NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

European Event- General Chat

13:19.51 -

4) Most dramatic: the hands-on with the Wii control in LA at E3 2006. "For us, that was a huge week."

Each moment represents a bridge to the majority of people who don't play games, he says. Today introduces a fifth step.

we know that

Just you fatboy, though Im not getting the biggest amount of updates from IGN...

Meh...

I guess it isn't too much of a strain to reload IE and Ctrl + V in the address every now and then.

13:16 - Today, says Iwata, it's time to introduce the fifth mileston in Nintendo's strategy - the Wii Channel. And the offers a much tougher sell for Nintendo. Games consoles don't travel see! So generally, they're only seen by the people who live under that roof. Iwata says, to expand console audience, Nintendo started by increasing the number of gamers playing in one household.

When the Wii is first turned on, they'll see the Wii channel page. First up is the Disc Channel, used to access either Wii or GameCube titles. Now he's going through things like the photo software designed to offer "simple organisation and manipulation of photos".

same stuff from US

Eurogamer updating quite slowly.

Not too bad though.

There going to announce all details in like 5 minutes, kinda speeding through it all aren't they?

15 VC games available during launch period. Roughly 5-10 titles will be added per month. When purchased, always accessible and will become a new channel on the main screen.

Seems like Europe will get less VC-games. 15 at launch, 5-10 games added every month.

What are US getting again?

13:20 - Onto the Mii Channel - and idea that came about after the E3 Wii Tennis demo where everyone wanted to know of they'd be able to put their own faces into the game, as with Iwata's character.

Now onto the message board system, calender, weather channels and of course, the Internet Channel. Provided by Opera. Virtual Console now. Offering an "instant library" of games - 15 VC games available during launch period. Roughly 5-10 titles will be added per month. When purchased, always accessible and will become a new channel on the main screen.

WiiConnect 24 - constantly updated information while we sleep.

And a date my friend?

HAN?????????????????

Im on my second listen through of Blackholes and Revelations here. Not a bad thing like, but some new news would be groovy any time soon...

Im on my second listen through of Blackholes and Revelations here. Not a bad thing like, but some new news would be groovy any time soon...

Get Last.Fm and add it into your profile. :heh:

Chill guys, its hardly thrilling yet but its a certainty we'll get the price and date by the end of the conference (which is the most important thing) and then as the event goes on till 5 there'll hopefully be some new footage and stuff. I would like some news just as much as the rest of you right now though :heh:

Perhaps fewer VC games to start with because.. we're getting the Wii earlier?

No?

You wish......hell , we all wish

13:25 - Ah! Logan's back and she's showing us Tennis. She's bandying around the names 'Tim Henman' and 'Greg Rezetski' - a name I've never needed to spell before. Logan's just spend a good five minutes hunting around for a bunch of avatars bearing likenesses to them. And now the curtains have just whizzed open and there's a fake tennis court on stage! Guess who's there! Yup, REAL LIVE TENNIS STARS!

Perhaps fewer VC games to start with because.. we're getting the Wii earlier?

No?

Doubt it. Lovely thought though.

I think they think the VC thing isn't as important to us in Europe...don't know....

13:24 - Iwata's stating again that Wii is for everyone, not just gamers. Wii will have its own range of Touch Generation software too. Although he's just buggered off the stage, so who knows what they'll be.

Success in getting more non-gamers to buy the Wii is seeming more and more probable. The Touch Generations were important to the success of the DS.