would be available in March 2007

If we only get 100,000 units at launch to cover 5 countries in europe imagine how many more units we would have available

Sorry to break your illusion, but if you buy memory card, game and online to that package, you are looking package that costs 80 pounds more. If you take HD, you are looking 130 pounds.

I'm quite aware of that people. Im under no illusion, don't get ratty with me please. People looking to buy a new games console might not see it that way is my point. Its a new idea, its a risky price. The U.K got the shitty end of the Wii-mote regardless.

Right if there are only 15 VC games available at 8th December, imagaine how many there would be available in March 2007

If there will only be 15-20 games available for launch on the 8th December, imagine how many would be available in March 2007

If we only get 100,000 units at launch to cover 5 countries in europe imagine how many more units we would have available

Thats all well and good but by getting a release near Christmas means good sales and a foot in the door while Sony are napping. Its not like its a shoddy launch, there are plenty of games their to keep everyone happy. As for the VC there would be the same amount in March whether they launched then or whether they launch now.

The shop i'll be preordering from said they prolly won't take preorders till Monday week cuz they need to find out how many units their gonna get.

STill can't believe its only gonna be one colour at launch, the redesign of the DS to DS lite was meant to be a compliment to the Wii, so why release the Lite in various colours and then not have matching colours for the Wii?

I guess i'll just have to paint it black myself....

What can I say? I'm disappointed.

So kiss me goodbye, honey i'm going to make it out alive, so kiss me goodbye, i can see the venom in your eyes!

LOVE it!

Totally off-topic but couldnt help myself! :D

Just did some calculating and the stuff that i'mg etting takes me up to £450...same price as a PS3. Thats a Wii, 3 extra controllers, 3 extra nunchucks, a classic controller, Zelda, Monkey Ball, Elebits (IT IS GONNA LAUNCH DAMMIT) and obviously WiiSports and WiiPlay with the console & Controllers respectively

In your face Sony...5 Games, complete set of Controllers and a Console for the price of your console