NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

European Event- General Chat

Wii Play (extra controller ftw! And you can play as your avatar, which is an idea I'm loving)

Ah yes good point sprouty I forgot about that. Is it going to be like £39.99 for the two?

Like I said, somehow I can't but think we're gonna get screwed over. And we did. But thats just because we live in ripp off Britain. I mean to American people $250 is a lot. Just as £180 give or take seems like a bit much to us too. Maybe they should throw in Wii Play to make us feel a little bit better.

Or they might do what they did with the cube. Knock off £20 at launch. Went from 150 to 130.

I'm glad it's this year at least. I'll probably end up buying it off gamestation and buying an extra controller or two online and maybe a game and third controller and a game for chrimbo?

I don't understand why some people are moaning about the lack of a black console - when you're playing, the last thing you'll be looking at will be the console!!!!

Anyway, to provide different colour options from the start would just complicate production and would probably result in fewer consoles being initially available.

Additional controllers will also be available from launch at the estimated retail prices of: Wii Remote - 39 Euros (£29 in UK), Nunchuk – 19 Euros (£14 in UK) and the Classic Controller – 19 Euros (£14 in UK)

That's good.

£34 for an extra Wiimote + Nunchuk?

Ouch.

So to get decent usage out of the console, i.e. console + extra controller + one game (other than Wii Sports, which I have interest in) is going to be around £240? That is very ouch.

250$ isnt a lot to Americans, they live much better than europeans, most fanboys are just temporarily irritated because they wanted a 150$ console. For a console with all the Wii has and a free game 250$ is cheap and way cheaper than any other console.

I'm hoping that they do reduce the price prior to launch. Getting a Wii and Twilight Princess is all I'm bothered about really, and to get them together for around £200 would be great.

Ah yes good point sprouty I forgot about that. Is it going to be like £39.99 for the two?

I have no idea. But I just have to have it. Chances of that price are likely though. But it's still worthwile getting a game and a controller for the same price as a normal game.

Who plans on making a Jesus avatar :heh:?

Additional controllers will also be available from launch at the estimated retail prices of: Wii Remote - 39 Euros (£29 in UK), Nunchuk – 19 Euros (£14 in UK) and the Classic Controller – 19 Euros (£14 in UK)

That's good.

THATS NOT GOOD! That equates to $66 (Wiimote) + $32 (Nunchuck) = $98 AUD.

So total price for Wii + 3 extra controllers is $400 + $296 = $696 AUD.

Way too much. This will NOT attract non-gamers, noway. :(

Seriously considering cancelling my pre-order and waiting. The PS3 is looking good value now.

The reason why it's £179 and not nearer £150 is because of all the taxes and duties we have in rip off Britain.

Don't forget, if you import it, you could get stung for import duty in which case you could easily end up losing money . . .

Anyway, at least they didn't hold it back until March 2007 - something I was dreading.

Sorry, but thats bollocks. Even with VAT Nintendo are still adding £50 onto the Japaneese price and £30 onto the US one. Companies seem to be realising that we automatically blame VAT, and are profiting from our stupidity! :mad:

Take VAT off and the console is about £162. In the US its £133 and in Japan its £113!

Sorry, but thats bollocks. Even with VAT Nintendo are still adding £50 onto the Japaneese price and £30 onto the US one. Companies seem to be realising that we automatically blame VAT, and are profiting from our stupidity! :mad:

Take VAT off and the console is about £162. In the US its £133 and in Japan its £113!

The bundled game? The transport costs? There are hidden costs behind any European price.

Its not what I hoped for, but its still the cheapest console on the market.

But VAT isn't the only extra that the government charge. I think you'll find that any foreign company selling goods in the UK have to pay duties, something that the consumer never sees.

BAH just realised Excite Truck IS NOT a European launch title :(

Hope it's out before xmas

And lets be fair... the UK does have a different plug :ducks:

LMAO!!

Remember the insults on Kotaku when the Black DS lite launched in Europe!

Wii Sports is a gimmick, theyre bundling it because nobody would have payed more than £20 for it.

Wii is VERY expensive, £180 for the console, £40 a game and £45 for controller + nunchuck. Your looking at £250 for the console, Wii Sports, 1 other game (probably from a choice of Ice Age 2 or Cars) and an extra controller!

Just got back in, I heard the date and price but did they show any new games or anything?

No, nothing new I'm afraid...But there is also Tokyo Game Show within 5 days ;)

The bundled game? The transport costs? There are hidden costs behind any European price.

Its not what I hoped for, but its still the cheapest console on the market.

Not by MUCH!

Cost of XBOX360 premier system in Australia has dropped to $530 AUD, wirless controllers abot $70 (on special even cheaper), games dropping to $50 AUD.

Max cost of X360 with 3 extral controllers is $530 +3*$70 = $740 AUD

Cost of Wii with 3 extra controllers/Nunchucks is $696 AUD

So Wii is only $46 cheaper than X360, nothing when you consider cheap X360 games available, plus you get Hi definition, DVD player and Hard disk drive.

Nintendo has lost the Australian market.

Wii Sports is a gimmick, theyre bundling it because nobody would have payed more than £20 for it.

Wii is VERY expensive, £180 for the console, £40 a game and £45 for controller + nunchuck. Your looking at £250 for the console, Wii Sports, 1 other game (probably from a choice of Ice Age 2 or Cars) and an extra controller!

Go back to your cave troll-